football coach

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
jaquilly
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

football coach

Postby jaquilly » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:27 am

How do i become a highschool football coach? I want to eventually become a college football coach, and i know i have to get my graduate asisstant degree. But, it seems that you actually have to know someone to become a coach now a days. Is there a website or someplace where they list head/assistant coaching jobs?
Last edited by jaquilly on Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

SpaderDude
Captain
Captain

Re: football coach

Postby SpaderDude » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:20 am

Many folks start off by volunteering in some capacity. If you you have limited or no experience, this would be the best route to take. Another way to gain experience is by attending coaching clinics. These are held at almost every major college.

Not all, but most of the coaches at the highschool level are usually teachers as well. So, they are already employed by the school and had applied to become paid coaches as well. At the highschool level, the pay varies, but by no means is it a way to entirely support yourself.

It does help to know someone (principal, another coach, president of a university, etc.), but in many instances you can just show up to your old highschool and say that you want to help out. You can also read the classified adds to see if there are any postings, but unless you have experience and/or know someone, it is unlikely that you would land a paid position. Good luck.
Team1

10 Team Dynasty, Roster-30, (must contain 2K & 2Def.) Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D

Stafford, Eli, Rivers
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Stewart, Mark Ingram, J. Bell, Christine Michael, Mike James, Tolbert
Calvin, AJG, Julio, Antonio Brown, Gordon, Da'Rick, Streater
Tony G, Finley, Housler, L. Green, Gresham

5, 2014 First Rounders

Team2

12 team, 30-man rosters, 1ppr. Starters: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1K, 1D

Brees, Big Ben
Forte, TRich, D. Wilson, Ingram, Stewart, C. Michael, Franklin, D. Brown, Helu, B. Rainey, CJ Anderson, Tolbert
Calvin, Nicks, Gordon, Stills, Toon, M. Wilson, Drew Davis, Da'Rick
Gronk, Daniels, G. Graham, Celek