Josh Donaldson is a genuinely good dude (Baseball thread)

Politics, world events, under-water basket weaving, everything goes in this forum. Please keep it respectful at all times.
dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Josh Donaldson is a genuinely good dude (Baseball thread

Postby dlf_jules » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:23 pm

So these posts definitely don't belong in the David Johnson thread or on the dynasty discussion forum, but I couldn't make myself put them in Off-Topic.

If anyone complains, I will move this to Off-Topic. Until then, I put a warning in the subject line.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:45 pm

dlf_jules wrote:So these posts definitely don't belong in the David Johnson thread or on the dynasty discussion forum, but I couldn't make myself put them in Off-Topic.

If anyone complains, I will move this to Off-Topic. Until then, I put a warning in the subject line.
why not coogan isn't bashful about telling people they are posting in the wrong thread he waves his swastika covered billy club around regularly in his part time job moonlighting as the forum nazi
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:55 pm

OK, I'm going to classify that as a complaint and move this before it turns sour.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby AZK » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:17 pm

clarion contrarion wrote: why not coogan isn't bashful about telling people they are posting in the wrong thread he waves his swastika covered billy club around regularly in his part time job moonlighting as the forum nazi
This gave me a good laugh, thanks.
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

diesel
Starter
Starter

Postby diesel » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:39 pm

As a fellow Torontonian, all I'm going to post here is this...... :clap:

16 Team PPR IDP
QB- Jimmy G Rivers Foles
RB- Bell Elliott Conner Michel
WR- Mi.Thomas Thielen Diggs D.Johnson Hardman Jo.Brown Lazard
TE- Hurst Fant Olsen Howard

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: David Johnson Ari RB

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:47 pm

Dookmariot wrote:He seems like a very cool dude. I was obviously a big fan of his game when he played in Oakland. When the trade went down, I couldn't believe it. "We got Donaldson? For Lawrie, Gravemann and Nolin? Seriously?"

Everything you hear from the team is that he's a great guy, but no bullsh*t - he gives it his all every play, and you'd better bust your butt too. That the Jays have finally played up to their potential this year is due in no small part to his influence. But the thing that makes me love him the most is stuff like this:

Taken after last night's game, when you're sure he would be worn out. And there he is to take pictures with kids.

No need to get anything autographed, but thanks for the offer! My little guy is at an age where he'd probably just try to chew anything you sent along! Just tell him from a lifelong Jays fan it's a privilege to watch him play. He's one of the best in the game.
So wait, are you a Raider fan and a Jays fan?

I still remember being at the first WS game vs Atlanta in '92. AND when my dad gave game 6 tickets vs Philly to my aunt and uncle, so they could watch Carter hit the walk off... :wall:
:boohoo: :boohoo:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Re: David Johnson Ari RB

Postby Dookmarriot » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:06 pm

FantasyFreak wrote:

I still remember being at the first WS game vs Atlanta in '92. AND when my dad gave game 6 tickets vs Philly to my aunt and uncle, so they could watch Carter hit the walk off... :wall:
Yeah...heads are held a bit higher in 2015 than they have been in a long time for both teams.

My uncles were at Game 6. Lucky dudes. I was at the SkyDome for game 6 in 1992, watching the game on the Jumbotron. When they won, I decided (beer logic) to run to centerfield and make a catch like Devon White. Thing is, it's a looooong way out there, and I kept getting slower the closer I got. By the time I got to the fence, I made a leap...and found the wall didn't have as much give to it as TV made it look. I laid on the turf for a good three minutes afterwards. Good times!
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:10 am

Dookmariot wrote:
FantasyFreak wrote:

Yeah...heads are held a bit higher in 2015 than they have been in a long time for both teams.

My uncles were at Game 6. Lucky dudes. I was at the SkyDome for game 6 in 1992, watching the game on the Jumbotron. When they won, I decided (beer logic) to run to centerfield and make a catch like Devon White. Thing is, it's a looooong way out there, and I kept getting slower the closer I got. By the time I got to the fence, I made a leap...and found the wall didn't have as much give to it as TV made it look. I laid on the turf for a good three minutes afterwards. Good times!
That's hilarious. I didn't expect to find another Raiders and Jays fan on this forum. Things are certainly looking better than they have in a while....
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:15 am

FantasyFreak wrote:
Dookmariot wrote:
FantasyFreak wrote:

That's hilarious. I didn't expect to find another Raiders and Jays fan on this forum. Things are certainly looking better than they have in a while....
PhadedCN is a Raiders/Jays fan too. Three of us! Been a long two decades...
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:19 am

So he won the Hank Aaron award and also the Sporting News player of the year award this week so far. Pretty fitting from Hank Aaron is from our town as well. Hopefully he'll get the AL MVP in a few weeks!
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

JJDubya
MVP
MVP

Postby JJDubya » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:45 am

Dookmariot wrote:
FantasyFreak wrote:
PhadedCN is a Raiders/Jays fan too. Three of us! Been a long two decades...
Make that four of us. Was at Game 6 in 93 - partied with the Jays staff on the ramps of the SkyDome (which will never be named anything else to me) after the game. My Dad got blackout drunk - I had my license for like 3 weeks and had to carry him home after dealing with bumper to bumper traffic all the way home after midnight. Awesome stuff. Was also at the game in 89 when Canseco hit the crap out of that ball into the 500s. We had seats in the front row of left field right behind Junior Felix and let me tell you that ball was going up the whole time (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSGdfv13lwQ). I've never seen anything like it. Anyhow, this has been the best year to be a Jays/Raiders fan in a helluva long time. Jaider Nation, anyone?

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:38 pm

So far this season he's been awarded AL 3B Silver Slugger, Players choice player of the year, AL player of the year and he's an MVP candidate to be announced on Thursday night! :thumbup:
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

#WhoDat

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:07 pm

He won the AL MVP! Too bad I'm in Orlando or I'd be over there at his mom's house with all of them! It reminds me of when he was drafted back in 2007...his uncle and I immediately left their house and headed to every local store to look for Cubs hats within 20 mins of him being selected lol.
, Goodson, Pullard,

#WhoDat

diesel
Starter
Starter

Postby diesel » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:46 pm

Hey bcoogan23, what do you think of his new flow?

16 Team PPR IDP
QB- Jimmy G Rivers Foles
RB- Bell Elliott Conner Michel
WR- Mi.Thomas Thielen Diggs D.Johnson Hardman Jo.Brown Lazard
TE- Hurst Fant Olsen Howard

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:35 pm

Hahahahaha that he's still retarded. I wonder what his mom thinks of that!

Dude is nuts and always has been, I quite being surprised with things he did once we were about 16 years old
, Goodson, Pullard,

#WhoDat