Need Positive Energy

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Need Positive Energy

Postby tstafford » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:31 am

Today is the day everybody. The best two get surgically implanted at 11:45 PT.

BeRanDone
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BeRanDone » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:49 am

Good luck, we're all pushing for you guys to succeed.

dlf_ericd
Administrator

Postby dlf_ericd » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:06 am

tstafford wrote:Today is the day everybody. The best two get surgically implanted at 11:45 PT.
Awesome! When will you know the results of if it's successful or not?

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:30 pm

Thanks all. They are in. It was a strange experience for sure. Ironically the pregnancy test is set for February 14th. . .Maybe that's a good omen.

Funny story about how people are crazy. So the first thing that happened today was that they showed us photos of all of the embryos that were viable and showed us best two and explained why. Of course those are the two they wanted to implant. But they asked us if we were "okay with that". Understand the team includes Reproductive Endocrinologist and an Embryologist. Collectively these two probably have 16 years of training post college, maybe more. The RE is a surgeon, OBGYN who specializes in nothing but this process. So being the way I am, I said "Really? Does anyone ever argue with you about which to use?" And apparently people do!! They tell these highly trained professionals to use the lower quality embryos. My wife and I though this was the funniest thing we have ever heard.

repkllrs
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby repkllrs » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:14 pm

tstafford wrote:Thanks all. They are in. It was a strange experience for sure. Ironically the pregnancy test is set for February 14th. . .Maybe that's a good omen.

Funny story about how people are crazy. So the first thing that happened today was that they showed us photos of all of the embryos that were viable and showed us best two and explained why. Of course those are the two they wanted to implant. But they asked us if we were "okay with that". Understand the team includes Reproductive Endocrinologist and an Embryologist. Collectively these two probably have 16 years of training post college, maybe more. The RE is a surgeon, OBGYN who specializes in nothing but this process. So being the way I am, I said "Really? Does anyone ever argue with you about which to use?" And apparently people do!! They tell these highly trained professionals to use the lower quality embryos. My wife and I though this was the funniest thing we have ever heard.
And that's why there should be an IQ test to become parents.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" Abe Lincoln

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:57 pm

Well, I wish you a very happy valentines day on the 14th. Hopeing for the best for you and your wife!

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:14 pm

tstafford wrote:Ironically the pregnancy test is set for February 14th. . .Maybe that's a good omen.
Hopefully! :thumbup: Five years ago my son was born four weeks early and after a long month in the critical care unit he was finally allowed to come home...on February 14th!

Good luck Tim, I hope everything works out!

AK49
Captain
Captain

Postby AK49 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:57 pm

Hope all is well Tim.
I have had several friends go through the fertility process and I know how stressful/anxiety provoking it can be.
But its an exciting time for you and your wife.
I'm a fraternal twin and loved it growing up.
For those two little ones I give :thumbup: :thumbup:
12 Team PPR TE Premium
(1) QB Stafford, Cutler
(1-3)RB: CJ Spiller, F Jax, Mathews, Latavius
(2-4)WR: AJ Green, C. Patterson, Alshon Jeffery, M. Floyd, J. Blackmon, M. Wheaton, M. Brown
(0-2)TE: Julius Thomas, Ladarius Green, K. Rudolph

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:09 pm

Good luck with everything tommorow. Hopefully it is a very happy Valentines day for you guys.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:15 am

Good luck man!

Are you at the UCSD medical center? I got my bachelors from UCSD, I loved living in la jolla.

If you have some spare time, drive up to mount Soledad & check out the views of the whole city. On a clear day you can even see down to Mexico.

And if you're able to drink (during this process), I highly suggest the california honey ale from Pizza Port.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:25 am

Thanks all. We get the results of the first pregnancy test sometime around 6 pm Central today. I'll post for sure.

Jordanz - Left Cali on 2/4 the day after the procedure. But two weeks in La Jolla was awesome. Spent way too much time at The Spot. Fertility stuff is all done at private clinics (not hospitals) so we were at San Diego Fertility Center which is the leading place in the country. There are other extremely good ones in Portland and Denver.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:07 pm

Well the results came in early and they are unfortunately not good. Looks like this attempt has failed as well. I appreciate all the support and friendship from DLF. I may not be myself for a few days.

henry1jg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby henry1jg » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:28 pm

I'm sorry to hear that. You and your wife will be in my prayers.
Barrow Snowmen- 14 team - 0.5 PPR, IDP - Yr 19
Jacksonville Jaguars - 32 team - Real GM - Yr 13
Barrow Snowmen #2 - 14 team - SF, PPR - Yr 2
Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Don't let your recency bias affect your judgment.

BeRanDone
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BeRanDone » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:31 pm

Very sorry. I'll keep you and yours in my prayers and hope for the best the next time around.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:34 pm

tstafford wrote:Well the results came in early and they are unfortunately not good. Looks like this attempt has failed as well. I appreciate all the support and friendship from DLF. I may not be myself for a few days.
I'm sorry to hear that Tim, I wish you and your wife the best... :(