Inaugural Draft

The official draft board and forum for the DLF Charter League II

Moderator: ekassor

brice587
Charter Member
Charter Member

Inaugural Draft

Postby brice587 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:22 pm

The inaugural will actually be 3 different drafts. My advisory committee talked me out of one single 40 round draft.

The first two drafts will be a 16 round offensive draft and a 16 round IDP draft which will occur simultaneously.

If anyone is unsure, kickers are considered offensive players for these purposes.

After the completion of both 16 round drafts there will be a final 8 round draft in which all positions, offense and IDP, will be eligible. This will allow each owner to round out the end of their roster as they see fit in terms of offenseive and defensive depth and prospects.

The start of these drafts will be announced later once all owners have been notified and have checked in.
Last edited by brice587 on Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brice587
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby brice587 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:22 pm

The fleaflicker site will be used to randomize the order of the 16 round offensive draft. The concurrent 16 round defensive draft will follow the reverse of this order. The later 8 round completion draft will be a separate random order from the other two drafts.

brice587
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby brice587 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:54 pm

I don't think I mentioned before that the draft order will snake (1-12, 12-1, 1-12, etc.) each round during the inaugural draft.

brice587
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby brice587 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:54 pm

The draft can begin whenever anyone wants to start drafting.

The clock will begin at Noon central time on Saturday June 19, a.k.a. this coming Satuday. Both the offensive and defensive drafts will run simultaneously.

Remember, any pick can be traded at any time, even when it is on the clock, but there is only one 12 hours time period for each pick.

Please don't wait until you are on the clock to start talking about a deal, and please don't wait out the clock to see if anyone will make an offer. Please, either get a deal done or make your pick. I don't see this being an issue at all, I just wanted to mention it.

During week days I am able to check in sporadically. I never know from one day to the next how much I will be on, but I can usually check in frequently since most of my job involves sitting at a computer. I am generally online most of the weekend as well.

Also, note the noon central start time above. I will be updating the rules to state that any time given is central time. Just so we're all clear on that.

Any questions or issues, just let me know.

Salty Dawg
Starter
Starter

Postby Salty Dawg » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:07 pm

brice587 wrote:The draft can begin whenever anyone wants to start drafting.

The clock will begin at Noon central time on Saturday June 19, a.k.a. this coming Satuday. Both the offensive and defensive drafts will run simultaneously.

Remember, any pick can be traded at any time, even when it is on the clock, but there is only one 12 hours time period for each pick.

Please don't wait until you are on the clock to start talking about a deal, and please don't wait out the clock to see if anyone will make an offer. Please, either get a deal done or make your pick. I don't see this being an issue at all, I just wanted to mention it.

During week days I am able to check in sporadically. I never know from one day to the next how much I will be on, but I can usually check in frequently since most of my job involves sitting at a computer. I am generally online most of the weekend as well.

Also, note the noon central start time above. I will be updating the rules to state that any time given is central time. Just so we're all clear on that.

Any questions or issues, just let me know.
Crank her up..Whoever that might be :arrow:

Wolfjack
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby Wolfjack » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:10 pm

Salty Dawg wrote:
brice587 wrote:The draft can begin whenever anyone wants to start drafting.
Crank her up..Whoever that might be :arrow:
Let's get it on! :twisted:
Lee Deline

2006 United Dynasty League Inaugural Champion
GM of Waterloo Wolves - Member of the United Dynasty League
GM of Waterloo Bandits - Commissioner of the Premier Dynasty League
GM of Waterloo Reapers - Member of the DLF Charter League
GM of Waterloo Storm - Member of the DLF Charter League II

brice587
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Inaugural Draft

Postby brice587 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:02 pm

The completion draft will not begin until both the O and D drafts are complete. Once both of them are done I will unlock the completion draft threads and announce that it can begin.