rodgers trade

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.

which side ?

Cousins, Stafford, Keenan, 2019 1st
77%
Rodgers, Dak, Doctson, Allison, 19 2nd
23%

Total votes: 35

playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

rodgers trade

Postby playa_hata » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:25 pm

12 team PPR 5pt Passing TD superflex league team 1 in sig

I GET: Cousins, Stafford, Keenan, 2019 1st

I GIVE: Rodgers, Dak, Doctson, Allison, 19 2nd
12 team PPR SuperFlex start 9 (Same for each team)

TM1
QB: Rodgers, Rivers, Dak, Dalton, Smith
RB: Zeke, CMC, Jacobs, Chubb, Gore, Dearnest
WR: Davante Adams, Tyreek, Fuller, Aj Brown, AB, MVS, Fulgham, Ward, Fitz, Beasley, amendola, zaccheus
TE: Ertz, Engram, Fells

TM2
QB: Rodgers, Baker, Stafford, Bridgewater
RB:Kamara, Chubb, Hunt, Singletary
WR:M Evans,D Adams,Kupp, AJ brown, lockett, sanders,miller, Patrick, Robinson, Hamilton, Lasley, D.Robinson, Trey Quinn, Scantling, agholor
TE: Kelce, Rudolph, Irv smith, gronk, Burton

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Re: rodgers trade

Postby moishetreats » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:01 am

As of 5 votes, I am the only one to vote for the Rodgers side.

Here's why. You only start 9 players, so studs are key. As your team was, you're set at 7 or 8 positions, depending on you view CMC and Hill. And you have plenty of options to rotate your 9th player week-to-week.

Yes, depth is an issue. But, this trade barely helps. It improves your final starter to Allen, no doubt, but doesn't do much for depth. And the cost at QB is MASSIVE.

IMO, Dak is the second-best QB in this trade. But, let's presume that Dak is worst for a moment. He's still pretty close to the lesser of Cousins or Stafford. But, the difference between the stronger of those two and Rodgers is massive. Given the elite names being traded, the 2019 1st to 2nd is a loss but not a deal-breaker. I would MUCH rather have the combo of Rodgers and Dak than Cousins and Stafford, and it is nowhere near close for me. The upgrade from Doctson and Allison and from a 2nd to a 1st isn't nearly enough, IMO, to close the gap.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Postby playa_hata » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:22 am

moishetreats wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:01 am As of 5 votes, I am the only one to vote for the Rodgers side.

Here's why. You only start 9 players, so studs are key. As your team was, you're set at 7 or 8 positions, depending on you view CMC and Hill. And you have plenty of options to rotate your 9th player week-to-week.

Yes, depth is an issue. But, this trade barely helps. It improves your final starter to Allen, no doubt, but doesn't do much for depth. And the cost at QB is MASSIVE.

IMO, Dak is the second-best QB in this trade. But, let's presume that Dak is worst for a moment. He's still pretty close to the lesser of Cousins or Stafford. But, the difference between the stronger of those two and Rodgers is massive. Given the elite names being traded, the 2019 1st to 2nd is a loss but not a deal-breaker. I would MUCH rather have the combo of Rodgers and Dak than Cousins and Stafford, and it is nowhere near close for me. The upgrade from Doctson and Allison and from a 2nd to a 1st isn't nearly enough, IMO, to close the gap.
I appreciate you and youre time you put into this response!

TM1
WR: Davante Adams, Tyreek, Fuller, Aj Brown, AB, MVS, Fulgham, Ward, Fitz, Beasley, amendola, zaccheus

TM2
WR:M Evans,D Adams,Kupp, AJ brown, lockett, sanders,miller, Patrick, Robinson, Hamilton, Lasley, D.Robinson, Trey Quinn, Scantling, agholor

playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Postby playa_hata » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:22 pm

also i value tyreek as a wr1 and top dynasty asset but i dont value cmc much at all i could probably get keenan for cmc but would really deplete my little depth at rb

TM1

TM2

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:35 am

in a SF

Ill take Cousins, Stafford, Keenan, 2019 1st

Cousins and Stafford = Arod and Dak in my opinion.

Keenan and a 1st >>>>Doctson, Allison, 19 2nd

Id take it as a win
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:03 am

playa_hata wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:22 am
moishetreats wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:01 am As of 5 votes, I am the only one to vote for the Rodgers side.

I appreciate you and youre time you put into this response!

also i value tyreek as a wr1 and top dynasty asset but i dont value cmc much at all i could probably get keenan for cmc but would really deplete my little depth at rb
You're welcome!

And, if you could get Allen for CMC, then I'd do that in a second!! Allen is the only major asset on the other side that makes the initial trade worth considering, IMO.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

dhanks91
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dhanks91 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:17 pm

1.Rodgers
2. Stafford
3. Cousins
4. Dak.

Stafford is an under appreciated player who should get a bump in value based on Detroit’s commitment to the RB position. I think the 2019-1 should make up the gap to Rodgers. Getting Keenan for Doctson, Allison and a 2019-2 is the deciding factor here. This would give you 3 of the 5 best assets in this deal (stafford, cousins and Allen). Tough to give up Rodgers though