OBJ vs QB

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

OBJ vs QB

Postby jomaed » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:09 am

How much would need to be added on to lets say a Goff/Mariota type of QB to get OBJ? Would a player like Diggs or Tyreek or Gordan be enough?

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Re: OBJ vs QB

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:26 am

I think it would come down to how owners value these players. For example, I would probably sell Beckham for Goff + Hill. However, I probably wouldn't sell for Mariota + Diggs.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Mefisto
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mefisto » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:25 am

It seems that in the last couple of years QB's have been seeing a devaluing in 2QB and superflex leagues. Just look at 2QB dynasty rankings right now, in the past there would be 4+ QB's at least in the top 10 of those rankings, usually Luck/Rodgers in the top 3 even. Right now, DLF doesn't even have a single QB in it's top 10 in the 2QB rankings, that's insane!

I think this is the result of 2 things: (1) the issues that sure fire top QB's like Rodgers and Luck have had in the last 2 years; and (2) the overvaluing over young QB's who perform well early, expecting too much too soon. Examples of #2 include Winston, Mariota and Carr. After year 1 they were all valued as top 10 dynasty QB's, everyone was expecting them to only trend up. They have struggled and now the values of players like Wentz, Goff and Watson are deflated as a result.

Personally, I see Goff as having a Stafford floor. He's playing in a market that cares about flash and points. They ARE going to surround him with offensive talent and he's going to do well, if because of pedigree (job security) and volume if nothing else. IMO Goff gives you a top 10 QB for about 15 years right now. In looking at Goff for OBJ, I would not be adding much to Goff to get OBJ in a MUST START 2 QB league. Definitely not a player of Diggs' caliber. I have a feeling that QB values are going to bounce back in a year or 2 (similar to RB values in the last couple years).

So to answer your question, I wouldn't add much of anything to Goff to get an OBJ. However, with Mariota, I'm a little more worried because of his injuries, and would feel Mariota + Diggs or Hill is probably fair. This is all strictly for must start 2QB leagues though. In superflex, this becomes a different story.
12 Team Non-PPR league. 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1RB/WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DL, 1LB, 1DB, 2DL/LB/DB
QB: Brady, Stafford, Mariota, Tannehill
RB: L. Miller, A. Collins, K. Drake, R. Freeman, K. Dixon, D. Foreman, D. Murray, J. Allen, Gore
WR: Hopkins, ARob, S. Diggs, D. Parker, M. Lee, J. Matthews, T. Lockett, D. Pettis, Callaway
TE: T. Kelce, E. Ebron, C. Brate
K: Bailey, Coons, Boswell
DL: D. Hunter, R. Quinn, D. Lawrence
LB: Von Miller, A. Ogletree, B. Wagner T. Edmunds
DB: H. Smith, J. Cyprien, L. Collins
2017 Superbowl Champion

10 Team PPR League. Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 1Superflex, 1Flex, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 3DFlex
QB: Luck, Goff, Trubisky, Prescott, Tannehill
RB: Gurley, Mixon, Barkley, D. Foreman
WR: Kupp, Cooper, C. Davis, Parker, T. Lockett, Kupp, W. Fuller, Sutton, John Brown, Callaway
TE: Kelce, Burton
DL: D. Lawrence, Ogunjobi, Ansah, M. Davenport
LB: L. Kuechly, T. Smith, Kiko Alonso, T. Edmunds, J. Smith, R. Foster
DB: Clinton-Dix, D. James, T. Edmunds, M. Jenkins

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:22 am

I would agree, in a SF QB's value is a little devalued because you don't need to start 2 QBS. you can get away with a last year Michael Crabtree, or someone who can give you 1-15 pts a week with a 25-28 pt celling.

I personally don't cry to hard when trading a QB. Now trading a Elite talent OBJ, who can get you 18-22 pts a week with a celling of 40+ ill take that all day, that's why id want more if im trading him, any giving week he can outscore 2 starters players quite easily
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh