question for those that still visit dlf

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
??Droppedballs??
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

question for those that still visit dlf

Postby ??Droppedballs?? » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:55 pm

got my foes list up to like 8 people now and whenever the thread is over 2 or 3 pages, it is pretty blank becuase it just shows you have them blocked. i find myself increasingly frustrated like many here and am on the verge of blackballing? does it bother anyone else who still visits the site

dxw100
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: question for those that still visit dlf

Postby dxw100 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:26 pm

I just found the Foes list so I can read some of the threads without pulling out my hair. But the first couple pages of each thread are generally useful. I've stopped even checking threads that are more than 3 or 4 pages long because they typically are just a prolonged argument.

But I guess that's what happens when there isn't much to discuss in the offseason.
12 Team, Roster-40 TS-4 IR-2, PPR( 1/TE, 0.5/WR, 0/RB), IDP balanced scoring
QB(1): Cam, R. Wilson, Winston
RB(1-2): Charles, Gordon, McKInnon, L.Murray, K. Davis, C. West
WR(1-4): Calvin, O. Beckham, D. Hopkins, T. Austin, Abbrederis, R. Streater, Conley, Bell
TE(0-2): Gronk, Kelce, Escobar, Gilmore
K(1):
DL(2-3): Watt, Campbell, Atkins, Melton, Hunt
LB(2-3): Burfict, Pozlunszy, Greenway, Rey, Shazier, T. Smith, Riley
DB(2-3): Ward, Berry, McDonald, Verner, Jennings

12 Team, Roster-24 IR-3, PPR( 1.5/TE, 1/WR, 0.5/RB), Superflex
QB (1-2): Luck, Cam, Teddy, JFF
RB (2-4): AP, Hill, Gio, Gurley, Ellington, Duke, CMike
WR (2-5): Cobb, Alshon, Landry, ARob, Larry Fitz, D. Adams, C. Johnson, Perriman, Parker
TE (1-4): Jimmy, Kelce, Allen

dlf_ericd
Administrator

Postby dlf_ericd » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:19 pm

I'd suggest taking people off the 'foes' list & just ignoring them if you find that they're driving you crazy. Ultimately, we should be able to have thick enough skin to take any criticism from the forum or the maturity to ignore those that get under our skin.

If you feel that someone's behavior is inappropriate or they resort to namecalling, please let one of the admins (blue colored font) know & we'll address the issues. Long term, we value our forum too much to ignore inappropriate conduct & allow for internet bullies. We also think too highly of our forum members to have the blocking feature be their best defense. If there are issues to address, please bring it to our attention.
On twitter? Hit me up @DLFootball

??Droppedballs??
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ??Droppedballs?? » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:23 am

dlf_ericd wrote:I'd suggest taking people off the 'foes' list & just ignoring them if you find that they're driving you crazy. Ultimately, we should be able to have thick enough skin to take any criticism from the forum or the maturity to ignore those that get under our skin.
If you feel that someone's behavior is inappropriate or they resort to namecalling, please let one of the admins (blue colored font) know & we'll address the issues. Long term, we value our forum too much to ignore inappropriate conduct & allow for internet bullies. We also think too highly of our forum members to have the blocking feature be their best defense. If there are issues to address, please bring it to our attention.
not talking about anyone critizing me, doesnt bother. i am talking about the few that repeatably take over thread to argue amongst themselves for 3-7 pages. not discussing anything, not bringing anything to the table, not even helping the op, but instead derailing anyone who visits from answering the op question or from anyone whom wishes to discuss what the op has expressed he wishes to talk about. kinda hard to chime in between 3 pages of bs

you can say one thing but words are words, actions are actions. dont get me wrong, i loved when i found the site, thinks have change since then and not for the better. i am talking about the forums here. many of the people that visit dlf, use on a regular basis. im just wishing you guys could address this, as im not alone

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:29 am

I know exactly what Droppedballs is talking about, and agree that I've seen a lot of the same kind of behavior on the boards. Trouble is, short of banning, or blocking repeat offenders (if that's even possible?) I'm not sure what you can do. And I would understand if that's not a road the DLF team wants to go down when trying to grow a site/business, even while trying to maintain quality and integrity.

It would be nice to think we live in a place and time when people can have a respectful discussion about topics that interest them. Unfortunately, we don't. Just like in the real world, we're going to come across people here we wouldn't choose to spend 5-minutes with. But at least it leads to a variety of opinions. I suppose that's the trade-off?

I know about the foe's list, but choose not to use it. I just try not to let myself get baited, and if there's a long post with a lot of "you must be retarded if you believe that" stuff included and I have an opinion I want to share, I just refer back to the OP, then let have my say. Not ideal, but it's the best way I've found to maintain sanity.

If the DLF crew wants an example of what I think Droppedballs is talking about (not to hijack this or make assumptions on your behalf). Take a look at the "Ryan Mallett: is there a pulse" thread in Dynasty Discussion. I think that example is a good one of what most people don't want DLF to become. I've only been here less than a year though, so I'm still in my rookie season!

Good luck, try to enjoy the site anyway, and whatever the DLF crew can continue doing to make this the best and most respectful dynasty discussion site on the planet is appreciated.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

dlf_ericd
Administrator

Postby dlf_ericd » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:38 pm

Appreciate the comments guys. Believe me, I can definitely understand what you're both talking about...it's frustrating when the discussion gets off course, disrespectful, or attacking in nature. There's always been that component (probably on every forum in the world, no matter the topic), but the growth over the last year may have magnified that with the sheer number of members there are now.

We'll continue to do our best to keep the forum clear of that kind of behavior. Please feel free to shoot us a message when you see repeat offenders and we'll deal with it. I'll check out the Ryan Mallett thread that you mentioned as well.

Our goal (then and now) for the forum is to have a place for every dynasty owner to call home, where good conversations, debates, and arguments happen on a daily basis. As we grown, there will be learning opportunities, but we absolutely believe we have the best members on the planet. We'll work hard to keep it that way.
On twitter? Hit me up @DLFootball

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:08 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote:If the DLF crew wants an example of what I think Droppedballs is talking about (not to hijack this or make assumptions on your behalf). Take a look at the "Ryan Mallett: is there a pulse" thread in Dynasty Discussion. I think that example is a good one of what most people don't want DLF to become. I've only been here less than a year though, so I'm still in my rookie season!
Well, I actually did do some editing that Ryan Mallett thread as it was progressing and numerous inappropriate comments were removed from it... or it would look even worse than it actually does. I did issue a warning to a user from the conduct in that thread as well. I agree that there are a select few people on this forum that need to grow up and put their big boy pants on. I'm not sure that the respectful majority should really have to be subjected to a few select members that don't understand social norms.

If someone is inappropriate, please report it.

TryingToWin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby TryingToWin » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:33 am

I agree with droppedballs...

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:39 am

Haven't done the foes list or anything. When I see a thread that is up over 3 or 4 pages after a day, I don't even bother looking at it since I assume it's just some lame argument. Also, I'm not one to stick around and argue - I'll make my point and let the flamers flame if they must - but usually I'm dazzling them with brilliance!

-oo-

melish1631
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby melish1631 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:58 am

I don't use he Foes list....a lot of my competitors have become less active it seems! It does make it tough when you're in DLF leagues and you need advice :nono:
DLF IDP Invitational (Commish)
IDP Smallville
IDP Big Play

??Droppedballs??
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ??Droppedballs?? » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:10 pm

meineymoe wrote:Haven't done the foes list or anything. When I see a thread that is up over 3 or 4 pages after a day, I don't even bother looking at it since I assume it's just some lame argument. Also, I'm not one to stick around and argue - I'll make my point and let the flamers flame if they must - but usually I'm dazzling them with brilliance!

-oo-
is that like being a genuis in a room full of tards, to them ur the tard :think:

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:51 am

Yikes, I wonder how many foes lists I have been placed on! lol

I may get into a back and forth from time to time, but I always make sure I answer the OP and try to give as much help/advice as possible. I think something we all should realize is that we are all passionate about fantasy football and one of the things that makes this hobby so great is the differing of opinions (ie AJG vs. Julio).

My biggest problem is jumping into a thread after its been 3-4 pages of back and forth and taking a position and then I become the poster boy for whatever position I take (even though I am not too wildly on one side or the other).

I do agree with Eric though...that we all need to have some thick skin. I may disagree tremendously with someones position but at the end of the day its a game, and while the goal is to win we should all be having fun along the way.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – πŸ†
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – πŸ₯ˆ

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – πŸ†
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – πŸ₯ˆ

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

jlasaf2007
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jlasaf2007 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:47 pm

Interesting topic. I'd like to read the thread, but all I see is "This person is on your block list..."

j/k

It seems to me like a lot of the time the fight isn't over opinions, but opinions based on bad "facts" or flawed logic. Person A will say "Since 2 + 2 = 7, the color blue is better than the color red." Person B might say "Well, I think red is better than blue, and I don't care what 2 + 2 equals." Person C chimes in "Blue is obviously better than red, and if you didn't know that it was because 2 + 2 = 7, then you're an idiot." 2 + 2 = 7 has become an accepted fact. Person D comes in and tries to say "Hey guys, 2 + 2 = 4, and I prefer yellow, regardless of what 2 + 2 equals." "Screw that guy that likes yellow - he's a jerk!" says A, B, and C. Person E tries to be the voice of reason and says "Well, 2 + 2 can equal whatever you want it to equal...it's just your opinion." Now Person D is ticked, because they have to explain that 2 + 2 ALWAYS = 4, it's not opinion, and it has absolutely nothing to do with what the best color is.

I don't know what a "fix" for this issue is, but at least from what I've seen, a lot of times the problem originates with people not actually check facts or data when they post something. Maybe DLF could have a statistics section, or at least links to one, that people could use as a reference? I always end up going to one of my MFL pages to look up stats, and it does take some time. I think many people are too lazy to do that, so they just end up guessing at the truth. Maybe if there was a common location that people could reference when they make posts about what 2 + 2 equals there wouldn't be so much bickering about if it is 7, 4, or just a matter of personal opinion.

Just a thought...
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. -Albert Einstein

"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." -Matthew 10:16