Josh Donaldson is a genuinely good dude (Baseball thread)

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Josh Donaldson is a genuinely good dude (Baseball thread)

Postby Coogan Football » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:31 am

Dookmariot wrote:His touchdown rate to this point has been 7th inning of the Jays/Rangers game nutty. Two TDs on three carries for six yards?

It's really encouraging to see him pound the ball inside. This is going to be a bumpy year (Arians is on him, and he's going to be stuck behind CJ and Ellington) but the potential here is tantalizing.
Hahaha I agree will both. That game in Toronto yesterday was nuts? You a Bluejay's fan?
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Re: David Johnson Ari RB

Postby Dookmarriot » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:37 am

Yeah...been a fan of the Jays since Danny Freakin' Ainge was the shortstop.

Last night was the wringer. Insane ups and downs. If you watch enough baseball, you can feel it in your bones when things are about to go crazy. I really feel for Texas fans today...as awesome as Bautista's home run felt for Jays fans, I know how big of a gut punch that must have been for those rooting for the Rangers.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:16 am

Dookmariot wrote:Yeah...been a fan of the Jays since Danny Freakin' Ainge was the shortstop.

Last night was the wringer. Insane ups and downs. If you watch enough baseball, you can feel it in your bones when things are about to go crazy. I really feel for Texas fans today...as awesome as Bautista's home run felt for Jays fans, I know how big of a gut punch that must have been for those rooting for the Rangers.
That's pretty cool, I'm sure you've been happy all season. I couldnt belivee that incident with Choo's bat and the run counting, I thought that it was crazy they would allow something like that to happy in such a huge game, MLB avoided a nightmare once Jose hit that bomb.

Josh Donaldson was my neighbor and best friend growing up. We still are good friends now it's just harder now since he's been playing ball in Oakland and Toronto for the last 4 years. We when get up after the season is over I'll try to get something signed for you. I don't watch much baseball anymore other to see him play of course, I'm excited he could be in the World Series in 2 weeks.

He is a Bengals fan (big Marshall Faulk fan back in his Colts days) and also plays fantasy football :thumbup:
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

#WhoDat

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:12 pm

He seems like a very cool dude. I was obviously a big fan of his game when he played in Oakland. When the trade went down, I couldn't believe it. "We got Donaldson? For Lawrie, Gravemann and Nolin? Seriously?"

Everything you hear from the team is that he's a great guy, but no bullsh*t - he gives it his all every play, and you'd better bust your butt too. That the Jays have finally played up to their potential this year is due in no small part to his influence. But the thing that makes me love him the most is stuff like this:

Taken after last night's game, when you're sure he would be worn out. And there he is to take pictures with kids.

No need to get anything autographed, but thanks for the offer! My little guy is at an age where he'd probably just try to chew anything you sent along! Just tell him from a lifelong Jays fan it's a privilege to watch him play. He's one of the best in the game.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:06 pm

Thats awesome. He's just like that in real life. Both our moms were single moms growing up and its almost like we both had 2 moms, His mom treated me like her other child and my mom did the same. Hes always been humble and greatful for everything, his mom instilled that in us both and he definetly got his crazy work ethic from her. Hes always been a great friend and super loyal and he has a very small circle outside of his teammates. For the record, I've struck him out over 100 times when we played 1on1 whiffle ball in his mom's frony yard! Lol. I'm gonna send him a text of this picture, he'll probably get a kick out of it.

He loves it in Toronto, you guys got him for a steal. I'm gonna go up there next season and watch him play at Rogers, that place seems insane. now you guys just gotta pay my boy next year when his contract is up! :dance:
, Goodson, Pullard,

#WhoDat

_stl_rams_fan_
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby _stl_rams_fan_ » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:42 pm

Just to butt into this convo but that kid is now famous for gifting the Blue Jays homerun lol, hope you guys got to see the video cause it's hilarious
12 team dynasty/devy: (0.33 ppr RB) (0.66 ppr WR)
30 roster spots - Start: 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 SuperFLEX
QB - Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Matt Ryan, Jimmy Garoppolo
RB - David Johnson, Leonard Fournette, Miles Sanders Adrian Peterson, Damien Harris CJ Prosise, Ty Montgomery, Darren Sproles, Kallen Ballage, Chase Edmonds, Wayne Gallman, Kapri Bibbs, Bo Scarbough
WR - Michael Thomas, Antonio Brown, Calvin Ridley, Robert Woods, Alshon Jeffrey, Tyrell Williams, Adam Humphries, Danny Amendola, Allen Hurns, Rishard Matthews
TE - Delanie Walker, Jared Cook, Maxx Williams

Devy Picks - Leonard Fournette, Calvin Ridley, Bo Scarbough (gross), Miles Sanders (yep)

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:49 pm

_stl_rams_fan_ wrote:Just to butt into this convo but that kid is now famous for gifting the Blue Jays homerun lol, hope you guys got to see the video cause it's hilarious
Gifting which HR? The big Bautista one yesterday to take the lead?
, Goodson, Pullard,

#WhoDat

_stl_rams_fan_
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby _stl_rams_fan_ » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:57 pm

bcoogan23 wrote:
_stl_rams_fan_ wrote:Just to butt into this convo but that kid is now famous for gifting the Blue Jays homerun lol, hope you guys got to see the video cause it's hilarious
Yes haha watch this https://twitter.com/Benn2Ns/status/654432041224810496
12 team dynasty/devy: (0.33 ppr RB) (0.66 ppr WR)
30 roster spots - Start: 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 SuperFLEX
QB - Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Matt Ryan, Jimmy Garoppolo
RB - David Johnson, Leonard Fournette, Miles Sanders Adrian Peterson, Damien Harris CJ Prosise, Ty Montgomery, Darren Sproles, Kallen Ballage, Chase Edmonds, Wayne Gallman, Kapri Bibbs, Bo Scarbough
WR - Michael Thomas, Antonio Brown, Calvin Ridley, Robert Woods, Alshon Jeffrey, Tyrell Williams, Adam Humphries, Danny Amendola, Allen Hurns, Rishard Matthews
TE - Delanie Walker, Jared Cook, Maxx Williams

Devy Picks - Leonard Fournette, Calvin Ridley, Bo Scarbough (gross), Miles Sanders (yep)

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:00 pm

Hahaha that's awesome. He got famous for that and took a picture with josh on the same night...he's gonna be the talk of the whole middle school for a while lol
, Goodson, Pullard,

#WhoDat

dandizz
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby dandizz » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:09 am

I didnt think it was possible to like Donaldson more but after finding out that he came from a single family household and plays FF, I can safely say that I do. The guy is a stud, plain and simple. In the middle of the last series a reporter asked him why he was so confident about the jays coming back and he simply said "have you seen our lineup?". I have adopted that quote for my fantasy teams now. Thanks for posting those stories.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:14 am

dandizz wrote:I didnt think it was possible to like Donaldson more but after finding out that he came from a single family household and plays FF, I can safely say that I do. The guy is a stud, plain and simple. In the middle of the last series a reporter asked him why he was so confident about the jays coming back and he simply said "have you seen our lineup?". I have adopted that quote for my fantasy teams now. Thanks for posting those stories.

Ha ha ha that's funny, I didn't see that but I could def see him saying that, some people think he's cocky and a dick but he's just confident in what he tries to do and usually excels at things he puts his mind to. He was also a straight A student from 1st grade to college also. That's a ton more I could tell you about that would make you like the guy even more, I can't wait to play golf with him again in a few months when he comes back home for the off-season
, Goodson, Pullard,

#WhoDat

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:11 am

bcoogan23 wrote:He loves it in Toronto, you guys got him for a steal. I'm gonna go up there next season and watch him play at Rogers, that place seems insane. now you guys just gotta pay my boy next year when his contract is up!
Dude is gonna win the MVP in an arbitration year. Josh is gonna get PAID, and he's gonna deserve every penny.
_stl_rams_fan_ wrote:
bcoogan23 wrote:
Yes haha watch this https://twitter.com/Benn2Ns/status/654432041224810496
I didn't think I could have enjoyed Joey Bats' home run more, but the look on that kid's face after it happens is freakin' magic.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:25 am

Hopefully, he needs money to buy his mom the huge house she deserves and let her retire. "Shooooowwwwwww meeeeee the moneyyyyyy"
, Goodson, Pullard,

#WhoDat

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:07 pm

Are we still talking about baseball?
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:15 pm

As long as the Jays are in the playoffs, it's gonna be hard for me not to!