Premium Content Fantasy Football Sites

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
eNdblu
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Premium Content Fantasy Football Sites

Postby eNdblu » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:11 pm

I'm curious to know how many people join sites like FBG and FantasyGuru and pay for their premium content?

Is the premium content that they post worth the $25 / year?
16tm SC w/ tiered PPR (0.25/0.5/1.0) 1QB 1RB 1WR 1TE 3FLX
QB - Burrow(2), Tannehill(1)
RB - Taylor(2), Williams(3), Gibson(2), Dillon(2)
WR - Godwin(5), Metcalf(1), Pittman(2), Mingo(5), Boutte(5), Metchie(4), Renfrow(1), Mims(3)
TE - Kelce(1), Pitts(3), Kincaid(5), Njoku(3), Gesicki(5), Thomas[WSH](2)

16tm TE PPR Prem 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2OFLX 1DL 2LB 1DB 1DFLX
QB - Murray, Winston
RB - CEH, Penny, Sanders, Mattison, Wilson
WR - Hill, McLaurin, Jeudy, JuJu, Ridley, Edwards, Ruggs
TE - Goedert, Johnson[NOS]
DL - Young LB - Kirksey, Tranquill, Walker[GB], Walker[ATL] DB - Sneed

melish1631
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Premium Content Fantasy Football Sites

Postby melish1631 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:10 am

NickDblU wrote:I'm curious to know how many people join sites like FBG and FantasyGuru and pay for their premium content?

Is the premium content that they post worth the $25 / year?
I use FBG ..they have very good weekly updates, actually daily throughout the actual NFL Season! I like their rankings and they update throughout the year, much more during the season! They also have rankings for IDP and all positions... I use FBG, along with Rotoworld BUT ...DLF is the best forum! :clap:
DLF IDP Invitational (Commish)
IDP Smallville
IDP Big Play

Jimi Hendrix
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jimi Hendrix » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:23 am

I've subscribed to Fantasy Guru for several years. I have picked up on some good waiver wire fodder using their suggestions.Hansen has some good strategy articles and the staff is pretty good and informative. For $25 I think it's worth the price. But of course, the best forum is right here.
DLF Charter- Carolina Crosstown Traffic
DLF Charter II- Carolina Cozmik Vibes
DLF IDP Invitational--Stone Free
DLF IDP Invitational II--Lazy Lightnin (15 Champions)
DLF United -- Carolina Experience (17 Champs)
Lead Dog--Bad Company
FAAFFL--Purple Haze (99,08 Champions)
RnRFFL--Crosstown Traffic (2000, 02, 04, 10, 17, 18,19 Champions)
Gridiron Elite Dynasty League--Appalachian Mountaineers

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:47 pm

My leagues don't even cost that much. :P I have never seen anything valuable enough in "premium content" than you can't locate elsewhere on the 'net.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Jimi Hendrix
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jimi Hendrix » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:13 pm

that's probably true, but it's just $25. If I get one piece of info there that helps me then eh, what the heck. Use all the resources you can. I really don't mind. It's all good........peace 8-)
DLF Charter- Carolina Crosstown Traffic
DLF Charter II- Carolina Cozmik Vibes
DLF IDP Invitational--Stone Free
DLF IDP Invitational II--Lazy Lightnin (15 Champions)
DLF United -- Carolina Experience (17 Champs)
Lead Dog--Bad Company
FAAFFL--Purple Haze (99,08 Champions)
RnRFFL--Crosstown Traffic (2000, 02, 04, 10, 17, 18,19 Champions)
Gridiron Elite Dynasty League--Appalachian Mountaineers

Skulls
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Skulls » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:47 pm

I like Guru, but these forums are great..This is a hobby of mine so I dont mind spending a little for a good site..in my 2 major leagues, you can easily win 800\1000 so 25 isn't that bad to pay for some great Info
12 team dynasty 26 man roster .5 PPR RB. 1.0 PPR wr. 1.5ppr TE..6 pts. all tds.
Start 1 QB..2-3 RBS 2-4 WRS.. 1-2 TES

http://football20.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... L=10388&O=
QB Matt Ryan Patrick Mahommes
RB Bell, Fournette, Aaron Jones, James Connor, Mcguire, Prosise, Josh Adams
WR Julio, JuJu Schuster, Marvin Jones, Josh Gordon,Stills, Antonio Callaway, D.J. CharkJosh MaloneBraxton Miller, 3 Packer rookies
TE Ertz, Ben Watson, Higbee
Def Jax Houston
K Gould

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:17 am

I don't totally agree with the above comments that all the premium content can be found elsewhere. If you are really, really serious about numbers (and I am) nothing can come close to the Premium Stats section on www.profootballfocus.com. But it's not for the faint of heart. It takes some digging and analysis, but it's extremely enlightening.

the_lung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby the_lung » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:06 pm

I buy the DLF Dynasty Essentials Guide, Matt Waldman's RSP, ESPN Insider, and that's it. And the only reason I buy the latter is because I'm basically getting 3 different types of content throughout the year: access to NFL Draft info, access to college basketball info and Karabell's weekly fantasy football rankings during the NFL season.

The college basketball info in fact paid for the ESPN Insider subscription because I just won $120 yesterday in my fantasy NCAA pool where on the Wednesday before the tourney begins, 8 friends get together locally for a live snake draft and pick 10 players in the NCAA tourny, and most points win. I still had 2 players from Kentucky and and 2 players from Kansas alive in the Finals game last night, so that helped considerably. :thumbup:

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:28 am

I don't and won't pay for premium content for fantasy sports. I do however buy Matt Waldman's rookie scouting portfolio and i subscribe to espn insider. I use the insider for NCAA recruiting news for football and basketball. I don't pay any attention to ESPN for fantasy advice, theyre almost as bad as the "advice" you get on CBS. If any of you are stuck in leagues that use CBS' $160 premium leagues like I am, you know what I'm talking about. Dave Richard is as useful as those Levy's in New Orleans during a hurricane.

melish1631
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby melish1631 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:14 am

MARKinMI wrote:I don't and won't pay for premium content for fantasy sports. I do however buy Matt Waldman's rookie scouting portfolio and i subscribe to espn insider. I use the insider for NCAA recruiting news for football and basketball. I don't pay any attention to ESPN for fantasy advice, theyre almost as bad as the "advice" you get on CBS. If any of you are stuck in leagues that use CBS' $160 premium leagues like I am, you know what I'm talking about. Dave Richard is as useful as those Levy's in New Orleans during a hurricane.
I use CBS for 2 Football Leagues and 2 Baseball...the site itself is good visually, but you are dead on with the advice - downright awful! This season, I am seriously considering leaving CBS due to the costs
DLF IDP Invitational (Commish)
IDP Smallville
IDP Big Play

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:22 pm

If you haven't tried Fleaflicker, you may want to give it a serious look. Totally supports dynasty & keeper leagues, and impressive league customization options for a completely free service.

MyFantasyLeague is also an excellent choice with terrific customization options, and very reasonably priced.

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:20 am

dlf_kenm wrote:If you haven't tried Fleaflicker, you may want to give it a serious look. Totally supports dynasty & keeper leagues, and impressive league customization options for a completely free service.

MyFantasyLeague is also an excellent choice with terrific customization options, and very reasonably priced.
Yeah, most of my leagues are on MFL, i doubt i'd ever try a free site for any of my dynasty leagues, i just dont trust them. I'm stuck on CBS in my 11 year dynasty league because half of my leaguemates fear change so they would rather the league pay 160 for a crappy site. I actually started a new league on MFL so a few of them that hate change can use the software.

rangerdave
MVP
MVP

Postby rangerdave » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:11 pm

MARKinMI wrote:
dlf_kenm wrote:If you haven't tried Fleaflicker, you may want to give it a serious look. Totally supports dynasty & keeper leagues, and impressive league customization options for a completely free service.

Yeah, most of my leagues are on MFL, i doubt i'd ever try a free site for any of my dynasty leagues, i just dont trust them. I'm stuck on CBS in my 11 year dynasty league because half of my leaguemates fear change so they would rather the league pay 160 for a crappy site. I actually started a new league on MFL so a few of them that hate change can use the software.
I am in complete agreement with Ken on FleaFlicker. It is a site designed by fantasy football players for fantasy football players. As a result, there is a greater sense of community there compared to other sites.

Customer service is excellent at Flea. If I have any question or issue, their head CSR, Hal, responds immediately. Company founder Ori is also hands on with customer service issues. These guys make you feel like you are a part of their family.

The site is in a period of growth and there are many changes coming to improve the site. Dynasty leagues are a major focus for this growth. Hal and Ori take every suggestion seriously. I have played on other sites, and no site offers me anything beyond what Flea offers. There is certainly no way I would pay for a service that doesn't offer me the feeling of brotherhood I get with Flea. If you haven't tried Flea before, I would be happy to direct you to some good leagues there.
Sick of your posts going unanswered and your threads hijacked? Join us at DynastyHaven.com for Dynasty Fantasy Football Without the Drama.

ConnSKINS26
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ConnSKINS26 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:14 pm

MARKinMI wrote:

Andrew and I both have a league on Flea Flicker, and its easily the best out there outside of MFL.

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:30 pm

rangerdave wrote:
MARKinMI wrote:

I am in complete agreement with Ken on FleaFlicker. It is a site designed by fantasy football players for fantasy football players. As a result, there is a greater sense of community there compared to other sites.

Customer service is excellent at Flea. If I have any question or issue, their head CSR, Hal, responds immediately. Company founder Ori is also hands on with customer service issues. These guys make you feel like you are a part of their family.

The site is in a period of growth and there are many changes coming to improve the site. Dynasty leagues are a major focus for this growth. Hal and Ori take every suggestion seriously. I have played on other sites, and no site offers me anything beyond what Flea offers. There is certainly no way I would pay for a service that doesn't offer me the feeling of brotherhood I get with Flea. If you haven't tried Flea before, I would be happy to direct you to some good leagues there.
They must be serious about focusing more on dynasty. Hal approached us about linking our articles to their player information, so that DLF content will be available through fleaflicker. They wanted to add dynasty content to their offerings. While I have never played in a fleaflicker league, I have heard nothing but good things about them, they seem like truly passionate & dedicated guys. I have been totally impressed with what I have seen of the site. This is part of the reason you will see some fleaflicker banner ads on our site. Outside of the adsense ads which rotate on our site, we would not promote something which we do not totally believe in and support, and I believe fleaflicker is an excellent league host. I am also a big fan of MFL.