Trading Gronk in 2QB

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
Oh Yeah Leon
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Trading Gronk in 2QB

Postby Oh Yeah Leon » Fri May 04, 2018 12:13 pm

Team IS NOT in sig. Picked up an orphan, QB's are Wilson, Eli, Tyrod, Brissett. TE's are Gronk, Walker, Rudolph, ASJ. I draft at 1.9, so I assume the rookie QB's will be gone. What should Gronk get me? Is Good or Dak too lofty?
10tm Superflex-Start 2TE Dynasty, 0.5ppr, 34 man rosters w/2IR slots
Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 1(QB, RB, WR, TE), 1(RB, WR, TE)

QB's: Mahomes, LJax, Garoppolo, Huntley, Minshew, O'Connell
RB's: Chubb, Ekeler, Mixon, Gibbs, Bigsby, Tucker, Latavius, J. Hill, C. Reynolds, D. Jackson
WR's: Kupp, Tyreek, Hopkins, Kennan Allen, Flowers, R. Rice, Cooks, Zay Jones, Bourne, X. Hutchinson, Boutte, C. Austin, Hodgins
TE's: Goedert, Waller, LaPorta, Schultz, J. Ferguson, Schoonmaker, Granson

2024 picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd
2025 picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

2023 :thumbdown:
2021 League Champ :dance:
2020 2nd place
2019 League Champ :dance:
2018 League Champ :dance:

akbfrosty
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Trading Gronk in 2QB

Postby akbfrosty » Sat May 05, 2018 9:42 am

There's a few things with this. First and foremost, I wouldn't assume all the first round QBs are gone by 1.09. Josh Allen in particular has been lasting until the early 2nd in a lot of leagues and mocks I've seen. Even the 4th QB (that can vary depending on the draft) might be available at 1.09. So, if your whole motivation for trading Gronk is to get younger at the QB position because you don't think you'll get one in the draft, don't trade him right now.

Second, your trade partner has to be in the right situation to actually want Gronk. The retirement rumors coupled with the injury history make him only appealing to teams missing tight ends that are also win-now. If the Goff or Dak owners are built around youth, I think it'd be a poor idea to give up what could be a franchise QB for 2-ish years of Gronk. If you can convince them, more power to you.

If you want more youth/depth, I'd be looking at getting into the end of the 1st and early 2nd of this years draft. With the 5 QBs, there's a ton of talent down there. Gronk for rookies could be more appealing to owners rather than a 1 for 1 involving a more established QB.