Rookie Draft. Just switched to SF. Who to draft?

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
Han
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Rookie Draft. Just switched to SF. Who to draft?

Postby Han » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:15 am

Posted this in general team advice and haven't gotten any responses so figured I'd try here.

After Rodgers my QB situation is a dumpster fire. Prior to his injury last year I was in 1st place. After the injury...not so hot. We just switched to 1 of our 2 flex positions elligible to be Superflex, so I know that's what I need to focus on for this draft. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to watch anything this preseason so not sure which QB to target. I have 1.05, 2.05, 2.09, 3.05, 3.10, & 5.05

Im thinking Baker, Lamar, Darnold in that order based on availability for 1.05, then Rosen and Allen if by a miracle one is available at 2.05. If neither of those two are available is it too early for Rudolph here or try to wait until 2.09?

So I guess two questions, how do you rank the top 5 QBs, and would you take Mason Rudolph at 2.05 or wait until 2.09?

Thanks for the help
QB (1) - A.Rodgers,J.Love,W.Levis,B.Mayfield,Darnold,J.Brisset,Corral
RB (2) - Bijan,Charbonnet,R. Mostert, Zeke, Allgeier,K. Hunt,Hubbard, J.Ford, M. Gaskin
WR (2) - Nuk, M. Evans ,OBJ, T.Thornton, P. Nacua, K Boutte, P. Campbell Zaccheaus,W Fuller, Cobb, T.Patrick
TE (1) - Schultz, Hooper,Kmet,T.Kraft
SFlex (2) - any qb/rb/wr/te

0.25 PPR
12 team league, 37 player rosters + IR, 5 round rookie draft each year.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Rookie Draft. Just switched to SF. Who to draft?

Postby Servo » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:05 pm

Baker - not going to help your QB situation in 2018. If he does it may not be until the end of the season. IF, IF things go according to plan in Cleveland LOL.
Darnold/Rosen - I'd be comfortable taking either of these two guys. Personally, I was ready to take Darnold in my 2QB but he was taken at 1.05 and I took Rosen at 1.06. Both OL's aren't great but I think I feel more confident in Arizona as a team with Larry, Kirk, DJ and a decent defense.
------------------------
Jackson - still hasn't flashed throwing the ball, but obviously has as a runner.
------------------------
Allen - only taking him if I have nowhere else to go. I don't hate Allen but man, anyone respectable in the football analytics community has shown evidence to display the severe issue with Allen's production dating back to his HS days. Clearly there are statistical outliers but the NFL has seen a lot of guys like Allen before.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Rookie Draft. Just switched to SF. Who to draft?

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:36 pm

My rankings haven't changed yet although I have bumped up Allen from distant fifth to close fifth

1a Mayfield
1b Rosen

3 Jackson

4 Darnold

5 Allen

(Don't sleep on Lauletta as a late pick)