Mahomes Value 2QB

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
Rosenbluu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Mahomes Value 2QB

Postby Rosenbluu » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:10 am

Trying to see what his value is in a 2QB league, for Gridiron Greats in sig

Looking to shop him was talking to an owner who has Evans/KA/Arob/Cooper/Marvin at WR and Flacco/Smith at QB

Started talks and we were at
Cooper/2019 1st (mid to late)
for
Mahomes/Tevin/Gio

I thought this was pretty fair value but looking at ADP theres a larger difference between Mahomes and Cooper than the owner thought and now he is talking about Cooper for Mahomes/Sony/Tevin.... this is way to pricey in my eyes.

What should i be able to get in general for Mahomes?
12 Team PPR
QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex
QB: Mahomes/Jones
RB: Mixon/Chubb/Mostert/Burkhead/McKinnon
WR: Wilson/JuJu/Marquise/Mooney/Campbell/Dotson/Osborn/Julio/Tolbert/Shakir/Metchie
TE: Andrews/Hurst

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Mahomes Value 2QB

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:57 am

His value will differ depending on the league, but personally I value Mahomes > 1.01 in 2QB. I'd need Cooper + 2 1sts for him alone. No way I'd add Coleman + Bernard to him.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Rosenbluu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Rosenbluu » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:21 am

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:57 am His value will differ depending on the league, but personally I value Mahomes > 1.01 in 2QB. I'd need Cooper + 2 1sts for him alone. No way I'd add Coleman + Bernard to him.
Agreed, this league doesnt seem to value QBs all that much probably wont be able to get any fair value until the season starts.

I thought Mahomes = Cooper was pretty darn fair but was willing to pay alittle extra for him
12 Team PPR
QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex
WR: Wilson/JuJu/Marquise/Mooney/Campbell/Dotson/Osborn/Julio/Tolbert/Shakir/Metchie

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:52 pm

I came to get some others opinions on a potential trade and see that my trade partner has already made a stop here :)

Ditka, cooper and two 1sts? Based off of? Do you just not like cooper? Did he break your daughters heart? Steal your sons scholarship to bams? Seriously though.... Cooper is 20-30 spots ahead of mahomes in the rankings that ive looked at.... You think its worth giving two 1sts to move BACK 20-30 spots in rankings for a qb with 1 start under his belt.

Im not saying your wrong, just trying to understand your logic.

fantasyhermit
Starter
Starter

Postby fantasyhermit » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:05 pm

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:57 am His value will differ depending on the league, but personally I value Mahomes > 1.01 in 2QB. I'd need Cooper + 2 1sts for him alone. No way I'd add Coleman + Bernard to him.
I agree with this.
sloth8u wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:52 pm I came to get some others opinions on a potential trade and see that my trade partner has already made a stop here :)

Ditka, cooper and two 1sts? Based off of? Do you just not like cooper? Did he break your daughters heart? Steal your sons scholarship to bams? Seriously though.... Cooper is 20-30 spots ahead of mahomes in the rankings that ive looked at.... You think its worth giving two 1sts to move BACK 20-30 spots in rankings for a qb with 1 start under his belt.

Im not saying your wrong, just trying to understand your logic.
I'm not Ditka, but I do agree with him. QB is more valuable in SF, and while both are young Mahomes should play at a high level for longer than Cooper. Cooper has disappeared for games at a time, and Oakland looks like a situation to avoid this season. Mahomes only has 1 start, but he has a good arm and great talent around him. He's also had an entire off-season for the hype train to pick up steam.
Team 1:
12 team SF PPR/2PPR TE Prem, .2 ppc
Q-SF-R-W-F-F-F-F-T-T
QB: Wilson, Cousins, Fitz, Flacco, Lock
RB: Jacobs, CEH, DJ, Dillon, Michel, Royce, Lewis, Bruce Anderson, Gus, Warren
WR: MT, Amari, Kupp, Pittman, Miller, Agholor, John Brown, Enunwa, Foster, Wilson, Preston Williams, AB
TE: Kelce, Kittle, Tonyan, Davis, Dissly, Knox, T.Moss

Team 2:
Q-SF-R-R-W-W-F-F-T-T-D-K-IDP-IDP PPR
QB: Mahomes, TLaw, Darnold, Bridgewater
RB: Zeke, Swift, Singletary, Dillon, Mack, Penny, LMurray
WR: MT, DJ Moore, Sutton, Slayton, Tyler Boyd, Mims, Edwards, Van Jefferson, Miller
TE: Gesicki, Hooper, Knox
Def: Chi
K: Elliot
IDP: Bosa, LVE, Flowers

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:06 pm

Thanks for the feedback fantasyhermit. If my leaguemates ignore rankings like the two of you suggest it looks like im going to have to build the qb corp through the draft.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:38 am

fantasyhermit wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:05 pm I'm not Ditka, but I do agree with him. QB is more valuable in SF, and while both are young Mahomes should play at a high level for longer than Cooper. Cooper has disappeared for games at a time, and Oakland looks like a situation to avoid this season. Mahomes only has 1 start, but he has a good arm and great talent around him. He's also had an entire off-season for the hype train to pick up steam.
This. Also, it's not even just superflex, it's 2QB. Young QBs with upside are worth gold in 2QB formats.
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

fantasyhermit
Starter
Starter

Postby fantasyhermit » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:45 am

sloth8u wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:06 pm Thanks for the feedback fantasyhermit. If my leaguemates ignore rankings like the two of you suggest it looks like im going to have to build the qb corp through the draft.
Happy to provide it where I can.
WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:38 am
fantasyhermit wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:05 pm I'm not Ditka, but I do agree with him. QB is more valuable in SF, and while both are young Mahomes should play at a high level for longer than Cooper. Cooper has disappeared for games at a time, and Oakland looks like a situation to avoid this season. Mahomes only has 1 start, but he has a good arm and great talent around him. He's also had an entire off-season for the hype train to pick up steam.
This. Also, it's not even just superflex, it's 2QB. Young QBs with upside are worth gold in 2QB formats.
Good catch. Not sure how I missed the 2QB (not SF) part. That tips this in favor of Mahomes even more.
Team 1:
Q-SF-R-W-F-F-F-F-T-T
WR: MT, Amari, Kupp, Pittman, Miller, Agholor, John Brown, Enunwa, Foster, Wilson, Preston Williams, AB

Team 2:
WR: MT, DJ Moore, Sutton, Slayton, Tyler Boyd, Mims, Edwards, Van Jefferson, Miller

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:07 am

is offering allen, evans, coop, arob and the two future 1's even worth offering for the high end qb's or are they untouchable? i figure if i have to pay that i might aswell shoot for someone who has an nfl td under their belt.

fantasyhermit
Starter
Starter

Postby fantasyhermit » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:04 am

sloth8u wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:07 am
is offering allen, evans, coop, arob and the two future 1's even worth offering for the high end qb's or are they untouchable? i figure if i have to pay that i might aswell shoot for someone who has an nfl td under their belt.
Wentz and Watson may be untouchable, depending on if the owner is an Eagles fan or thinks Watson is the next huge thing.

Who you could get with that really depends on how many QBs the other owner has. In 2QB you generally have to give a QB to get one. See if there is an owner with 4+ QBs. If there is, pick the one you like best and make an offer of Cooper and the two 1's, if you are willing to pay that. Be ready to negotiate though.

Edit: I will add, if you don't have to win this season, you could always wait until a starting qb gets a season ending injury and target them in a trade for 2019.
Or, depending on the rest of your roster, you also may want to consider just building through the draft. Both of these are cheaper options, it really just depends on your situation. If you do opt to trade for one now, a good (usually) cheap option is Bortles. He almost always puts up average or above average numbers, and most people have him ranked lower than his actual production.
Team 1:
Q-SF-R-W-F-F-F-F-T-T

Team 2:

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:14 am

im definately building... we are in year 3 and i invested heavily in wr in the start up with the thought that i could add qb as the years go by. owning evans, arob, allen, and gronk out of the start up cost me some futures and qb. i positioned myself to land my guys in our rookie draft this year but received an offer to land cooper for three 2nd's...and i took it...with the thought that i may miss my guys...(i would have missed my te). long story short...my build continues with cooper added to that mix from the start up.

i tried shopping gronk pretty hard in the rookie draft, but had no takers. im certainly not in "panic mode" with smith, flacco, and tanny...but i know that i have to add some young qb's for this to work.

id mention my rb's, but they are garbage :)

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:00 pm

sloth8u wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:07 am
No, that's an overpay for any single player lol. I'd say that if I owned Wilson or Rodgers in 2QB, I'd considering selling them for something along the lines of Jimmy Garoppolo + Tyreek Hill or Jared Goff + Brandin Cooks + 1st.

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:12 pm

Let's back up a second: Why are shopping Mahomes in the first place?
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

Rosenbluu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Rosenbluu » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:00 pm

moishetreats wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:12 pm Let's back up a second: Why are shopping Mahomes in the first place?
Well if you look at the team in sig Gridiron Greats there's alot of pieces im missing before being a contender. So i was looking to add another WR and start Jimmy/Brady for the year might actually have a shot.

Also there's deep starting reqs. i believe it's a total of 11 starters so depth is alot important. Was just shopping them out to see what I can get but seems like im not getting close to the value i should be getting.

Any advice on what to do with this team? It's an orphan i took earlier this summer and I've made a few moves already.
12 Team PPR
QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex

sunnyd23
Role Player
Role Player

Postby sunnyd23 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:35 am

If you don't believe you're a serious contender at this point, then why not shop Brady? Is there a team out there that would swap a younger QB and a piece or two? Or perhaps two QBs from a team that has them to spare?
10-team, Superflex, PPR, performance, 25-man roster
QB(Start 1-2): L.Jackson, S.Darnold, D.Carr
RB(2-3): J.Mixon, M.Mack, C.Edwards-Helaire, J.Taylor, J.K.Dobbins, A.J.Dillon, Z.Moss, L.Miller, , Ja.Williams, G.Bernard
WR(3-4): D.Hopkins, A.Cooper, A.Theilen, K.Golloday, C.Davis, L.Fitzgerald, Z.Pascal, M.Boykin
TE(1-2): D.Njoku, D.Waller
'21 - 1,4