this is a travesty

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
@donovanhorn
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

this is a travesty

Postby @donovanhorn » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:26 pm

How are there only three topics here? iGM is just as addictive as fantasy football and more people should be taking part. No reason any member of the DLF community shouldn't be a part of this.

iGM Chris
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: this is a travesty

Postby iGM Chris » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:34 pm

Hey, Donovan, Chris Barry here; PowerHouse is my baby.

You just completely made my day! I'm very happy to hear you're enjoying iGM. We have big plans for it, but we're just getting started, and we're working hard to improve the user experience on our site. Within the next few weeks, you'll see:

1. The annoying inconsistency of the menus fixed (I'll be working on that when I finish this post!)
2. How competition is presented will shift from those obscure, unexplained scores to real, NFL-like scores (that should happen in the next few days)
3. Our ugly forums will be replaced with a completely new system that will be integrated with our help system and will feature a single sign-on.
4. We'll significantly upgrade the Draft Room pages, and flip the board to 2012. We have big plans for the Big Board, and mock and live drafts.
5. We'll improve our regular communications with our membership.

I'm a perfectionist, and I know a lot isn't great about the site right now, but with our resources, I think it's pretty amazing that we've been able to successfully model all the real life rules that govern player movement in the NFL. To the point that we have a 25 year NFL exec (in his words) "completely addicted to this thing."

Hey, if you'd like to get involved, we could use the help. Lest anyone think we're some big corporation, let me assure you that I'm a guy with two kids living in very expensive Westchester County NY, who has gone two years without an income in pursuit of this dream. Uber geek.