Presidential Election Fear

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.

Which presidential candidate do you fear as being More Likely to Destroy the World?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:14 pm

Hillary "You Got Mail" Clinton
80%
"The Donald" Trump
20%

Total votes: 10

joekool
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Presidential Election Fear

Postby joekool » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:18 pm

I agree with your stance/opinions on Bill Clinton, Obama etc, I disagree about Hillary. I voted for her, but I dont think she necessarily would have made a great President. Perhaps yes. But again, with both houses against her and all the scandals surrounding her (as bs as many of them are), it would have marred any action she tried to make happen, just like Obama could have been great, but he got stonewalled by the GOP at every turn because he was a Democrat (and maybe because he is Black...? just saying).

Anyway, I am following it and I am glad that the appointed GOP peeps are actually sticking to their guns in some cases and NOT agreeing with think-skinned idiotic Donald Drumpf (waterboarding, Muslims etc). Feel free to google Drumpf by the way :D

This election is going to set the country back 20+ years and I fear for the life my 8 yr old daughter will have :( :cry:

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:03 pm

Just watched "Inside Job" on Netflix. It's a documentary about the shady money practices of Wall Street, many of which took off during Bill Clinton's run.

I dare you to watch it and then still argue that he isn't heavily to blame for the housing crash. Many of his appointed people directly lit the fire to this shitstorm.
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:21 pm

Am I the only one who thinks these nicknames of presidents are completely stupid? (Drumpf, Killary, Obummer).... they're not clever, and they make no sense. Come on people, we can do better.

As for the whole election thing (thanks for bumping this by the way Coogan.... way to stir the pot)
This was the one opportunity everyone had to take a chance and show the world we don't support the sub-par candidates we're being provided to vote for. Both Trump and Clinton have plenty of flaws (Although, in my opinion, the *slightly* better one won). But the path this country was going needed to be re-directed. People can say racial tension has always been prevalent, and I know it has, but over the last 3-4 years the nonsense has skyrocketed to an all new level. Every single issue is now about race instead of the underlying problem. 'Illegal Mexicans' and 'Muslims' aren't the problem. The problem is that this country has guidelines for entering and becoming a citizen and they're not being followed. Also, the 'refugees' entering this country DO need proper screening, which hasn't been happening. I understand everyone believes different things but as a national security issue the screening process needs to be strictly adhered to. When I was in Iraq we saw kids as young as 6 years old fighting for small 'terrorist' outposts. Some women have been recruited to ISIS as well, so all this, "accept the women and children" talk is ridiculous. I don't think Obama was a terrible president, but I don't think he was a 'very good to great' one either. The only thing he did was implement a terrible health care bill that has so many flaws it should have been prolonged and revamped before even being released, and supported criminals over LEO's every chance he got. Had he stayed out of the issue and let precincts do their own investigations, and fixed the healthcare problem himself before leaving office, or just never implemented it, I would say he was a good president. Still, he could have done worse. Thank God we didn't get another 4-8 years of him with Hillary though.

my 2 cents.
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:01 pm

GLSmk wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:21 pmThank God we didn't get another 4-8 years of him with Hillary though.
Lol I approve this message :thumbup:

PS, don't worry, there isn't one Hillary/Obama supporter in our league!
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:45 am

Ps. Taxation is theft
Watson Goff Purdy

joekool
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby joekool » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:17 pm

Drumpf isnt a nickname. Its Trump's ancestor's original last name. I can understand why it was changed...Drumpf sounds pretty lame.

Also, while I am not a huge Obama person (and majorly disliked Hillary, but absolutely despise Trump), Obama did more than pass a crappy health care act (which absolutely needs to be massively corrected, but not repealed) He passed Wall Street Reform, passed Credit Card Reform, ended the War in Iraq, passed the Stimulus, got Osama, repealed Dont Ask Dont Tell, reversed Bush's torture policies and plenty more.

He had great ideas, was pretty weak, caved too often and also never stood a chance against the GOP who was determined to nix any/everything he wanted.

Glad we never got Palin. Might take her over Trump though.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:53 am

Well, as each day comes, more news gets put out there. More shoot from the hip, thoughtless garbage. More unnecessary and teenager like tweets come from the highest office in the land... Each day that passes brings me closer to the thought that it is quite likely that our countries' president Donald Trump will end up being impeached. He certainly wasn't the best candidate people. This was a mistake of massive proportions. Americans got duped by a reality TV approach to politics. I hope some are starting to see that. If you haven't yet, I can only imagine what it must take. I hope that those that currently support and have supported Trump, see that he conned half of the country. He didn't win the majority vote .... AND what is quite funny is that not too far back, he himself was beating the drum to the tune of abolishing the electoral college.

Just a couple months back, he was the presidential candidate talking about his small hands and what they have to do with penis size during debates, talking about women as sex objects and less than that of men, and yes, he's been married 3 times and has children with 3 different wives.... Perfect ROLE model for our country!!! Oh... and our daily news paper(s) have looked more like the Enquirer since he took office. One never knows what will hit the front page next. FOX is an embarrassment, and how that station has handled scientific evidence about the influences of human activity on climate change should be criminal as they lies and mistruths they spread and propigate will only harm and set back our efforts. He and his vice president as well as his joke of a cabinet - is a national embarrassment and Frankly, this entire &^*% show is the biggest mistake ever made by our countries government in the 241 years and 45 president history.

Coogs brings up Bill Clinton and the Bank thing again. I thought we hashed that point out already. THERE were no restrictions on the banks and Wall street and this did not Just START with BILL Clinton. I mean WTF? Do you really think it just started then? seriously? But, I do appreciate the sharing of the link. Completely oversimplified conclusion. Not saying Clinton wasn't partially to blame as I think he could have done a little bit more publicly to alter the behavior of the banks - but, special interest groups as well as the republican business plan were heavily involved and these groups on the banking side, have heavy influence. Just like the special interest that backed the making of that clip. Anyway, Much like the oil special interest is influencing our government now. Currently not just influencing the president, but, now running the country. The cabinet appointees should have raised an eye brow of every citizen of this country. Regardless of political affiliation. Those people that were appointed to these cabinet seats simply did not have the merits, knowledge, or credentials to do the jobs they were appointed to. Doesn't anyone else see this? Regardless of political affiliation, this should worry every American greatly.

To add to the list of sketchinesss. President Obama was to nominate a supreme court justice, the GOP, blocks this effort for bi-partisan reasons.... Is this the type of party and government we want to support? I mean how does this not concern all Americans? Look back and see just how NOT OFTEN this has happened. What an absolute joke. Address this &^%& show please. Speak on this. Lets discuss how and why this happened, yet, just months later, we have moron after moron, completely unqualified for their new jobs - taking over, meanwhile we have a huge % of a country that is blissfully ignorant on it.

Trump is not what he said he was. He isn't going to keep the middle class or the lower class of socioeconomic class of people anywhere near his top list of priorities. The EPA thing is an absolute JOKE! I'm very very embarrassed by my fellow Americans ignorance. Almost half of the citizens of our country were simple enough to get fooled.... And STILL some haven't seen the very &*%$ show they endorse. I mean hello? ***** embarrassment on a global scale. We Americans are currently the JOKE of the world politically. We are burning bridges, messing up global trade, and basically.... creating a hell of a mess that will inevitably have to be cleaned up.

Well done America.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:01 am

joekool wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:17 pm Drumpf isnt a nickname. Its Trump's ancestor's original last name. I can understand why it was changed...Drumpf sounds pretty lame.

Also, while I am not a huge Obama person (and majorly disliked Hillary, but absolutely despise Trump), Obama did more than pass a crappy health care act (which absolutely needs to be massively corrected, but not repealed) He passed Wall Street Reform, passed Credit Card Reform, ended the War in Iraq, passed the Stimulus, got Osama, repealed Dont Ask Dont Tell, reversed Bush's torture policies and plenty more.

He had great ideas, was pretty weak, caved too often and also never stood a chance against the GOP who was determined to nix any/everything he wanted.

Glad we never got Palin. Might take her over Trump though.
His ancestors name may have been drumpf, but his never has been, so that makes it a nickname. And Obama didn't end the war in Iraq; first off there are still troops in Iraq and they still run daily missions, secondly there was never a war in Iraq. There has been no war since ww2, all the others have been labeled as 'conflicts'. And I didn't support Trump either, but I do now as he was the better choice of the 2 (as a veteran, I'm very glad Hillary was not elected) and anyone hoping he fails is dumb. The guy is in charge of our country, like it or not.
Fortunately, I doubt he runs for a second term now that he's seen the effect it has on his businesses. I just wish the third party could be taken more seriously
Watson Goff Purdy

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:15 am

JFever wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:53 am Well, as each day comes, more news gets put out there. More shoot from the hip, thoughtless garbage. More unnecessary and teenager like tweets come from the highest office in the land... Each day that passes brings me closer to the thought that it is quite likely that our countries' president Donald Trump will end up being impeached. He certainly wasn't the best candidate people. This was a mistake of massive proportions. Americans got duped by a reality TV approach to politics. I hope some are starting to see that. If you haven't yet, I can only imagine what it must take. I hope that those that currently support and have supported Trump, see that he conned half of the country. He didn't win the majority vote .... AND what is quite funny is that not too far back, he himself was beating the drum to the tune of abolishing the electoral college.

Just a couple months back, he was the presidential candidate talking about his small hands and what they have to do with penis size during debates, talking about women as sex objects and less than that of men, and yes, he's been married 3 times and has children with 3 different wives.... Perfect ROLE model for our country!!! Oh... and our daily news paper(s) have looked more like the Enquirer since he took office. One never knows what will hit the front page next. FOX is an embarrassment, and how that station has handled scientific evidence about the influences of human activity on climate change should be criminal as they lies and mistruths they spread and propigate will only harm and set back our efforts. He and his vice president as well as his joke of a cabinet - is a national embarrassment and Frankly, this entire &^*% show is the biggest mistake ever made by our countries government in the 241 years and 45 president history.

Coogs brings up Bill Clinton and the Bank thing again. I thought we hashed that point out already. THERE were no restrictions on the banks and Wall street and this did not Just START with BILL Clinton. I mean WTF? Do you really think it just started then? seriously? But, I do appreciate the sharing of the link. Completely oversimplified conclusion. Not saying Clinton wasn't partially to blame as I think he could have done a little bit more publicly to alter the behavior of the banks - but, special interest groups as well as the republican business plan were heavily involved and these groups on the banking side, have heavy influence. Just like the special interest that backed the making of that clip. Anyway, Much like the oil special interest is influencing our government now. Currently not just influencing the president, but, now running the country. The cabinet appointees should have raised an eye brow of every citizen of this country. Regardless of political affiliation. Those people that were appointed to these cabinet seats simply did not have the merits, knowledge, or credentials to do the jobs they were appointed to. Doesn't anyone else see this? Regardless of political affiliation, this should worry every American greatly.

To add to the list of sketchinesss. President Obama was to nominate a supreme court justice, the GOP, blocks this effort for bi-partisan reasons.... Is this the type of party and government we want to support? I mean how does this not concern all Americans? Look back and see just how NOT OFTEN this has happened. What an absolute joke. Address this &^%& show please. Speak on this. Lets discuss how and why this happened, yet, just months later, we have moron after moron, completely unqualified for their new jobs - taking over, meanwhile we have a huge % of a country that is blissfully ignorant on it.

Trump is not what he said he was. He isn't going to keep the middle class or the lower class of socioeconomic class of people anywhere near his top list of priorities. The EPA thing is an absolute JOKE! I'm very very embarrassed by my fellow Americans ignorance. Almost half of the citizens of our country were simple enough to get fooled.... And STILL some haven't seen the very &*%$ show they endorse. I mean hello? ***** embarrassment on a global scale. We Americans are currently the JOKE of the world politically. We are burning bridges, messing up global trade, and basically.... creating a hell of a mess that will inevitably have to be cleaned up.

Well done America.
Talks about penis size and has been married 3 times with kids from each marriage. Sounds like most Americans, at least he was married when he had kids with them instead of knocking a woman up and leaving her. I think you're overreacting a bit on a lot of your arguments. You obviously buy into the left-leanining media and think Obama was a saint, but I'll bet you Trump doesn't get impeached. Sadly he was our best option, the Democratic party wasn't getting anything positive done except for caving in to all the whining Americans that are offended by something new every day. People can assume a gender now? Get real man. I understand not supporting trump, he's not the answer to America's problems. But if you deny America got any better under Obama (and Hillary was going to be more years of Obama-rule) then you sir are confused.

Yeah America is a bleep show of epic proportions and a laughing stock to the world, but it isn't because of our president. It's because people 'assume their gender' and defy economics by actually giving in to supplying a $15/hr minimum wage to people who have zero skills, among other things that these damn millennials want. I guess that's what happens when everyone gets a trophy
Watson Goff Purdy

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:55 am

OH.... he'll run for a 2nd term. His ego will drive him to do it. Please.... If you are missing that, you've missed a great deal. He will run and he will be defeated quite easily and... that is assuming he isn't removed from office first. He is one temper tantrum, one over reaction without thinking, one post by clicking submit away from doing something so stupid that our congress will have no choice but to impeach. It'll happen. Heck, last Thursday he referred to the 9th district judge as incompetent. Now.... that is funny. When one thinks of what a Lawyer must do to become a federal judge of the highest order.... it is funny to have an idiot like Trump then call them incompetent. AND, it is this precise behavior that leads us commonsense folk to the conclusion that... NO... he wasn't the best choice of the two. He simply wasn't and yes, it is him that is the embarrassment. Sorry. It is just true. All one has to do is read the paper.

As Americans, we must simply hope he doesn't screw things up too badly. Yes Obama care (Affordable care act) needs reform. I completely agree. But, you don't throw it out and replace it with ..... (something fantastic) to put it in Trumps language. I mean please!!!!!! lets have a plan. He has none. The people he is targeting don't even care. they can vote, but to them it is reality TV..... It is an abomination. the Cabinet appointees.... ARE YOU FRICKIN SERIOUS? The head of the EPA sued the EPA 12 times, and now is in charge of it. No one on the Right thinks this is odd? Oh, how about the rule / law changes that were made shortly after takeover. How do those new lax EPA regulations help the common folk? Now, coal companies can discard waste into streams / rivers. This lowers cost for them and allows more profit. This helps who? Some like to say it helps the coal worker.... Please, give me a frickin break.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:40 pm

GLSmk wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:01 amI just wish the third party could be taken more seriously
Amen to that!!!!!!
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

joekool
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby joekool » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:34 pm

The entire political system needs to be overhauled. Its obviously not working anymore. Trump beat Hillary but the popular vote was for Hillary. W beat Gore, but the popular vote was for Gore. Voting machines are tampered with. Hanging chads. Districts aren't even counted. Its messed up. Not sure what would work better, but one major thing is...have the Election Day be a day off of work for all. This is what many major countries do. This allows everyone a chance to vote if they need to go to a polling place. Much more fair.
Also, standardize them across the USA. And make it so you can mail in your vote. In Oregon we mail it in. When I lived in California, you went to a polling station.

On a side note, maybe someone more enlightened can tell me why the Senate cannot simply have 50 Democratic Senators and 50 Republican Senators? Why does there needs to be an uneven amount? This way basically every issue will have to have people reaching across the aisle in order for things to pass...and therefore sticking to party-lines on every issue will become essentially pointless. You vote for my education bill, Ill vote for your gun bill will become the norm but still, people will make adjustments and things will pass and hopefully some progress will be made and gosh, maybe the current level of absolute hatred will go back to the way it was before 1998 or so.
However, if the system will allow a viable third party to have a chance then my above point will become less practical.
There really haven't been any solid 3rd party candidates as of yet though. Maybe Nader or someone, but Stein, Johnson, Buchanan, Perot, Badnarik, etc have all been pretty inept in at least one or more major categories.

joekool
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby joekool » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:37 pm

Coogan Football wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:01 pm
GLSmk wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:21 pmThank God we didn't get another 4-8 years of him with Hillary though.
PS, don't worry, there isn't one Hillary/Obama supporter in our league!
So you cannot play fantasy football with someone who voted Democrat?
Maybe you should be playing a different game...:?:

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:04 am

This ^ is one of my major issues. Too much bi-partisanship. While we "thank some pretend God that Hillary didn't win, are we going to now PRAY to that same pretend deity that Trump doesn't screw things up so much that it sets us back decades?

The ultra conservative Right, the ultra liberal left... both are wrong. We as a people need to get better at empathy, at putting ourselves in others situations, at compromise, at communication.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:21 pm

JFever wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:04 am This ^ is one of my major issues. Too much bi-partisanship. While we "thank some pretend God that Hillary didn't win, are we going to now PRAY to that same pretend deity that Trump doesn't screw things up so much that it sets us back decades?

The ultra conservative Right, the ultra liberal left... both are wrong. We as a people need to get better at empathy, at putting ourselves in others situations, at compromise, at communication.
As a Christian, I definitely don't agree with some of that first paragraph but the second paragraph? Right on my brother!
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)