Tre Mason is about that thug life

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Tre Mason is about that thug life

Postby Coogan Football » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:58 pm

Lol wowwwwww, this guy sounds like a true winner...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... violations
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

Telperion
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Tre Mason is about that thug life

Postby Telperion » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:05 pm

Ehh, nobody called Manziel a thug for his inebriated domestic incident. It's a bit unnecessarily racially charged.

Just a basic idiot.
- Don't waste your time on late round NFL draft picks: Success rates by NFL draft round and speed.
- Team(s): Team 1

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:07 pm

Sheldon Richardson was going 140 miles per hour with a minor, marijuana and a loaded gun, but he wasn't charged on drug or child endangerment charges but the league gave him a four game suspension for the weed.

Honestly I can't believe Richardson got off with only a four game suspension for that stunt. Does anyone think this means Mason gets more than 4 from the league or is cut from the Rams?
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

rock-hammerson
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby rock-hammerson » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:08 pm

Ya, he just sounds like an idiot. This doesn't scream "thug" at all to me. Gurley owners should snag Malcolm brown if he's out there. May see the backup role early with Cunningham.
10 team ppr 32 man rosters when season starts. 1QB- 2RB- 3WR- 1TE- 2Flex and k/def
QB- Luck, Winston, Glennon
RB- Gurley, Lynch, J. Howard, Gore, Rawls, Prosise, CJ Anderson, J. Williams(BUF), Lasco, DJ Foster, M. Brown, Perkins
WR- OBJ, Hopkins, Evans, Michael Thomas, Pryor, Gordon, Snead, Latimer, Mitchell, Spruce, Turner, K. Bell, Billingsly, Carter, Campanaro
TE- Gronkowski, Rudolph, M. Williams, Swoope, Gathers
K- Gostkowski
DST- Carolina

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:11 pm

Telperion wrote:Ehh, nobody called Manziel a thug for his inebriated domestic incident. It's a bit unnecessarily racially charged.

Just a basic idiot.
I'm pretty sure Manziel didn't "lead police on a short car chase and then had to be forcefully removed from the vehicle by police via taser"...

Johnny goes out partying and drinks and bangs chicks that are on Leo DiCaprio and Adam Levine's level, he acts like an idiot 20yr old spoiled rich kid. I also haven't seen where Manziel has been arrested either.

People like you who are the first to bring up race are just annoying, I never said anything inferring that this was a race or culture issue.

thug
THəɡ/
noun
a violent person, especially a criminal.
synonyms: ruffian, hooligan, vandal, hoodlum, gangster, villain, criminal;
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

#WhoDat

Telperion
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Telperion » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:13 pm

bcoogan23 wrote:People like you who are the first to bring up race are just annoying, I never said anything inferring that this was a race or culture issue.
Thug is a racial and cultural term used to demean. I'm not saying you're racist, I'm just pointing out that it's racially charged language.

It's just how nobody ever says white athletes are "articulate", only black athletes.
- Don't waste your time on late round NFL draft picks: Success rates by NFL draft round and speed.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:17 pm

Telperion wrote:
bcoogan23 wrote:People like you who are the first to bring up race are just annoying, I never said anything inferring that this was a race or culture issue.
Thug is a racial and cultural term used to demean. I'm not saying you're racist, I'm just pointing out that it's racially charged language.

It's just how nobody ever says white athletes are "articulate", only black athletes.
You must be a big Obama supporter and a fan off CNN, huh?

So thug is now a black only term? You better go tell Bill Romanowski that

As intellectual as you seem on the forum I really believed you were smarter than how you are coming off right now.
, Goodson, Pullard,

#WhoDat

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:31 pm

Put it back in your pants boys. Race discussions is not usually one anyone wins.

Not that Mason had much positive going for him (behind Gurley, 2 years under contract left), but this makes things all the bleaker in terms of future opportunity. Sounds like a dumb dumb. Given his standard profile pic, I can't say I'm surprised. Would never call someone on it before they get in trouble, but not surprised when they align afterwards...

Telperion
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Telperion » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:39 pm

bcoogan23 wrote:
Telperion wrote:

You must be a big Obama supporter and a fan off CNN, huh?

So thug is now a black only term? You better go tell Bill Romanowski that

As intellectual as you seem on the forum I really believed you were smarter than how you are coming off right now.
I'm actually no party, and I hate the news.

I just prefer player incidents to be discussed in non-racial terms, that's all.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:43 pm

Telperion wrote:I'm actually no party, and I hate the news.

I just prefer player incidents to be discussed in non-racial terms, that's all.
Nothing was said about race until you brought it up. If a white player pulled this same stunt today I'd call it thuggish behavior as well.
, Goodson, Pullard,

#WhoDat

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:07 pm

making a plausible denial is not the same as being innocent ...... and you remember that the next time you are splitting hairs with someone or making a wild generalization .
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

hailtoyourvictor
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby hailtoyourvictor » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:15 pm

Telperion wrote:

Oh jeez. Leave politics off fantasy sports forums for goodness sake. No one mentioned race until you came in the thread. Nothing is worse than P.C. police looking from trouble where there really isn't anything.

Titus Young's Lawyer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Titus Young's Lawyer » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:01 pm

bcoogan23 wrote:
Telperion wrote:Ehh, nobody called Manziel a thug for his inebriated domestic incident. It's a bit unnecessarily racially charged.

Just a basic idiot.
I'm pretty sure Manziel didn't "lead police on a short car chase and then had to be forcefully removed from the vehicle by police via taser"...

Johnny goes out partying and drinks and bangs chicks that are on Leo DiCaprio and Adam Levine's level, he acts like an idiot 20yr old spoiled rich kid. I also haven't seen where Manziel has been arrested either.

People like you who are the first to bring up race are just annoying, I never said anything inferring that this was a race or culture issue.

thug
THəɡ/
noun
Johnny gets drunk and then breaks his girlfriend's eardrum, that is horrible behavior in my opinion. You're right that it is interesting how Manziel hasn't gotten arrested, in another incident he was pulled over after drinking and beating his girlfriend and was let off with no consequences...maybe your example proved the broader point.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:11 pm

Titus Young's Lawyer wrote: Johnny gets drunk and then breaks his girlfriend's eardrum, that is horrible behavior in my opinion. You're right that it is interesting how Manziel hasn't gotten arrested, in another incident he was pulled over after drinking and beating his girlfriend and was let off with no consequences...maybe your example proved the broader point.
You are completely right, Manziel wasn't arrested because he's a rich white kid from Texas, that's obviously the only reason why he hasn't been arrested.

Jesus, how f*cking dumb are some of you people?
, Goodson, Pullard,

#WhoDat

hailtoyourvictor
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby hailtoyourvictor » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:27 pm

Titus Young's Lawyer wrote:
bcoogan23 wrote:

Just a basic idiot.

thug
THəɡ/
noun
Johnny gets drunk and then breaks his girlfriend's eardrum, that is horrible behavior in my opinion. You're right that it is interesting how Manziel hasn't gotten arrested, in another incident he was pulled over after drinking and beating his girlfriend and was let off with no consequences...maybe your example proved the broader point.
Ray Lewis got away with murder because he is white.