2014 NCAA March Madness Player Pool

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

2014 NCAA March Madness Player Pool

Postby MARKinMI » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:03 pm

For those of you who enjoy college hoops and March Madness, I run a very fun pool and wanted to bring it here to see if anyone would be interested. It's not a bracket pool, its way more fun than that. You basically choose 20 players that fit certain seed criteria listed below. It makes the tourney a lot of fun and the money is held by Leaguesafe. Entry is $20 and payouts will be determined by number of participants. My friends and I have been doing this pool for over a decade but have decided we'd like to grow it a little. we normally have 15 or so people participate but we'd like to make that 20-30 people. If you have any interest, read the rules and DM me your name and email and I'll add you to my E-mailing list.

Here are the rules.

2013 NCAA Basketball Player Pool

Rules: Each participant must adhere to the following rules:

1 You must select 20 players from the tournament field.

2 A maximum of 3 players may be selected from the #1 seeds.

3 A maximum of 6 players may be selected from the #2-4 seeds.

4 A minimum of 5 players must be selected from the #5-7 seeds.

5 A minimum of 3 players must be selected from the #8-10 seeds.

6 A minimum of 2 players must be selected from the #11-13 seeds.

7 A minimum of 1 player must be selected from the #14-16 seeds.

8 Players from the teams in the early round games will not be counted,until play begins on Thursday.
9 The total number of points that your roster accumulates throughout the entire tournament will determine the winners.
10 Tie breakers are as follows:
1. Pick the National Champion.
2. Pick the total points of the National Championship Game.
3. Pick the actual score of the National Championship Game.
1 Payouts are determined by the number of entries.
2 Your sheet must have your name and phone number on it or it will not count.
3 Pick up a USA Today on the Monday following the Sunday selection shows. This is the easiest way to fill out your sheet. Every player and their stats are in this paper.
4 Entry fee is $20, and GOOD LUCK!!!

The only thing scored is points, the person who's 20 players score the most points over the course of the tournament wins. There will be periodic updates during the tourney, probably after each weekend is over.

I'm looking for a head count of who will be participating. You are more than welcome to invite others to join. We're looking to grow this to 20-30 people participating. If you are interested please send me your email or other's email if its a friend to add to my list. I will be setting up the leaguesafe account with the owners (participants) as i get them. You can pay at anytime once you get your leaguesafe invite. The deadline for payment ($20) is at tip off thursday of the first slate of games. If you pay your $20 and dont submit a sheet you will be reimbursed your full $20. We'd like to get people in and paid asap so we have an idea of how many participants we will have. This is a very labor intensive pool to run so the earlier we get things going the better for those that are running it.

This entire pool is done by hand via spreadsheet so theres no site fees or secondary fees. 100% of the pot will be paid out to winners. The number of places paid out will be determined by number of sheets we get.