Baker and Kenny G

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
msbutterfield885
Role Player
Role Player

Baker and Kenny G

Postby msbutterfield885 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:16 pm

I hadn't been on in a while and forgot this section was here before I posted in team advice.

Hi all.I had to start a rebuild on this 10 team 2qb roster and have a handful of pieces, but may be able to add Kenny Golladay. I am currently 5-4 and in the last playoff spot. I have no misconceptions about trying to win and am shocked that this roster has already won 5 games to be honest.

This owner is one of the few that values qbs. I was able to get Rosen and Mayfield at 2.01 and 2.03 last year, but it seems like more are coming around to the importance of the position now.

He is currently in first place, and he likes Baker. What is the deal to be made? Main pieces listed below. He is also looking for cheaper rb options. Thinking maybe I can include Martin here.

10 team ppr. 2qb, 2rb, 3wr, te, 2flex
My Team:
QB: Wentz, Newton, Luck, Mayfield, Rosen, Bridgewater
RB: Mixon, Duke, Carson, Crowell, Foreman, Martin, Gio, Warren
WR: Davis, Watkins, Sutton, Crowder, Coutee, Tre'Quan, Enunwa, Richardson, Dez, Cobb
TE: Kittle, Ebron, Everett
2019: 1,3,4,5
2020: 1,2,3,4,5

His team:
QB: Mahomes, Rivers, Beathard, Hill
RB: Hunt, Breida, Miller, Ekeler, Ito
WR: OBJ, Allen, Juju, Golladay, Hilton, MVS, Callaway
TE: Kelce, Njoku, Jonnu Smith
2019: 1,2,2,3,4,5
2020: 1,2,3,4,5

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Baker and Kenny G

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:20 am

I value Mayfield > 1.01 in 2QB. Since he's in 1st place, I doubt he'll give up any players he needs to contend. I'd try Golladay + Njoku + 2019 1st since both those players are assets increasing in value but bench players for his title run.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Baker and Kenny G

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:09 pm

Im in a similar situation with Baker in 2 QB. Have people that ask but no one willing to value him properly. He's my QB3 though so Im glad to hold, whereas I see a lot of QB talent on your roster and understand you need other holes filled.

I agree with Ditka about the 1.01 but he is going to be putting his lineup in some jeopardy in this deal because of the deep starting requirements. I like Golladay and Njoku as a start for you but the 1sts are probably late and wouldnt do a lot for me in this class.

Your opponent could also use RB help. See what he thinks of guys like Carson and Crowell that you would be more than happy to deal if it helps tack on a 1st or MVS.

Ultimately, Baker could be a hold and you could deal a guy like Luck or Cam for a massive haul. Your opponent could use one of those over a guy like Rivers, just depends if hes willing to pay up a player like OBJ. I assume he's not because no one ever pays for QB, even when you have to start 2. Good luck