Where to go from here? (rip my team)

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Where to go from here? (rip my team)

Postby Blueboy » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:47 pm

Below is my roster in a 12-team SF league. PPR: 0.5 RB, 1 WR, 1.5 TE. There's also 0.25 PPC. Starters in bold. No 2019 1st or 2nd.

QB: Rodgers, Goff, Lamar Jackson, M. Rudolph, Kizer, Lauletta
RB: McCoy, Hyde, Chubb, Foreman, McGuire, Martin, Gore
WR: TY Hilton, ARob, Tyreek Hill, Cobb, Hurns, Coleman, Enunwa, J Matt, Z. Jones, Gabriel, T. Benjamin, Maclin
TE: OJ Howard, RSJ, Everett

This was my first team as a dynasty owner, with a startup at the beginning of the year. As such it's been victim to a few pretty bad trades, and I'm now feeling unsure of how to proceed. I'm strong at QB and WR, but my RB and TE groups are pretty middle of the road. My fear is that this team is missing just enough pieces to guarantee mediocrity for a number of years. I've tried to shop McCoy and Hilton, but nobody's interested in paying near fair value for either.

How would ya'll advise proceeding? Should I push to compete this year and hope my studs like Rodgers can flash? If my team needs a rebuild, how deep of a rebuild does it look like?

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

Ravenous
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Where to go from here? (rip my team)

Postby Ravenous » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:27 pm

I think you are about right with your assessment. This looks like a team that could be anywhere from 3-8 depending on how things break. Without any valuable 2019 picks, i'm not sure how you have valuable enough assets to go all in this year. Goff/Hill/Chubb seem to be your best bet to build around, if you can get premium for the likes of Arod/Hilton/McCoy, future 2nd/thirds for guys like hyde, cobb, hurns, enunwa during the season that may also help. Look for 1st NFL round guys that haven't lived up to expectations like Ross to acquire and aim for the future!
Too many teams and lineup changes to keep track of them all.

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:33 pm

Ravenous wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:27 pm I think you are about right with your assessment. This looks like a team that could be anywhere from 3-8 depending on how things break. Without any valuable 2019 picks, i'm not sure how you have valuable enough assets to go all in this year. Goff/Hill/Chubb seem to be your best bet to build around, if you can get premium for the likes of Arod/Hilton/McCoy, future 2nd/thirds for guys like hyde, cobb, hurns, enunwa during the season that may also help. Look for 1st NFL round guys that haven't lived up to expectations like Ross to acquire and aim for the future!
Thanks for the advice. This league sends out a lot of low ball offers, but I'm hoping to get regular value during the season.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

Gordon09
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Gordon09 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:41 pm

I think you have a pretty pessimistic view of this team, I don't think it's bad at all. Wouldn't set you as a favorite to win a championship or anything but there's enough talent there that I think you could have 2-3 of those bench guys exceed their ADP and become solid contributors for you and I really like the core with two top 10 QBs and Jackson who I think will rise to that level fairly quickly, especially in a .25 ppc league, Chubb, ARob, Hill and those TEs.

I wouldn't advise doing anything too drastic right now. Nobody is interested in trading for veterans this time of the year, especially fresh off a startup draft when everyone is in youth mode, which is why you're getting mostly low ball offers. I've even found with a guy like Cobb who I have in one start-up, nobody is really interested in paying market value even with him being thrown around as a "sleeper" everywhere in the industry.

You also have a ton of guys with depressed ADP's right now with pedigree to quickly repair that with 1-2 strong games (Hilton, McCoy, Hyde, Martin, Coleman, Hurns, Enunwa, Matthews, Jones, etc).

I'd let it play out a little bit and adjust in-season. If you want to flip some of these guys, it'll be easier when everyone shifts focus to scoring fantasy points rather than building the best young team. I'm confident enough in Jackson that I might consider trading Rodgers for a haul (younger QB + multiple 1st's) if your team is looking real bad in season.