The official draft board and forum for the DLF Charter League II

Moderator: ekassor

jthirteentimes
Captain
Captain

Re: Waivers During Offseason?

Postby jthirteentimes » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:27 am

Thank you, commish.

I think free agent transactions should be allowed during the offseason. It would elevate the level of competition in the league by providing people with an additional resource for improving their team. During the offseason, players' values shift dramatically, and this would allow for a much more equitable process of acquiring players throughout the offseason. The result would be more parity, better competition, and more trade activity.

My personal preference is to use the blind bid waiver format (which is supported by Flea Flicker). Each team would be assigned an offseason budget of $100 (or other amount) and each week they could bid any amount (including $0) on the players of their choice. Winning bid wins the player. However, I'm definitely open to other offseason waiver formats.

Just for the record, commish, I'm not blaming you or anyone else for my starting lineup. Rules have consequences - good and bad - and I was simply pointing out how that particular rule can impact decisions made regarding how one builds their team.

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:06 pm

I´m definately not up for that blind bidding thing. BUt all for being able to make off-season FA moves.. I´d strongly suggest just doing FCFS waivers. Its by far the easyiest solution of all availables.
12teams,42roster,ppr,IDP 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,2DL,2LB,2DB,1Flex
QB:Rodgers,Sanchez,Flynn,Johnson
RB:AD,R.Rice,L.McCoy,Richardson,Hunter,Jacquizz,TaiwanJ,Goodson
WR:Fitzgerald,Nicks,Jennings,Dez,G.Little,Burress,Jacoby,G.Tate
TE:Gates,Keller,Rudolph
K:Janikowski
DL:Allen,Umenyiora
LB:Beason,R.Lewis,London Fletcher,L.Kuechly,DJ Williams,Irving,D.Connor,EJH,B.Spikes
DB:L.Landry,R.Harper
Picks: 4.11, 6.06

haydn239
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby haydn239 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:57 pm

jthirteentimes wrote:Thank you, commish.

I think free agent transactions should be allowed during the offseason. It would elevate the level of competition in the league by providing people with an additional resource for improving their team. During the offseason, players' values shift dramatically, and this would allow for a much more equitable process of acquiring players throughout the offseason. The result would be more parity, better competition, and more trade activity.

My personal preference is to use the blind bid waiver format (which is supported by Flea Flicker). Each team would be assigned an offseason budget of $100 (or other amount) and each week they could bid any amount (including $0) on the players of their choice. Winning bid wins the player. However, I'm definitely open to other offseason waiver formats.

Just for the record, commish, I'm not blaming you or anyone else for my starting lineup. Rules have consequences - good and bad - and I was simply pointing out how that particular rule can impact decisions made regarding how one builds their team.
:thumbup: I agree

I like BBID because it has an element strategy to it and would enjoy this post draft for the whole of the offseason or at least before the season begins!

My lineup was affected by poor planning and injuries but hey...it happends! I'll take the loss go 0-2 and then win the whole thing...AGAIN LOL....good to be back! :thumbup:
Twitter @haydn239

Phish Brigade
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Phish Brigade » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:38 pm

Brice, don't sweat it bud. The rules have been in place for awhile.

If we are actually discussing the possibility of changing things, I'd be okay with that for next year. I've used blind bidding in a few leagues... although the rosters are locked the same way they are here so I don't know how that would have resolved anyone's week 1 lineup. I don't think it would make sense to try and run waivers with a blind bidding budget during the offseason.

If we used FCFS during pre-season, I'd be fine with that too. I'm officially neutral on this topic with a slight lean to changing the format to either option mentioned for next year.

If anyone has a right to be pissed off about how week 1 went down... it's me. My beef isn't with the rules, it's with the goose eggs and injuries. That big lead disappeared pretty fn quickly.
GDF3
QB- Vick, Freeman, Hasselbeck, Yates
RB- Foster, McCoy, M Bush, Ben Tate, R Jennings, Alex Green
WR- Wallace, TBMW, Colston, Boldin, Collie, Amendola, Washington Roberts, Doss
TE- Gates, Cook, Carlson, Heap, Shiancoe
K- Cundiff, Novak
DL- Abraham, J Smith, James Hall, R Quinn, Keiser
LB- Poz, DJ Will, Vilma, Wake, Rivers, Mays, Irving
DB- Polamalu, Berry, Delmas, C Woodson, M Griffin, T Thomas, Byrd

jthirteentimes
Captain
Captain

Postby jthirteentimes » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:45 pm

Phish Brigade wrote: If anyone has a right to be pissed off about how week 1 went down... it's me. My beef isn't with the rules, it's with the goose eggs and injuries. That big lead disappeared pretty fn quickly.
Yeah, how did that happen?!?! I stopped following our score because I thought you had me beat by a wide margin. Next thing I know I beat you by 25. Still not sure how it happened, but I'll take it... :D

haydn239
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby haydn239 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:11 am

haydn239 wrote:
jthirteentimes wrote:Thank you, commish.

:thumbup: I agree

I like BBID because it has an element strategy to it and would enjoy this post draft for the whole of the offseason or at least before the season begins!

My lineup was affected by poor planning and injuries but hey...it happends! I'll take the loss go 0-2 and then win the whole thing...AGAIN LOL....good to be back! :thumbup:
Swamee prediction! :thumbup:

When will waiver start by the way?
Twitter @haydn239

ekassor
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ekassor » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:08 am

Did we do preseason waivers last season, I don't remember?

I see in the thread that there was some consensus to do waivers, but the bylaws weren't changed. I'm fine with starting waivers or FCFS FA, we just need to Get a league consensus how we want to do it.

I put a poll up.

haydn239
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby haydn239 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:33 am

ekassor wrote:Did we do preseason waivers last season, I don't remember?

I see in the thread that there was some consensus to do waivers, but the bylaws weren't changed. I'm fine with starting waivers or FCFS FA, we just need to Get a league consensus how we want to do it.

I put a poll up.
I've been waiting for Adrian Clayborn to be put on IR for a LONG time, LOL. MFL has him on IR and ROTO has him listed as being placed on IR. Anyway you can put him on IR for me manually?

Twitter @haydn239