I am new, and am just curious but...

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
CMCMCM
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

I am new, and am just curious but...

Postby CMCMCM » Tue May 27, 2014 3:45 pm

xxxxxxx
Last edited by CMCMCM on Thu May 28, 2015 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

joekool
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: I am new, and am just curious but...

Postby joekool » Wed May 28, 2014 3:31 pm

xxx delete xxx
Last edited by joekool on Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Niceguy
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Niceguy » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:59 pm

Caena wrote:Where are ya from? How old are you? Male or female? What do you look like?

I am 31, in Edinburgh, Scotland, female.
My avatar is me.
Don't think I've ever met a girl who looks like you who was into dynasty football, and much less from Scotland. Very cool.
8 Team PPR: Start 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 K, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP Flex
Initial season 2011 - Champs 2011|2013|2019|2021 - Runner up 2020|2022
QB: Lamar, Dak, Herbert, Jordan Love, Bryce Young
RB: Chubb, Swift, Mixon, Montgomery, Pacheco, Brian Robinson, Rachaad White, Tyjae, Miles Sanders, Deuce Vaughn,
WR: Ja'Marr Chase, AJ Brown, Pittman, Kupp, Deebo, DJ Moore, Christian Watson, Godwin, QJ, Rashee Rice
TE: Kelce, Taysom
K:
EDR/IL: TJW, Parsons
LB: Zaire, K Murray, Okereke, Quay, Lloyd, Hicks
DB: Whitehead,

10 Team PPR league: Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR, 1 Superflex, 1 D/ST
Initial Season: 2013 - Champs 2014|2016 - Runner up 2022
QB: Dak, Anthony Richardson, Geno Smith, Trey Lance
RB: Achane, Brian Robinson, Chuba, James Conner, Pierce, Akers
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Pittman, DK Metcalf, Nacua, Godwin, JuJu, Kyle Philips, Tillman
TE: Kittle, McBride, Michael Mayer, Musgrave, Ertz
D/ST: Green Bay

CMCMCM
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby CMCMCM » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:25 pm

xxxxxx

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:10 pm

Middle-aged US guy here, welcome! I was wondering how much NFL action you're able to see, and how do you usually watch? I haven't made it to Scotland (yet) but when I've been in Europe during the football season I had to search for a pub with an NFL package. That was easier in some cities than others.

I also found myself staying up late into the night/early morning, as the 10:00am Sunday games in the US generally started around 7-8pm with the time difference. On the plus side, I didn't have to feel at all guilty about the number of drinks I was having - since it wasn't 10:00am :thumbup:
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

CMCMCM
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby CMCMCM » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:01 pm

xxxxxx

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:17 pm

Thank you for the insights about how you came to be an NFL fan Caena. Should have figured there are all sorts of ways online to enjoy the games that didn't exist even a few years ago. Since there aren't many people locally as passionate about the game as yourself, this forum is a pretty good place for discussion, debate, and opinions.

Having at least some experience with Europe and the NFL, I think it's funny the league seems so inclined to want to add an expansion team in London. Personally I think that would be a disaster with travel and scheduling. As you mention, most people don't know or care much about the NFL. But if it figures to turn a profit they'll likely go for it eventually!
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

CMCMCM
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby CMCMCM » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:19 am

xxxxxxx

junk_monkey
Role Player
Role Player

Postby junk_monkey » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:26 am

I'm a bloke, 37, from the south of the UK. Been into the NFL since I was about 11 or 12, when it first made it's way onto TV over here. The first Superbowl I saw (videoed and watched the next day) was 49ers/Bengals, and I've not missed one since.

I picked out a few teams when I started watching that I liked and eventually settled on the Packers as my team. Been pretty pleased with how that turned out, seeing as they were terrible when I first started watching. Couldn't tell you what it was that drew me into them - perhaps the underdog status?

Been playing redraft fantasy for about 4 years and we're about a month away from our auction for our dynasty start-up now. The leagues (redraft and dynasty) are primarily UK fans, though some are Brits abroad.

Watching the game over here is pretty easy. Three games on a Sunday night at 6pm, 9:30pm and 1am (I don't stay up for that one), plus the late night Thursday and Monday games. In addition, I subscribe to NFL Gamepass (is that even available in the States?). It costs about $200 a year (I guess - I think it's £119) and lets me watch any game live that's not being broadcast on TV over here, plus gives me a 30 minute cut down version of all games available the next day (that's how I catch up with the late games). You can also re-watch any game from the last few seasons on there, and view coaches film etc, and it gives you NFL network, which was handy for the draft.

I've been to the Wembley game the last 4 years (just one of them last season - Vikings/Steelers), and will be heading to the Falcons/Lions game this year. Nice that it starts early as it means I should be able to get home in time for, at the very least, the 9:30 game, if not the end of the 6pm game. Be nice if the Packers could come over sometime (though they obviously won't do as the home team) - there are always loads of Packers shirts being worn there - they seem to be one of the best supported teams over here.

As for a London team - I think there'd be enough support for it to fill out the stadium for 8 regular season games, but I don't understand how the logistics would work with all that travelling, which would be to the detriment of the team based over here - having to make 8 trips across to America for regular season games would be a lot harder than for each team that would travel over to play one game in the UK. Footballers ('soccer' players) are used to travelling a bit for Champions League games, but most countries are only 2-3 hours time difference max so it tends not to be too bad. When you're talking 5-8 hours difference, depending on where in America the game is, that's a hell of a lot harder to manage.
The DynaBowl Fantasy Football League (Commissioner) est 2014
10 team non-PPR, $600 salary cap, full IDP (big play), 50 Roster spots, 10 Taxi
QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE (2 offensive flex), K, PN, 1-2 DT, 2 DE, 3-4 LB, 2 CB, 2 S (1 defensive flex)
Team: Dynablaster Bombermen
Roster - Too big to post(!)
2019 - Champions; 2016 - 3rd

The ChatterBowl Redraft Fantasy Football League - est 2012 - 16 team, non-PPR
2014, 2015 - Champions, 2012 - 3rd, 2017 - 4th

CMCMCM
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby CMCMCM » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:59 am

CMCMCM
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby CMCMCM » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:00 am

xxxxxx
Last edited by CMCMCM on Thu May 28, 2015 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

junk_monkey
Role Player
Role Player

Postby junk_monkey » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:30 am

Caena wrote:sorry junk_monkey...

;)
S'alright. I'm not especially fussed. The World Cup has been enjoyable thus far and I'd rather watch enjoyable football than the brand we tend to play.
The DynaBowl Fantasy Football League (Commissioner) est 2014
10 team non-PPR, $600 salary cap, full IDP (big play), 50 Roster spots, 10 Taxi
QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE (2 offensive flex), K, PN, 1-2 DT, 2 DE, 3-4 LB, 2 CB, 2 S (1 defensive flex)
Team: Dynablaster Bombermen
Roster - Too big to post(!)
2019 - Champions; 2016 - 3rd

The ChatterBowl Redraft Fantasy Football League - est 2012 - 16 team, non-PPR
2014, 2015 - Champions, 2012 - 3rd, 2017 - 4th

yo gabba gabbert
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby yo gabba gabbert » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:57 pm

you guys are pathetic. this thread has more catfish than a manti t'eo river float
24 team non ppr
QB - fitzpatrick, gabbert
RB - lamar miller, BJGE, SJAX, Gaffney, RIP David Wilson
WR - floyd (malcom, not micheal), cruz, tedd ginn jr, jacoby jones
TE - cook

joekool
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby joekool » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:08 am

yo gabba gabbert wrote:you guys are pathetic. this thread has more catfish than a manti t'eo river float
says the guy who has two accounts and routinely argues with himself to drum up more hits to his manziel thread

CMCMCM
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby CMCMCM » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:53 am

xxxxxxx
Last edited by CMCMCM on Thu May 28, 2015 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.