Chad Kelly and Chad Williams vs Robert Woods

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.

Which for a crap team

Chads
No votes
Woods
100%

Total votes: 9

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Chad Kelly and Chad Williams vs Robert Woods

Postby hockeyBjj » Mon May 14, 2018 5:45 am

Team is below. Absolutely ugly orphan I took over this offseason. Just dreadful and the league is very inactive in offseason so haven't been able to do crap to improve it. Got an offer this morning of Chad Kelly, QB Den, and Chad Williams, WR ARI, for Robert Woods of the Rams. Seems a no brainer to accept, unless I missed something and people think Kelly will win the starting job over Keenum?

QB, SF, 2RB, 2WR, 2TE, 3Flex, ppr

QB- Flacco, Manning, McCown, Chad Kelly
RB- Bell, Ingram, Prosise, Perine, Blount, Ware, Rawls, D Williams, McNichols, Breida, Carson, Langford
WR- Godwin, Hogan, Edelman, Cobb, John Brown, Boldin, Roger Lewis, Chad Williams, Andre Holmes, Aldrick Robinson,
TE- Gates, Dion Sims, Lance Kendricks
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Chad Kelly and Chad Williams vs Robert Woods

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Mon May 14, 2018 7:40 am

Did you accept yet?
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Mon May 14, 2018 8:30 am

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 7:40 am Did you accept yet?
Yeah. Was one of those too good to be true offers that show up in your inbox so it feels like a trap and I somehow missed something big
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash

picks-
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Mon May 14, 2018 8:32 am

hockeyBjj wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 8:30 am
WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 7:40 am Did you accept yet?
Yeah. Was one of those too good to be true offers that show up in your inbox so it feels like a trap and I somehow missed something big
:thumbup: I think every league just has a Chad Kelly truther for some inexplicable reason. I'd stash Kelly for the right price, but Woods >>> Kelly
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon May 14, 2018 2:01 pm

I am the owner that made the offer.

Like him, I took over an orphan in a SF league (run by Phaded), and the orphan is a pretty hot mess, apart from a nice QB core of Goff, Garoppolo and Dalton.

I've always liked Chad Kelly since I first heard about him, and I follow Cecil Lamney on Twitter (Broncos beat writer / Footballguys) and the reports from him coming out of Denver are pretty positive in regards to his health, work ethic and desire to become a starting QB. Hes not going to beat out Keenum for the starting job - but I wouldnt be surprised if he beats out Lynch. He's building a connection with the Broncos future core - Freeman, Hamilton and Sutton. So 2 years from now if things keep moving in the right direction - he could very well be the Broncos starter in 2020. Stranger things have happened as witnessed by the rise of guys like Thielen, Keenum and Cameron Meredith.

Getting back to the hot mess - I didnt really have much I felt comfortable trading that I though would be strong enough for him to accept - and I wanted to make sure it was a strong offer but I wasnt giving up anything that I felt hurt my team long term.

Thats where Woods came into play. The last time his ADP was this high was 2014. It went on a slow and steady decline ever since early 2014. Last year before his trade to LA, he was lucky to be sold for a 4th. I've had no takers for Woods since I took over the team, and Cooks & Kupp could conceivably make Woods WR3 (and target 4) on that team. Another sub 800 yard performance and his value could conceivably crash again. Yes I know his season was shortened by injury - but thats another knock on Woods - because he's only played 1 full season in his career.

Since my strength is QB - I'm going to do what some would call building on your strength - and if Kelly can become a starter in 2 years time, I'll ideally have 4 starting QBs all of whom will be in their prime (Dalton will be the elder statesman at 32). If it doesnt pan out - what exactly have I lost? Is Woods truly going to be a WR1? Maybe a perennial WR3/4 but that doesnt help me much in SF if my WR1 is a guy who is WR30-36 overall. You can buy guys like that when it comes time to contend.

If I am wrong about both - then I am wrong about both - but Woods on his own just isnt commanding a lot on the trade market - and I rather own a guy I believe in, than a guy whose value has yo-yo'd for the past few years.

http://apps.dynastyleaguefootball.com/p ... bert_Woods
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Mon May 14, 2018 7:51 pm

ArrylT wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 2:01 pm I am the owner that made the offer.

Like him, I took over an orphan in a SF league (run by Phaded), and the orphan is a pretty hot mess, apart from a nice QB core of Goff, Garoppolo and Dalton.

I've always liked Chad Kelly since I first heard about him, and I follow Cecil Lamney on Twitter (Broncos beat writer / Footballguys) and the reports from him coming out of Denver are pretty positive in regards to his health, work ethic and desire to become a starting QB. Hes not going to beat out Keenum for the starting job - but I wouldnt be surprised if he beats out Lynch. He's building a connection with the Broncos future core - Freeman, Hamilton and Sutton. So 2 years from now if things keep moving in the right direction - he could very well be the Broncos starter in 2020. Stranger things have happened as witnessed by the rise of guys like Thielen, Keenum and Cameron Meredith.

Getting back to the hot mess - I didnt really have much I felt comfortable trading that I though would be strong enough for him to accept - and I wanted to make sure it was a strong offer but I wasnt giving up anything that I felt hurt my team long term.

Thats where Woods came into play. The last time his ADP was this high was 2014. It went on a slow and steady decline ever since early 2014. Last year before his trade to LA, he was lucky to be sold for a 4th. I've had no takers for Woods since I took over the team, and Cooks & Kupp could conceivably make Woods WR3 (and target 4) on that team. Another sub 800 yard performance and his value could conceivably crash again. Yes I know his season was shortened by injury - but thats another knock on Woods - because he's only played 1 full season in his career.

Since my strength is QB - I'm going to do what some would call building on your strength - and if Kelly can become a starter in 2 years time, I'll ideally have 4 starting QBs all of whom will be in their prime (Dalton will be the elder statesman at 32). If it doesnt pan out - what exactly have I lost? Is Woods truly going to be a WR1? Maybe a perennial WR3/4 but that doesnt help me much in SF if my WR1 is a guy who is WR30-36 overall. You can buy guys like that when it comes time to contend.

If I am wrong about both - then I am wrong about both - but Woods on his own just isnt commanding a lot on the trade market - and I rather own a guy I believe in, than a guy whose value has yo-yo'd for the past few years.

http://apps.dynastyleaguefootball.com/p ... bert_Woods
Wait that’s you!?! I know we’re in the startup superflex league together I’m commissioning. Didn’t know you were in this one as well. Cool

picks-
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5