Unique Fantasy Basketball League Needs to 2 New Members

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
luckylinkun
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Unique Fantasy Basketball League Needs to 2 New Members

Postby luckylinkun » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:04 pm

Hello, my name is Lincoln, and I run a fantasy basketball league with a very unique set of rules that I think people at DLF can appreciate. We're a salary keeper league and we keep 5 players every season - 2 Guards, 2 Forwards, 1 Center. We also start one player of each position plus one utility spot. We also have a 6 player bench. The scoring is pretty standard. However, the thing that makes the league unique is that to help us meet the salary cap, we have 5 Salary Cap Exceptions: the Mortgage Exception, the One-Year Exception, the Larry Bird Exception, the Retool Exception, and the Injury Exception.

Each of these Exceptions comes with a Benefit and a Drawback, that you can take advantage of to build a long-lasting basketball dynasty. Essentially, there's a lot of strategy involved, and it will all be explained to you on the league's homepage. Of course, if you have questions you are free to ask me. I started the league last season, and for the most part, it's been a huge success. 10 out of 12 of our league members loved the concept. I've been told that my system is both challenging and creative. In fact, it was my members who encouraged me to renew the league this early (our draft is actually in mid-October; 5 of our members emailed me requesting an early renewal). Only 2 members found it overly complicated and elected not to return. They were cool about it and told me ahead of time. And so I need to find replacements for these two teams.

Here are the rosters for each team

Team 1:
Kevin Love
Chris Paul
Paul George
Chandler Parsons
Jrue Holiday
Rajon Rondo
Derrick Favors
Darren Collison
(blank)
(blank)
(blank)
(blank)
This team finished 11th out of 12 and will have the 2nd pick in the draft. You're probably wondering how a team like this finished second to last. Well, basically, this guy failed to follow the rule that you must roster at least 10 players at all times, and despite half a dozen warnings, he never really complied (which was also why he was able to roster all these players - because his deflated his cap space by signing less than the minimum number of players) and his team was frozen for the second half of the season. This is probably the jackpot team that everyone wants. It's full of stars, but the problem is a lot of those guys were given new contracts over the offseason so if you pick them as your keepers, you might not have enough cap space to fill out the rest of your roster. Also, this team used its "Mortgage Exception" last season which means you'll only have $55 million in total cap space (as opposed to $60M for everyone else) this season - that's an average of $5.5 million per player if you meet the 10 player requirement. Also, remember that you only get 5 keepers (one of each position - 2 Guards, 2 Forwards, and 1 Center) Regardless, it's still a great starter team, and it's yours if you want it on a first come first serve basis.

Team 2:
Carmelo Anthony
Kawhi Leonard
Tony Parker
Kelly Olynyk
Nerlens Noel
Nate Robinson
Tiago Splitter
Patty Mills
Avery Bradley
Anthony Bennet
Andrew Nicholson
Shane Battier
This team finished 10th out of 12 and will have the 3rd pick in the draft. This member pretty much quit about a week after the draft. Luckily for you, he still managed to snag 2 superstars in Carmelo Anthony and Tony Parker, one low cost/elite value player in Kawhi Leonard, and several low cost solid value players in Kelly Olynk, Nerlens Noel, Tiago Splitter, patty Mills, Avery Bardley and Anthony Bennet. Since you you have 5 keepers (2 Guards, 2 Forwards, and 1 Center) and this is a salary cap league, it's actually not a bad starter team either. It's not as mindblowing as Team 1, but if you're looking for a challenge making the most of what you're given, it's entirely possible to build a contender with this foundation. Also, because this team did not use its "Mortgage Exception," you'll start the season with $60 million in cap space. Anyways, this team is also on a first come first serve basis.

To Join:
If you want to take over one of these teams, then just post your Name, your email address, which team you want, and any comments or questions you might have. And I will send an invite to the first two to sign up. If these two teams are already taken but you're still interested in my league, feel free to leave you name and email and if any other teams become available, I'll email you to let you know and post it on here (so check back). That's it. Oh, and draft is October 18th - I will be soliciting names and emails until about a week before taht. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

boomojo
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: Unique Fantasy Basketball League Needs to 2 New Members

Postby boomojo » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:55 am

Interested in the first team if still available.