Bankroll Startup - End Vet Restults - On to Rook

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
NickGB
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Bankroll Startup - End Vet Restults - On to Rook

Postby NickGB » Sun May 27, 2018 2:02 pm

This is a Superflex team and I kind of did a lot of moving around mortgaged a bit of the future for a star-studded roster (Traded my 2019 1st and 2nd round picks) as well as traded my 2018 (250) rookie funds for $185 startup (Thought that was a bargain). I still have approximately $100 to roll over into the Rookie Draft to target some players and I expect a huge bidding war on the 2 copies of Barkley. Anyways! Here's the end results:

QB1: Cam Newton
QB2: Deshaun Watson
QB3: Patrick Mahomes

RB1: Todd Gurley
RB2: David Johnson
RB3: Alvin Kamara

WR1: De'Andre Hopkins
WR2: T.Y. Hilton
WR3: Alshon Jeffrey
WR4: Amari Cooper
WR5: Albert Wison
WR6: Kevin White

TE1: Greg Olsen
TE2: O.J. Howard

I'm pretty much done making moves until the Rookie Auction rolls around. Anyways, I'm pretty happy with the current turn out. However, there were a couple other teams that mirrored this same strategy, one of which is in my division. I'm a little worried about my RB depth but it's a Start 8 League, so I think I should be fine. Let me know what ya'll think or if you disagree with mortgaging the future to build a roster like this in a bankroll league. I have full intentions of trading a few pieces in season to acquire additional pieces assuming I can locate the proper trade candidates.
Team 1: SF/2TE/PPR

QB:Joe Burrow, Tua Tagovailoa, Teddy Bridgewater, Baker Mayfield, Jordan Love, Trevor Lawrence*
RB: De'Andre Swift, Johnathan Taylor, Ronald Rones
WR: Odell Beckham Jr, Mike Evans, A.J. Brown, D.J. Moore, Christian Kirk, Anthony Miller, Ja'Marr Chase*
TE: George Kittle, Hayden Hurst, Albert O, Brevin Jordan*

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Bankroll Startup - End Vet Restults - On to Rook

Postby ArrylT » Mon May 28, 2018 7:45 am

I dont think you entirely mortgaged the future, maybe just got a loan. To me mortgaging thats more when you trade /sell your future 1sts constantly for Veterans who may or may not remain productive. I dont see any Jordy Nelsons, Julian Edelmans or such and your core looks to be in the 24-27 range for the most part so I think you can easily ride out not having 2019 picks. Plus you did keep some $ to buy cheap dart throws and add some depth.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Bankroll Startup - End Vet Restults - On to Rook

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Tue May 29, 2018 8:09 am

That's a pretty stacked team. Nice job.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd