Who is stronger? The Hulk or Thor?

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
The GM
Captain
Captain

Who is stronger? The Hulk or Thor?

Postby The GM » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:22 pm

Thanks.

RobertBobson
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Who is stronger? The Hulk or Thor?

Postby RobertBobson » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:33 pm

Thor is incredibly strong, and his belt of strength doubles his strength. Plus, he can go into beserker mode, which like multiplys his strength even more. So, he's super, duper strong. Superman sort of strong. However, theoretically, there is no limit to how strong the hulk is. His powers are based on his anger. So the angrier he gets, the stronger he gets.
So, in a Hulk verses thor situation , when the fight begins, the hulk is pissed but not super pissed, and thor would be stronger. Thor would toss Hulk around alot, knocking him through buildings and into mountains with his badass hammer. But getting knocked around wouldn't stop the hulk, it would just make him pissed ( and you wouldn't like him when he's pissed) and the more pissed he got, the stronger he would get ( and the faster his wounds would heal). So, at some point, he would reach a state of super duper pissed-offness that would make him stronger than thor, and the he'd commence a-smashin'.

So, Thor has a higher floor and is much more consistent, but the hulk is the bigger upside play.
12 team 1 ppr 6 pt all tds
1 qb 2 rb 2 wr 1 rb/wr 1 te 1k
qb Ryan, Vick, nassib, Barkley
RB DMC, Gore, Sporles, Stacy, Hillman, Moreno,
WR aj green,welker, Britt, Blackmon, DeMary
TE Davis, Cook, Housler, Allen

rangerdave
MVP
MVP

Postby rangerdave » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:34 pm

I prefer a DC Universe.
Sick of your posts going unanswered and your threads hijacked? Join us at DynastyHaven.com for Dynasty Fantasy Football Without the Drama.

RobertBobson
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby RobertBobson » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:37 pm

The bottom line is, you can't out smash the hulk. You can't beat him into submission. You either have to cheat with some sort of cosmic/magic power that puts him in stasis, or attack his mind in some way. Hypnosis, mental powers, or just some clever trick like distracting him with a fish and having him chase it till he chills out a bit and reverts to banner.

The GM
Captain
Captain

Postby The GM » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:40 pm

Thank you RobertBobson!

Rangerdave brings up a good point though. I though I heard a long time ago that the Hulk beat Superman. How can that be when one is Marvel and one is DC? :?

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:43 pm

My money is on the Hulk! :D

RobertBobson
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby RobertBobson » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:43 pm

They've had a couple cross over events, because they are both shameless money grubbing companies. And I think that's right, that Hulk could beat superman. Hitting the hulk only makes him angry, and that makes him stronger, so he can take infinite punishment and only get stronger from it. Maybe superman could hit him with a lucky shot early in the fight before the hulk is super angry that could knock him out or something, but the longer the fight goes on, the worse it is for superman. He'd be better off flying around the globe for a while until the earth goes back in time, to a point when the hulk isn't pissed off.

The GM
Captain
Captain

Postby The GM » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:45 pm

dlf_markb wrote:My money is on the Hulk! :D

I was (And still am) a Macho Man Randy Savage fan. :problem:

rangerdave
MVP
MVP

Postby rangerdave » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:47 pm

Actually, Superman beat the Hulk. The winner was decided by fan vote, though. Thor beat Captain Marvel (writer's decision).
Sick of your posts going unanswered and your threads hijacked? Join us at DynastyHaven.com for Dynasty Fantasy Football Without the Drama.

The GM
Captain
Captain

Postby The GM » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:48 pm

RobertBobson wrote:They've had a couple cross over events, because they are both shameless money grubbing companies. And I think that's right, that Hulk could beat superman. Hitting the hulk only makes him angry, and that makes him stronger, so he can take infinite punishment and only get stronger from it. Maybe superman could hit him with a lucky shot early in the fight before the hulk is super angry that could knock him out or something, but the longer the fight goes on, the worse it is for superman. He'd be better off flying around the globe for a while until the earth goes back in time, to a point when the hulk isn't pissed off.
This sounds good. thank you for taking time to answer this. I saw the Avengers commercial and was thinking Hulk could crush everyone in it but then some 11 year old made me look like a fool with Thor. When I see his mom again I'll show her! :x

RobertBobson
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby RobertBobson » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:53 pm

Look, Thor can hold his own against the hulk, there's no question. They are the same league of talent. And thor has all kinds of tricks and god magic, that I'm not sure all of what he can do ( I was an Xman/ Spiderman guy as a kid, not really an avengers guy). Lightening.. make his hammer do weird bleep, control the weather. He's a well rounded player and can def hold his own. but in pure strength, I gotta take the hulk.

RobertBobson
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby RobertBobson » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:56 pm

rangerdave wrote:Actually, Superman beat the Hulk. The winner was decided by fan vote, though. Thor beat Captain Marvel (writer's decision).
Yeah, I didn't really read comics at that point. I remember Wolverine beat Lobo on fan vote, which is preposterous (even if Lobo is a joke character, he's like superman level of power or more). And I guess I have no problem with superman winning, as he's the archetype (literally) of superheros, and has all the history and the what not. But, on paper, the hulk should win.

cleanwillyb
Captain
Captain

Postby cleanwillyb » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:49 pm

First, let's be clear: DC comics = eww.

Second, Thor would beat the Hulk in a life-or-death fight. Is Hulk STRONGER from a brute force stand point? Probably. He's probably the most physically powerful non-cosmic being in the Marvel universe, but Thor is one of the most straight-up powerful characters therein.

Aside from World War Hulk, which is one of the worst storylines in modern history IMO, Hulk is consistently shown as a tier below the cosmic-type heros, such as your Silver Surfer's, Nova's, Gladiator's, and yes, Thor's.

There's simply no way the Hulk beats Thor to death. Thor's full array of powers and abilities can affect change on a planetary scale.
16 team 0.5 PPR IDP dynasty league. 5th Season.
QB: D. Brees, M. Stafford
RB: L. McCoy, D. Martin, J. Charles, R. Mendenhall, D. Wilson
WR: C. Johnson, H. Nicks, A. Green, J. Jones, R. Meachem
TE: J. Graham, J. Finley
DL: JPP, C. Johnson, J. Tuck
LB: S. Lee, J. Lauranaitis, C. McCarthy, J. Beason, D. Bishop,
CB: J. Haden, R. Sherman
S: P. Chung, M. Burnett, B. Pollard
2010-2012 Champ

RobertBobson
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby RobertBobson » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:22 pm

Are the Asgard Gods (and the Rome/Greece ones) really on the cosmic power level? I always considered them a tier below guys like the surfer and Thanos and what not. They just seemed like super heros in the comics, not cosmic heros. Not that I really paid much attention to them, as I hated the super cosmic stuff, and never really read any of those comics.

cleanwillyb
Captain
Captain

Postby cleanwillyb » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:29 pm

Well, with Thanos' recent buffing I would put him on a nearly cosmic being power level. He's certainly above any individual lower-level cosmic type, like Thor, Surfer, Quasar, Warlock, etc.

I wouldn't put all the Asgardians or any other broad 'god' group on the tier of Surfer and such, but Thor isn't any average Asgardian. Top-tier god group beings, like Odin and Zeus, are on the near-omnipotent cosmic being level.

Of course, everything is subject to the whims of the writer at the time.
16 team 0.5 PPR IDP dynasty league. 5th Season.
QB: D. Brees, M. Stafford
RB: L. McCoy, D. Martin, J. Charles, R. Mendenhall, D. Wilson
WR: C. Johnson, H. Nicks, A. Green, J. Jones, R. Meachem
TE: J. Graham, J. Finley
DL: JPP, C. Johnson, J. Tuck
LB: S. Lee, J. Lauranaitis, C. McCarthy, J. Beason, D. Bishop,
CB: J. Haden, R. Sherman
S: P. Chung, M. Burnett, B. Pollard
2010-2012 Champ