Politics, religion, etc.

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Politics, religion, etc.

Postby dlf_jules » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:54 am

Have at it.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Politics, religion, etc.

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:15 pm

discussions on these subjects are rather pointless to be honest. if you believe in something of which there is no proof it exists, or you don't believe in something that is scientifically proven, then whatever someone says to you on an internet message board isn't likely to change your opinion. and politics is plain stupid, i wonder if people realize what kind of scum you have to be to want to subject yourself to the process of getting elected, no normal, rational, reasonable human would put themselves through that.

DonBrazi
MVP
MVP

Postby DonBrazi » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:37 am

Where's Dangle when you need him?
IRL 12Team 28man 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1Superflex: PPR w/ small TE-Premium
Dak, Murray, Wentz, Darnold, Fitzpatrick
CEH, Gibson, Sanders, Javonte, Moss, Nwangwu
ARob, Sutton, ODB, Parker, Ruggs, Miller, Boykin
Waller, Hockenson, Pitts, OJH, Trautman, Gesicki, Everett
2022 1st (2), 2nd, 3rd, 4th

War Room 12Team 28man: 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 4Flex, 1Superflex: .5/1/1.5 Tiered-PPR, 1-Round Devy league
Dak, Murray, LJax, *Rattler
Etienne, AJD, Hubbard, Stevenson, Hawkins, *Spiller
Sutton, ODB, Jeudy, Reagor, Shenault, Rodgers, Kirk, Boykin, *G.Wilson
Hockenson, Jonnu, Firkser, Asiasi
2022 1st (2), 2nd, 3rd, *Devy 4th (2)

austing
Role Player
Role Player

Postby austing » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:33 pm

here's one.
Attachments
00T0T_77omI2Behjl_600x450.jpg
00T0T_77omI2Behjl_600x450.jpg (94.78 KiB) Viewed 6620 times
12 team/37 year contract cap ppr league/ Player (yrs left on team) --- Qb Rb Flex Flex Flex Flex (max 3 rbs, no req. TEs)

QB Josh Allen (1)

RB Nick Chubb (1) Miles Sanders (4) Chase Edmunds (1)

WR Kenny Golladay (2) Jerry Jeudy (4) Courtland Sutton (3) Allen Robinson (3) Marvin Jones (2) Nelson Agholor (1) Nkeal Harry (3)

K Josh Brown (1)

Dst Bears (1)

2021 1.04 Pick (waddle/pitts/williams)

CrimsonKodiak
Starter
Starter

Postby CrimsonKodiak » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:53 pm

The thing that amazes me the most about this forum. Politics and religion and all taboo topics that are heavily HEAVILY debated across cultures have no discussions amongst fantasy football enthusiast.

You mention drafting a Rookie WR or RB in the first round and there will be cut throat arguing to the point of IQ validation to substantiate your position. But who is the most powerful man in the free world??? .... nothing.

Its like; we don't care about your nationality, race, religion, creed, culture as long as you don't have a differing view about the player evaulations that I have.

come to think of it, is it such a bad thing?
DLF Premium league (QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, W/R/T, W/R/T) PPR
QB - Brady, Carr, Hoyer, Lynch
RB - CJA, Miller, Langford, Henry, Vereen, J. Allen, McCluster, Darkwa
WR - Sanders, Woods, Funchess, Jo Brown, Hogan, Ph. Cooper, Heyward-Bey, Wright, Marquess Wilson, Hunter, Goodwin, Fuller
TE - Gronkowski, Ebron, Chandler, Boyle

2017 1,2,3

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Mon May 18, 2015 12:06 pm

CrimsonKodiak wrote:The thing that amazes me the most about this forum. Politics and religion and all taboo topics that are heavily HEAVILY debated across cultures have no discussions amongst fantasy football enthusiast.

You mention drafting a Rookie WR or RB in the first round and there will be cut throat arguing to the point of IQ validation to substantiate your position. But who is the most powerful man in the free world??? .... nothing.

Its like; we don't care about your nationality, race, religion, creed, culture as long as you don't have a differing view about the player evaulations that I have.

I think many of us have strong opinions about such things, but for the most part we're pretty good about setting that to the side on these boards. I did (once upon a time) have a pretty intense discussion about Pascal's Wager in the main forum. But it stayed civil.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:16 pm

dlf_jules wrote:
CrimsonKodiak wrote:The thing that amazes me the most about this forum. Politics and religion and all taboo topics that are heavily HEAVILY debated across cultures have no discussions amongst fantasy football enthusiast.

I think many of us have strong opinions about such things, but for the most part we're pretty good about setting that to the side on these boards. I did (once upon a time) have a pretty intense discussion about Pascal's Wager in the main forum. But it stayed civil.
I actually really want to see this.

Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend

Re: Jordy Nelson injured

Postby Water Buffalo » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:29 pm

Injury Prone wrote:MRI is crucial if physical exam is equivocal. But if they are announcing an ACL based on exam alone... That's definitive. MRI is just to confirm...

If you're happy because you own Adams or Cobb, you are the reason football players hate FF. lame.
Unfortunately (or fortunately) for football players, our happiness or unhappiness at NFL injuries has exactly the same power and effect as prayer and other such nonsense: None at all.

Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend

Postby Water Buffalo » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:38 pm

The GM wrote: It is simple. You take no position against bigotry, but you do take a position on someone calling some on it:
Challenging a belief without attacking an individual or group of individuals is not bigotry. The very definition of bigotry is an intolerance of people who are different or hold different beliefs from yourself. Was Aristotle a bigot for challenging the wide held belief that the Earth was flat?

Challenging beliefs is exactly what happens around here with thousands of posts every single day. People are encouraged and welcomed to challenge each other's belief that, for example, Jordy Nelson will continue to be a fantasy asset or vice versa down the road. We understand that we might have dissenting opinions, and for the most part we remain civic and kind towards one another despite those differing viewpoints. While beliefs in other categories might indeed be off-topic here, why are they off-limits in our society? I ask that in the rhetorical sense of course.

Sorry, I know I said I'd stop on the previous page but The GM is clearly a bit confused on the matter and is pretty persistent with the name calling and labeling which makes one feel the need to defend themselves.

doktor
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby doktor » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:47 pm

hailtoyourvictor
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby hailtoyourvictor » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:52 pm

WaterBuffalo takes a shot at religion and those who believe in prayer, in a thread that had nothing (and should have nothing) to do with religion, and then plays coy when called out on it.

:thumbdown:

Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend

Postby Water Buffalo » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:56 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:and those who believe in prayer
Wrong. That I did not do.

doktor
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby doktor » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:03 pm

Water Buffalo wrote:
Let's be real here. By insulting/dismissing the action, you did the same to those who believe in it. If I were new to the forums; and came in with a post about how ridiculous and idiotic fantasy football was; you would take offense. And rightfully so.

I don't take part in these types of internet discussions or debates as they invariably devolve into BS (and on this I am "one and done" here)... but you were called out, and now you're side-stepping. You've probably lost respect of a portion. At least own your sh** so you don't lose respect from everyone.

Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend

Postby Water Buffalo » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:14 pm

doktor wrote:
Water Buffalo wrote:
I don't take part in these types of internet discussions or debates as they invariably devolve into BS (and on this I am "one and done" here)... but you were called out, and now you're side-stepping. You've probably lost respect of a portion. At least own your sh** so you don't lose respect from everyone.
Again, I ask you the same question I posed earlier: When Aristotle challenged the notion that the Earth was flat, was he also insulting and dismissing those that believed that the Earth really was flat, or was he just challenging the belief itself?

If there was a widely held belief around here that Jordy was going to be a WR1 for 2016 and 2017 even after his injury and you challenged that idea and said it was nonsense and you instead thought that his career was done, would you be insulting those of us who might believe that he will indeed be that WR1 still?
doktor wrote:Let's be real here. By insulting/dismissing the action, you did the same to those who believe in it. If I were new to the forums; and came in with a post about how ridiculous and idiotic fantasy football was; you would take offense. And rightfully so.
Wrong. I take offense when people attack me directly. I do not take offense when people attack beliefs that I might happen to have. That's narcissism of the highest degree. There are plenty of people who think fantasy football is ridiculous and idiotic. Why would I let their misguided view impact my enjoyment of the hobby?
Last edited by Water Buffalo on Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

doktor
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby doktor » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:16 pm

Water Buffalo wrote:
doktor wrote:Let's be real here. By insulting/dismissing the action, you did the same to those who believe in it. If I were new to the forums; and came in with a post about how ridiculous and idiotic fantasy football was; you would take offense. And rightfully so.

Again, I ask you the same question I posed earlier: When Aristotle challenged the notion that the Earth was flat, was he also insulting and dismissing those that believed that the Earth really was flat, or was he just challenging the belief itself?

If there was a widely held belief around here that Jordy was going to be a WR1 for 2016 and 2017 even after his injury and you challenged that idea and said it was nonsense and you instead thought that his career was done, would you be insulting those of us who might believe that he will indeed be that WR1 still?
I told you I was one and done here. This discussion has absolutely zero merit in a FF forum. If you wish to discuss the merits of religion, and Aristotle, and the Earth's composition, and Jordy Nelson's future, then PM me.