2012 NBA Slam Dunk Competition

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
BeRanDone
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

2012 NBA Slam Dunk Competition

Postby BeRanDone » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:38 pm

Blake Griffin decided not to defend his title. :(

Participants: Paul George, Chase Budinger, Derrick Williams, and Iman Shumpert. Seriously?!

They also changed the format - there will be 1 round only with each participant getting 3 dunks. Fan votes will decide the winner.

Do you plan on watching?

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: 2012 NBA Slam Dunk Competition

Postby Shawn » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:57 am

BeRanDone wrote:Blake Griffin decided not to defend his title. :(

Participants: Paul George, Chase Budinger, Derrick Williams, and Iman Shumpert. Seriously?!

They also changed the format - there will be 1 round only with each participant getting 3 dunks. Fan votes will decide the winner.

Do you plan on watching?

Its a pretty bad group there if we're looking for slam dunk star power like it used to be awhile back. It would be cool if one year all the stars got together and decided to do it, I mean look how cool a Griffin, Durant, Kobe, Lebron, Rose slam dunk contest would be :thumbup:
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:08 am

Not an NBA fan, but I'm at least aware of it's existence. I've never heard of any of those players before. Iman Shumpert - that's a really funny name. But I'd rather see Algae Crumpler try to dunk.

BeRanDone
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BeRanDone » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:27 am

Shawn wrote:Its a pretty bad group there if we're looking for slam dunk star power like it used to be awhile back. It would be cool if one year all the stars got together and decided to do it, I mean look how cool a Griffin, Durant, Kobe, Lebron, Rose slam dunk contest would be :thumbup:
That's not even right, getting me that excited about something that would NEVER happen. Lebron teases us year in and year out about doing the slam dunk competition, but never will. I feel that his camp thinks if he doesn't win it, it would hurt his stock/marketability.
tstafford wrote:Not an NBA fan, but I'm at least aware of it's existence. I've never heard of any of those players before. Iman Shumpert - that's a really funny name. But I'd rather see Algae Crumpler try to dunk.
Speaking of NFL players dunking, have you seen Dez's twitcon on Twitter? He looks like a high-flyer!

rangerdave
MVP
MVP

Postby rangerdave » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:46 am

BeRanDone wrote:
Shawn wrote:Its a pretty bad group there if we're looking for slam dunk star power like it used to be awhile back. It would be cool if one year all the stars got together and decided to do it, I mean look how cool a Griffin, Durant, Kobe, Lebron, Rose slam dunk contest would be :thumbup:
That's not even right, getting me that excited about something that would NEVER happen. Lebron teases us year in and year out about doing the slam dunk competition, but never will. I feel that his camp thinks if he doesn't win it, it would hurt his stock/marketability.
tstafford wrote:Not an NBA fan, but I'm at least aware of it's existence. I've never heard of any of those players before. Iman Shumpert - that's a really funny name. But I'd rather see Algae Crumpler try to dunk.
Speaking of NFL players dunking, have you seen Dez's twitcon on Twitter? He looks like a high-flyer!
Players will tell you they don't do the slam dunk competition for fear of injury, but the truth is that they don't do it for fear of being shown up by another player and losing some of those advertisement dollars as a result.
Sick of your posts going unanswered and your threads hijacked? Join us at DynastyHaven.com for Dynasty Fantasy Football Without the Drama.

melish1631
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby melish1631 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:10 am

You guys mean to tell me that Jeremy Lin isn't the winner of the slam dunk contest?
DLF IDP Invitational (Commish)
IDP Smallville
IDP Big Play

klyepod
Role Player
Role Player

Postby klyepod » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:18 am

I got Derrick Williams winning