Game of Thrones Season 2!!

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
hamburglar
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Game of Thrones Season 2!!

Postby hamburglar » Wed May 16, 2012 7:38 pm

A friend and I discovered the mystery of who John Snow's mother is! He has read all the books and well I've cheated and read a bunch of wiki character summaries.

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Thu May 17, 2012 1:38 pm

The show is awesome, I love it! They have had some very good endings to the episodes that leave you wanting more.

I have been thinking of reading the books, but wouldn't that just be a spoiler for watching the series? You basically already know what happens. I would kinda rather be caught off guard.
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:21 pm

Loved the battle of the Black Water - best episode yet!

as for reading the novels as spoilers - I've read them all, and some of them twice - if anything, you'll be geeking out every time they get something right in the show, and scratching your head at some of the minor changes. Makes for good discussion with others who have read the books and are watching the series.

-oo-

BeRanDone
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BeRanDone » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:51 am

Sigh, sad to see this season over with already. 2 months on, 10 months off. These next 10 months will be brutal!

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:26 am

meineymoe wrote:Loved the battle of the Black Water - best episode yet!

as for reading the novels as spoilers - I've read them all, and some of them twice - if anything, you'll be geeking out every time they get something right in the show, and scratching your head at some of the minor changes. Makes for good discussion with others who have read the books and are watching the series.

-oo-
Agreed, the TV series differs from the books in some interesting ways, and I think it will have to do that more and more as the show progresses. I honestly have no idea how they are going to pull off the show as it works into books four and five. But the show is still great to watch as it's very well done, and is still close enough to the story in the books to be recognizable, but just different enough to keep it interesting.

No spoilers, but man, season three is going to rock your world.

Mud Dogs
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Mud Dogs » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:26 pm

At Comic Con yesterday, Goerge RR Martin introduced 7 new characters for the TV series and followed up by saying " Well now I've got to kill off some of the other characters to make room for the new ones!" Love the series both in written and visual format. I'm about a book ahead of HBO and loving it.
1QB 12 team PPR/TE 1.25PPR. 25 roster 3 taxi (indicated with a *)
QB- Burrow, Dak
RB- Dobbins, Breece Hall, Jamaal WIlliams, Zamir White, deon jackson, malik davis, G. Edwards, Trayv. Williams, E. Hull, Abanikanda
WR- Ja. Chase, Tee Higgins, CD Lamb, C. Kirk, I. McKenzie, Ky. Phillips. C. Tillman, D. Mims
TE- Waller, Kmet, Tay. Hill, P. Durham*, Z. Kuntz*, B. Strange*
D- SF, Jets
Picks: 2024-1, 3, 4