Flag Players

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
James Rustler
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Flag Players

Postby James Rustler » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:37 am

tritsctm wrote:
James Rustler wrote:1. Sterling Sheppard is at worse a WR2. OROY is a 2 way race between him and Zeke (assuming health)

2. Ryan Tannehill turns in a top 15 season, with Jarvis Landry and Parker as top 10-15 receivers. Jordan Cameron returns to relevance and is a top 5 TE, Jay Ajayi is a low end RB1. Their defense loses them enough games to still go 7-9

3. TJ Yeldon scores more fantasy points than Chris Ivory. Marqise Lee is a WR3 at worse.

4. Kamar Aiken scores more fantasy points (ppr) than Kevin White.

5. Blake Bortles and Jameis Winston turn in top 8 performances this year.

6. Amari Cooper goes for 1300+ yards and 14 TD. Carr becomes elite.

7. Antonio Brown flirts with Megatron's single season receiving record.

8. Geno Smith is a QB2.

9. Kirk Cousins is a QB1.

10. Zack Ertz puts in a top 5 TE season.

11. Patriots win the superbowl and still manages to drive owners crazy with their receivers and backs.

12. Eli Manning throws for 5000 yds, 40 TD+. OBJ puts up AB numbers, Sheppard is a high end WR2, Geremy Davis a low end wr2.

13. Terrell Pryor becomes a WR3, is 1st or 2nd in points for backs and receivers on the Browns.

14. Breshad Perriman tears his ACL.

15. Kenny Bell becomes a startable player.

16. The niners are awful.

17. Chris Conley still drives owners crazy.

18. Ladarius Green comes on in the 2nd half.

19. Lamar Miller finishes as RB1 overall, Jaelen strong is the WR2 for the Texans.

20. Sammie Coates goes over 1000 yards.

21. Jeff Driskel becomes the niners starter at some point.

22. RG3 implodes, Cody Kessler starts for the Browns this year.

23. Fitzmagic starts for either the Browns or the Niners.

24. Big Ben, Brees and Luck also go for over 5000 yds, Luck flirts with some records.

25. At least 2 Colts receivers break 1000 yards

26. Jerick McKinnon has 1000 total yards.

27. Barring injuries, Charles Johnson scores more points than Laquon Treadwell.

28. Alex Collins has more fantasy points than CJ Prosise

29. Keith Marshall steals Matt Jones' job.

30. 5+ guys flirt with 5000 yards passing.

31. AROB continures to dominate with 100 receptions and 1200+ yards

32. Trent Richardson becomes startable at some point this season.
Someone is a Matthew Berry fan
Not at all. Although I am forever grateful to him for helping mainstream fantasy football. Honestly, for as bad as I hate on ESPN fantasy, they helped bring fake football to the masses.
10 Team 2 QB, 2 RB, 3WR, 2 Superflex, k, Defense:
PPR, big game bonuses, big play bonuses, high volume bonuses (30 completions, 30 carries, receptions)
Brown Town Band
QB: C. Newton, B. Osweiler
RB: D. Johnson, Ezekiel Elliot
WR: Mike Evans, A. Cooper, Devante Parker
Flex: J. Langford, P. Dorsett
TE: Ebron
Bench: Teddy 2 gloves, Mckinnon, Zeck Zenner, T. Coleman. S. Diggs 2016: 1.01, 2.01, 2.02, 3.01, 4.01. 2017: 4 1sts, 3 2nds

2016 predictions: was too long, here's a link. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=122933&p=1065590#p1065590

James Rustler
Role Player
Role Player

Postby James Rustler » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:42 am

jtd1387 wrote: You should put those in your sig and see how many are true at the end of the year (who is the poster that does that? I think it is great!)

But I think you missed the point of the thread. It isn't "make predicitions fo the year," it is "who are the guys you are all in on this year?"
I'm gonna put them in my Sig later today.

As far as being off topic, my bad.
I'm high on the passing game for the giants, fins and jags so all those guys.

Sterling Sheppard is my favorite receiver out of this class.

Trying to get Kamar Aiken everywhere I can.

I'm all in on Lamar Miller for reals.

I love TJ Yeldon

For Tight ends Im really high on Ertz and to a leader degree Ebron.
10 Team 2 QB, 2 RB, 3WR, 2 Superflex, k, Defense:
PPR, big game bonuses, big play bonuses, high volume bonuses (30 completions, 30 carries, receptions)
Brown Town Band
QB: C. Newton, B. Osweiler
RB: D. Johnson, Ezekiel Elliot
WR: Mike Evans, A. Cooper, Devante Parker
Flex: J. Langford, P. Dorsett
TE: Ebron
Bench: Teddy 2 gloves, Mckinnon, Zeck Zenner, T. Coleman. S. Diggs 2016: 1.01, 2.01, 2.02, 3.01, 4.01. 2017: 4 1sts, 3 2nds

2016 predictions: was too long, here's a link. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=122933&p=1065590#p1065590

abajaba
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby abajaba » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:07 am

Devante Parker.

I just ran a bunch of numbers based on available targets and who received them in Chicago along with what Tannehill does and how many Landry commanded last year. I don't see Landry possibly commanding more or putting up better numbers than last year. Devante Parker can easily see 150 targets, he has the same size as Alshon Jeffrey and also the same skills. I see this guy as a top 20 ppr wideout and recently offered 1.8 and 2.7 this year for him. I still have yet to hear from his owner on the trade.
8 Team PPR Year 8: 2/3/4/1/DEF
2016 & 2018 Champion :dance:
QB-Rivers,Cousins,Eli,Tannehill
RB-Gurley,Fournette,Connor,Bell,McKinnon,Dion Lewis,Ballage,Yeldon,Doug Martin
WR-Evans,Nuk,Cooks,Diggs,ARob,Woods,John Brown,Doctson,Boyd,Ross,
TE-Kittle,Graham,Doyle

Rookie Picks: '19 - 3.8/4.8; '20 - 2nd/4th

Prospector
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Prospector » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:23 am

Cooper - goes to next level
Tannehill & Jordan Cameron (Gase loves TEs and if Tanny can audible we will see true potential)
Funchess - think he becomes strong #2 for the team and used much more
Darron Lee - He is coming up big this year at the LB position
Jordan Hicks - got a small taste of what he will bring and it is time to lock him down folks!
Buckner - drafted him over Bosa with absolute confidence in his fit on the 49ers.
Roger Lewis - Hate is behavior and need to see him clean up his act but the talent is undeniable. Love the my ball mentality
Donte Montcrief - think he overtakes #1 position (have Hilton but not Crief :-()
DeAndre Smelter - I believe he will emerge by the end of the preseaon

TB3falcons
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby TB3falcons » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:41 pm

Marvin Jones- I think he's going to surprise people and put up low-end WR1 numbers.

Kenny Bell- this guy has talent: all-time leading WR @ Nebraska (receptions/yards) & only has an old, oft-injured VJax in his way from a lot of playing time
16 Team PPR(.5 for RBs)/RetY/Balanced IDP League (QB,RB,2WR,TE,4FLX,PK,PN,DT,2DE,3LB,2CB,2S,1DFLX) 2018 & 2019 LC
QB- Mahomes, Ryan
RB- Gordon, Ingram, Swift, Gore, Hyde, Ogunbowale
WR- Hopkins, KAllen, Lockett, Golladay, Fitz, Edelman, MJones, Crowder, Cobb, Claypool, AGG, Miller (CHI), Humphries, Conley, David Moore, Demarcus Robinson, Gordon :boohoo:
TE- Olsen, Ian Thomas, Njoku
PK- Butker
PN- Cooke
DT- CJones, Ogunjobi, Kinlaw
DE- Hunter, DLaw, Young, Anderson, Turay
LB- Littleton, Mosley, D. Davis, Schobert, Bush, AJ Johnson, Walker, Evans, Burgess
CB- C Davis, Ward, Murphy-Bunting
S- JJ3, Walker, Williams, Rapp, Parks

Taxi: Oliver, Laird, Collier, Cominsky, Phillips, JAXWilliams, Harris, Willis

ZPalmtree
Captain
Captain

Postby ZPalmtree » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:45 pm

TB3falcons wrote:Marvin Jones- I think he's going to surprise people and put up low-end WR1 numbers.

Kenny Bell- this guy has talent: all-time leading WR @ Nebraska (receptions/yards) & only has an old, oft-injured VJax in his way from a lot of playing time
I will counter that and say Tate is closer to WR1 numbers than Jones 8-)

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:42 pm

Zpalmer wrote:
TB3falcons wrote:Marvin Jones- I think he's going to surprise people and put up low-end WR1 numbers.

I will counter that and say Tate is closer to WR1 numbers than Jones 8-)
Time to be bold.. Ebron becomes the most fantasy relevant player between the three!

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:46 am

pokerface40 wrote:Matthew Berry does a column every year highlighting his 'flag players', guys he is planting a flag for regardless of the consensus. I thought it would be fun to see some DLF flag planting entering the 2016 season. Here are a few of mine.

Zeke - I know his price is astronomically high and many say his price will never be higher. But I feel like at this time next year he will be in the untouchable tier with the likes of OBJ, Nuk, Gurley etc.

Landry - The Dolphins brought in an offensive guru who traded up to get Caroo, Parker will be a target hog, and the sky is falling. But all reports point to a bigger role for Landry if that is possible. He has been working out with OBJ and AB, has the trust of his QB, and his main focus is in improvement is YAC. Plus Gase has been hyping him. Give me as many shares as possible.

Tannehill - Again Gase is the magic word. Tanny improved his first 3 years and regressed in the nightmare of a Dolphins O last year. Enter the QB whisperer and I see a jump in ADP next year.

CJA - Location, location, location. That location being a Kubiak offense free of Manning with a solid D on the other side. If he stays healthy the sky is the limit.

Ladarius - Stuck behind a 1st ballot HOFer, and still flashed nicely last year. Put him in a high-powered offense that lost their biggest RZ threat to a year suspension and I think he feasts.

Duke - The Browns will be behind in every game and Hue will utilize any and every weapon that can tear it up in space. I feel like he will be the definition of PPR back by the end of the year.

DGB - There is a reason people compare him to Megatron. His freakish combination of size, speed and athleticism is unmatched in the league at this point. His off the field issues are overblown and he looked pretty good last year despite missing a full year of football the year before and being super raw. He is dripping with top 10 potential.

Who you got? Plant your flags and we will revisit this in a year!
I think it is Christopher Harris that did that column before he left ESPN (though he still does it even post espn)
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – πŸ†
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – πŸ₯ˆ

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – πŸ†
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – πŸ₯ˆ

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:53 pm

L. Murray will be a top 10 RB
Dorsett will be a boom-bust WR2 (2015 John Brown)
Sterling Sheppard will catch 75+ balls
Mariota will be a top 8 QB
Amari Cooper and Evans will be top 8 WRs. Aj Green will be top 3
Torrey Smith will be a top 20 WR
Crowell will be a RB2
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, J Daniels, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/G WILSON/D ADAMS/DK, Pittman, Flowers, Evans, Pearsoll
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/COUSINS, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
LAPORTA/KELCE/KITTLE
/
TEAM C - 32T (2 copy), 1QB, TEP
TUA, J Daniels
KAMARA, J Brooks, Monty, Mattison
JJ/DK/GODWIN/K ALLEN, Kirk, J Meyers, Polk, Wandale
KITTLE, Goedert, Higbee
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE, Pollard
CHASE/G WILSON/AIYUK/DJM, Nabers, Pittman, Diggs, Polk
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/BREECE, Pollard
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert
/
TEAM F - 12T, SF & TEP
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:12 pm

Prospector wrote:Cooper - goes to next level
Tannehill & Jordan Cameron (Gase loves TEs and if Tanny can audible we will see true potential)
Funchess - think he becomes strong #2 for the team and used much more
Darron Lee - He is coming up big this year at the LB position
Jordan Hicks - got a small taste of what he will bring and it is time to lock him down folks!
Buckner - drafted him over Bosa with absolute confidence in his fit on the 49ers.
Roger Lewis - Hate is behavior and need to see him clean up his act but the talent is undeniable. Love the my ball mentality
Donte Montcrief - think he overtakes #1 position (have Hilton but not Crief :-()
DeAndre Smelter - I believe he will emerge by the end of the preseaon
Just feel the need to give a shout out for the IDP love. Nicely done brotha!