Sundays

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
Captainzach1
Starter
Starter

Sundays

Postby Captainzach1 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:27 pm

How do you spend your Sundays during football season? I usually go our commish's house with one other guy from our league and watch the Sunday ticket, or I spend it at home in my own man cave downstairs. This year I'll be joined by my soon to be one year old son so I'm pretty excited about that. Oh and I've always got the laptop and cell phone open with live scoring, always.
12 team dynasty ppr salary
1 Qb, 2 RB, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 flex, 3 dl, 3 lb, 3 DB
qb- Andrew Luck
rb- Foster, McCoy, Tate, Ryan Mathews, Bryce Brown, Jstew
wr-Roddy, Steve Johnson, TY Hilton, Doug Baldwin, Josh Gordon, Brazil, Devier Posey, Benjamin, Jon Baldwin, Joe Morgan
te- Greg Olsen, Chandler
Dl- Morgan, JPP,Jordan, McClellin, Groves
lb- DJ smith,Burfict, Weatherspoon, Bishop, Kendricks, Carter
db- Brown, McClain, Jenkins
1.05, 1.09, 3.07, 5.08

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Sundays

Postby tstafford » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:51 pm

What a great post! Makes me long for the summer to be over and have it be football time again.

Favorite Sundays: Make a run to Jersey Mikes to get a couple of subs, cut them up in small pieces and put them in the fridge. Chill the beer. Pull the shades, get back in bed and watch the Sunday Ticket with the wife and dog. Laptop in the middle. But it doesn't matter because she obsessively checks the scores in the dynasty league - yep my wife is in my league.

Second Favorite Sundays: Titans home games. We have season tix, so we go to about five out of the eight games. Usually we miss one at either of the holidays and we like to sell a couple to recoup some cost. Eight games is a bit of a drag anyway. But the seats are nice, the tailgating is awesome, so who can complain!

Big Treat Sunday: For the past three years, we have gone to Atlantis in Nassau for the opening weekend. It coincides with our anniversary so we get a honeymoon redo and the fun of watching the NFL openers in paradise. Already locked and loaded for this year. This will likely be the last time for a while with the twins on the way.

Captainzach1
Starter
Starter

Postby Captainzach1 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:53 pm

Congrats on the twins!

Yes sundays during football season are a like a holiday every week. The time that passes from 8am until gametime seems like an eternity. It gives me more then enough time to overthink my roster. I've learned to NOT make any lineup changes on sunday mornings unless it's injury/inactive related.
qb- Andrew Luck
wr-Roddy, Steve Johnson, TY Hilton, Doug Baldwin, Josh Gordon, Brazil, Devier Posey, Benjamin, Jon Baldwin, Joe Morgan
te- Greg Olsen, Chandler
1.05, 1.09, 3.07, 5.08

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:32 pm

I love Sundays for many reasons. I don't work on Sundays, I look forward to going to church with my family, and of course football!

There's nothing like chilling out while watching the games with my dad and munching on great food...my son is 5 years old now so hopefully he will watch the games with us this season and forget about Sponge Bob for the day. :waiting:

Deuces
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Deuces » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:04 am

I work 10pm Saturday night until 8am Sunday morning, stay up (barely) all day and watch the games...maybe take a nap, then back to work 10pm Sunday night. Ill stay up 2 days straight to make sure i dont miss games at times.

blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby blacksheep » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:50 pm

If I'm home, I brew up a big pot of coffee, confirm my lineups, channel surf ESPN and NFL Network, and get on the internet to look for any last minutes scratches. Once the the games kickoff, start the party and ride it out! :rockon:

melish1631
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby melish1631 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:38 am

For some reason, my favorite part of the whole package is the Sunday night games....fantasy-wise, most of the teams have played and you have a sense of where your matchup in terms of the score. You get constant highlights from that afternoon's games and I've typically have had a great weekend with my kids....just very relaxing!!!
Now, if I could just fix that monday work issue... :think:
DLF IDP Invitational (Commish)
IDP Smallville
IDP Big Play

Captainzach1
Starter
Starter

Postby Captainzach1 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:43 pm

I love the whole day, the build up to the first games, the hope that comes with 4 pm games and then just kicking back with the sunday night game.
qb- Andrew Luck
te- Greg Olsen, Chandler
1.05, 1.09, 3.07, 5.08

TXPackFan
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby TXPackFan » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:19 am

I go to church first, but once that's done, I head straight to my place, turn on the TV and just lounge and watch whatever games I can.
12 Team, .5PPR, 6pt TD
QB, RB, WR, TE, R/W, W/T, R/W/T, K, DEF
QB-Wilson, Cousins
RB-Gurley, McCoy, Lynch, Abdullah, Ellington, Gore, Perine, Mack, Kelley, Darkwa
WR-Green, Mike Thomas, Demaryius Thomas, Thielen, R. Matthews, Higgins, Ross, A. Steweart
TE-Doyle, Smith
2018-1, 2