Moderator: ekassor

BradyT
Legend
Legend

2012 Off-season business

Postby BradyT » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:35 am

The 2012 season is underway fellas!

Trading and drafting will remain on the forum

Unfortunately fleaflicker is too f*ed up, so we will keep trading and drafting here on the forum.. which I kinda like anyway, especially drafting, sicne you´re able to also post a pioc next to your selection. And by sending out message-offers, it is more or less the same as on a league page. YOu just gotta write it down. Hope you dont mind guys!

-----------------------------------------

Players on IR

All players still being placed on IR must be removed(activated to the active roster or cut) there by April 1st(midnight). Any player that still on IR after the deadline has passed will be cut from that roster

Cutdowns

Owners will need to cut down their rosters to 34 by midnight June 30th.
In case an owner has more than his 6 draft choices, he doesn´t need to make another roster-cut immediately. He can wait till his 7th, 8th etc selection is actually about to happen during the draft.

2012 rookie/FA draft

This years draft will kick off at noon July 7th. Once OTC with a selection, each owner will have a max of 12 hours to make a selection. When a pick is made, every owner is asked to send a message to the owner, who will be picking next(more to come about that when draft time approaches).

Off-season FA

Free agency will kick off at noon on the first Saturday after the 2012 draft has been completed. It will be FCFS waivers.

Have fun ladies ;)
12teams,42roster,ppr,IDP 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,2DL,2LB,2DB,1Flex
QB:Rodgers,Sanchez,Flynn,Johnson
RB:AD,R.Rice,L.McCoy,Richardson,Hunter,Jacquizz,TaiwanJ,Goodson
WR:Fitzgerald,Nicks,Jennings,Dez,G.Little,Burress,Jacoby,G.Tate
TE:Gates,Keller,Rudolph
K:Janikowski
DL:Allen,Umenyiora
LB:Beason,R.Lewis,London Fletcher,L.Kuechly,DJ Williams,Irving,D.Connor,EJH,B.Spikes
DB:L.Landry,R.Harper
Picks: 4.11, 6.06

jthirteentimes
Captain
Captain

Re: 2012 Off-season business

Postby jthirteentimes » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:25 am

Thanks, Merlin!

For what its worth, I agree that the draft should remain on the forum but vote for trades to be executed by Flea Flicker. Doing trades on the forum requires too many steps, and discourages trades as a result imo. Flea Flicker makes it easy and much less complicated. Just my 2 cents.

Either way, I'm looking forward to the season!

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:14 am

Actually it wouldn´t make it easyier, as you couldn´t include draft picks. And its not really many more steps, as one owners needs to post the trade, the other agrees to it and the commish approves it. So its actually just 1 step per owner. And you can send away offers per pm almost as easy as sending them out via league page, just have to wtite it down.
LB:Beason,R.Lewis,London Fletcher,L.Kuechly,DJ Williams,Irving,D.Connor,EJH,B.Spikes

jthirteentimes
Captain
Captain

Postby jthirteentimes » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:21 am

You can include draft picks using Flea Flicker. I'm commissioner of another Dynasty league on Flea Flicker and we use it for all trades. But I'll digress. This works for me.

Thanks

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:20 pm

If you can tell me how to change the draft from being a 40 round draft to a 6 round draft on the fleaflicker site and how to adjust traded future picks beyond this year with them being carried over from year to year etc..

ekassor
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ekassor » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:18 pm

I'm fine with the plan, and thanks for all the hard work Merlin!

jthirteentimes
Captain
Captain

Postby jthirteentimes » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:39 pm

BradyT wrote:If you can tell me how to change the draft from being a 40 round draft to a 6 round draft on the fleaflicker site and how to adjust traded future picks beyond this year with them being carried over from year to year etc..
The reason that it's a 40 round draft is because we have it set as a keeper league with 40 "keepers" (this setting is on the "Edit Keeper Rules" page). This is the right setting, considering that we are a dynasty league. That is why it is best to conduct the actual draft on DLF, and just edit the rosters after the draft.

As far as trading draft picks goes, Flea Flicker automatically does it and carries over the picks from year to year. If I trade you my 2013 1st round pick, Flea Flicker will automatically take it from me and give it to you. You can make trades with players, draft picks, or both. So, just by going to someone's team page and clicking "future picks" you can see which picks they have in future drafts (you can also see the trades that involved any picks they acquired!). That way you do not have to actually keep track of which picks were traded and which were not. Then, when you go to conduct the draft on DLF, you can just refer to Flea Flicker to see who has which picks (there is a page where you can see it all in one place).

In the attached picture, you can see the "future picks" page for one of my other teams. As you can see, I have acquired picks from other teams and Flea Flicker keeps track of it. However, in that league, we only have a 4 round draft. So, we just ignore the picks from rounds 5+ and do not ever include those in trades or anything else.

So, in other words, you don't need to do or change anything. Flea Flicker automates everything for you.

I hope that makes sense, but I'm happy to help out if anything is unclear.

Thanks for all your hard work.
Attachments
Screen shot 2012-03-12 at 10.32.41 PM-page-001.jpg
Future Picks page for my team in another league
Screen shot 2012-03-12 at 10.32.41 PM-page-001.jpg (108.52 KiB) Viewed 1488 times

haydn239
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby haydn239 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:29 am

sounds good to me!
Twitter @haydn239

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:44 pm

So we would basically need to ignore draft picks from rds 7th-40th and just trade rounds 1st-6th?!

keeping track of traded picks would still be something I had to do since the draft order is generated by total points(in case of teams having the same record) with fleaflicker using other tiebreakers, but that tracm keeping is something I dont mind.

We would adjust the allready traded picks on the site.

jthirteentimes
Captain
Captain

Postby jthirteentimes » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:37 pm

BradyT wrote:So we would basically need to ignore draft picks from rds 7th-40th and just trade rounds 1st-6th?!
Yes.
BradyT wrote:keeping track of traded picks would still be something I had to do since the draft order is generated by total points(in case of teams having the same record) with fleaflicker using other tiebreakers, but that tracm keeping is something I dont mind.
You can probably change the tiebreakers in the Flea Flicker settings, so that it generates the draft order accurately. Either way, Flea Flicker will keep track of all of the draft picks. You may just have to make sure they are in the right order.
BradyT wrote:We would adjust the allready traded picks on the site.
Yes you should be able to do this manually, but if not, you just need to execute them as trades.

Let me know if anything is unclear or if there's anything I can do to help.

Thanks!