Teddy B or Nick Foles

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Teddy B or Nick Foles

Postby jomaed » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:26 am

Who is the better stash moving forward? Do you see teams trading for/signing either of them next year with the intention of them be a starter?

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Re: Teddy B or Nick Foles

Postby moishetreats » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:02 am

Definitely Bridgewater. Bridgewater only lost a starting job because of a horrific injury. Foles lost his because of performance.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:42 am

I remember when people were asking for a 1st for Foles in superflex :crazy: I'd much rather stash Bridgewater unless you think you can sell Foles for a 2nd or something whenever he signs with another team.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:55 am

Teddy. On the chance Brees wins it all and retires, I do think Teddy would be their guy, which would be great for his value. If not, he is above Foles on the names of potetnial starting QB next season

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:57 am

I gave Foles for Woods during the offseason to a QB needy team. Ahh gotta love those.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:11 pm

I still have to imagine Foles' merit, whether you like it or not, will get signed by some needy team.

However, if I'm Foles, I'm content. I won a Super Bowl and now am a backup for good...tough gig to pass up LOL.

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:45 am

You guys really think one of the QB-needy teams wouldn't sign a recent super bowl winning QB as their starter? Especially if he gets the Eagles into the playoffs again.

Betting Foles lands a starting gig somewhere. Minimally as a bridge QB to a top drafted QB. He's got value in superflex.

jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jomaed » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:54 am

pvillebiker wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:45 am You guys really think one of the QB-needy teams wouldn't sign a recent super bowl winning QB as their starter? Especially if he gets the Eagles into the playoffs again.

Betting Foles lands a starting gig somewhere. Minimally as a bridge QB to a top drafted QB. He's got value in superflex.
When this thread was created, the Foles hype was way down because many thought he was content being a backup in Philly. Since then he became the started, won 3 straight games, and now Philly has said they unlikely to keep him around. It seems very likely that one of the QB needy teams takes Foles to be a starter. Id like to see him go to in order:

NYG
Jacksonville
Cinci
Denver
Washinghton

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:00 am

I think it's more realistic to see Foles become something again instead of Bridgewater. And I believed this even before Foles helped save Philly's season.

In reality, Bridgewater's recovery and return have been a great story and thing to see but I was never high on him being a "great" QB while in Minnesota...and I never saw him as a "great" fantasy QB either.

If you're desperate for a QB and you're able to take both...sure, there really aren't any other QBs that may get their shot in FA or on a roster right now. But if you had to select one, Foles all day.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:37 am

I'd sell Foles very quickly for a mid 2nd or better if he gets a starting gig somewhere.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

ascherb
Starter
Starter

Postby ascherb » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:06 am

Vikings homer here.

Bridgewater was mediocre at best during his entire tenure in Minnesota, and I actually think the injury (while obviously tragic for Teddy himself) preserved his perceived value in the eyes of the national audience, including the OP who stated Teddy only lost his job due to injury.

In the short term, yes, that’s correct. Teddy was still very young, and the team was seemingly trending upwards under his leadership.

But the Vikings passing offense in 2014 and 2015 was awful. Was it all Teddy’s fault. No. BUT there were scarcely any true flashes of brilliance to go with the normal pitfalls of being a rookie QB in the NFL. There just simply wasn’t much to see besides a ton of safe throws and 3 and outs, but not a lot of mistakes, allowing AP and the Vikings defense to win games which helped mask Teddy’s shortcomings... so many fans locally went with the “the only stat I care about is winning” when praising Teddy for winning the game with a 170 yard 0 TD stat line.

My point is that even before the injury Teddy was questionable in my eyes as an NFL starter, and now the injury and the long layoff.

Give me Foles.
Please give us a visit for awesome FF content:

extrapointff.com

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:32 am

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... 20m-option

Looks like the Eagles are likely to try pick up his option - smart move if those options outlined are correct.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

mrunge340
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby mrunge340 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:48 am

Quick answer: Foles

Longer answer: As a Vikings fan, I love me some TeddyB, but he's a guy who just finds ways to win football games. He will NOT win you any fantasy awards. He's just not a good fantasy QB. For that reason, I have to say Foles, who has at least shown flashes of fantasy relevance. That's better than 200 yds a game and maybe 1 TD (Look up Teddy's best season).

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:56 am

The way that Foles played the last two seasons, I don't see him being a "One and Done" if he isn't great. But I doubt his leash will be incredibly long.

Bridgewater, I see his leash being non-existent if he were to go to Miami or Washington, etc. Should the team stink, because of Bridgewater or simply team/franchise dysfunction...he'd get replaced the next year in a heartbeat...or that's what I think at least.