KONY 2012

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
BeRanDone
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

KONY 2012

Postby BeRanDone » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:32 pm

Just watched this awesome video about a war criminal who needs to be brought to justice. My wife and I are joining the cause and doing what little we can. I encourage you to watch the video and decide for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4MnpzG5Sqc

dickiethon
Role Player
Role Player

Re: KONY 2012

Postby dickiethon » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:14 pm

I want to see the video of this director, Jason Russell, and his naked meltdown on the streets of San Diego the other night

Found it, haha. Hate to see how he'd celebrate if they catch Kony

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32PBZ870 ... ntrinter=1
12 team start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE Non-PPR

QB: Brees, dalton, Carr

RB: AP, Rice, sankey, bush, fjax, taliafero, trent, riddick

WR: Dez, wallace, D. Thomas, watkins, A Johnson, vjax

TE: Olsen, fleener, donnell, ebron

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:27 am

On Kony 2012...

If this youtube video got you riled up and made you aware of the atrocities that have been going on in Africa, from guerrilla warfare to civil war to genocide, then great. A little research beyond the video will show you that this actually took place about a decade ago, so don't get too caught up in this video producer's crusade.

for one thing, he calls for US military intervention. Well, the US military or military contractors have been on the ground in Uganda in the past - it caused probably as much turmoil for the citizens there as anything else going on. don't ever mistake Military Intervention with Humanitarian Efforts.

-oo-

tidewaterjc
All Pro
All Pro

Postby tidewaterjc » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:35 am

meineymoe wrote:On Kony 2012...

If this youtube video got you riled up and made you aware of the atrocities that have been going on in Africa, from guerrilla warfare to civil war to genocide, then great. A little research beyond the video will show you that this actually took place about a decade ago, so don't get too caught up in this video producer's crusade.

for one thing, he calls for US military intervention. Well, the US military or military contractors have been on the ground in Uganda in the past - it caused probably as much turmoil for the citizens there as anything else going on. don't ever mistake Military Intervention with Humanitarian Efforts.

-oo-
Very true Terry.... for those that remember Oct 3, 1993 in Mogadishu, Somalia; the US Military was providing a presence as aid workers tried to provide assistance under UNICEF. Then the raid to capture the self-proclaimed president Mohamed Farrah Aidid as he was starving his people to death. For those that do not recall, US Special Operations Forces ended the battle with 18 KIA and 73 WIA all in the name of humanitarian efforts. Shortly afterwards the US forces were withdrawn because Congress did not have the stomach for the type of battle that would ensue to rid the country of corruption.
Twitter: @tidewaterjc
Email: tidewaterjc@gmail.com

Need a FF Team Helmet?

Custom FF Helmets/Banners available
http://s1324.photobucket.com/user/tidewaterjc/profile/

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:28 pm

dickiethon wrote:I want to see the video of this director, Jason Russell, and his naked meltdown on the streets of San Diego the other night

Found it, haha. Hate to see how he'd celebrate if they catch Kony

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32PBZ870 ... ntrinter=1

Thats hilarious :lol: This guy Russell loses any credibility after this outburst. His 15 minutes of fame are officially over :D
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

The_Dude
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby The_Dude » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:36 am

all that the Kony 2012 uproar gave me is my new dynasty team's awesome name: Kony's Kydz!
Urban Achievers
12 team, .5 ppr, 1 Qb, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE
QB: Watson, Goff, Keenum
RB: Hunt, D Freeman, L Murray, D Martin, White
WR: Ant Brown, Crabtree, B Cooks, T Williams, Kirk, W Fuller
TE: Gronk

Eradicators
12 team standard scoring; 2pt tackle, 1 asst, 4pts fum rec, 2pts force fum, 4pts int, 1.5pts for .5 sack,
8 Off starters: 1QB 0-2RB 1-5WR 1-3TE 1 K; 11 Def starters: 3-4DL, 3-4LB, 2-3CB, 1-2S
QB: Ryan, A Smith, Mahomes
RB: Gore, Crowell, Ingram, etc
WR: Julio, A Brown, Hopkins, Montcreif, LaFell, Etc
TE: Gronk, Rudolph
DL: Griffin, M Johnson, etc
LB: K Alexander, Wagner, T Smith, Barr, Z Brown,
CB: Amukamara, T Johnson, L Ryan
S: R Jones, Harrison, M Jenkins

rangerdave
MVP
MVP

Postby rangerdave » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:52 am

Nice South Park episode this week on bullying and the KONY director.
Sick of your posts going unanswered and your threads hijacked? Join us at DynastyHaven.com for Dynasty Fantasy Football Without the Drama.

DYNOmite
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DYNOmite » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:41 pm

That went well.