Price Difference between Matt Ryan and Jared Goff

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
Easy Breesy
Captain
Captain

Price Difference between Matt Ryan and Jared Goff

Postby Easy Breesy » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:42 pm

Hey guys, this is for team 1 in sig. I'm trting to get younger and was wondering what the difference between Ryan and Goff is? Who should I package with Ryan to send a fair offer? Other team has Gronk, Witten, and Fells at TE and is a playoff contender IMO. I was thinking of sending Burton and Ryan for Goff. What do you guys think?
16 team Tiered PPR league, TE Premium, 52 man roster, 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1W/R, 1TE/W, Full IDP
QB- Russ, Justin Herbert
RB- Antonio Gibson Ty Johnson, David Johnson Lat Murray
WR- Davante Adams, Allen Robinson, DJ Moore, Cordarelle Patterson,
TE- Hockeson, , Jonnu Smith, Firkser, Logan Thomas

wingnutty
Starter
Starter

Re: Price Difference between Matt Ryan and Jared Goff

Postby wingnutty » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:36 pm

That's not close in my book. Goff is quite a bit higher than Ryan. That offer is an immediate decline with an eyeroll.

Easy Breesy
Captain
Captain

Postby Easy Breesy » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:40 pm

wingnutty wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:36 pm That's not close in my book. Goff is quite a bit higher than Ryan. That offer is an immediate decline with an eyeroll.
Okay this is helpful, what if I included Ryan, Burton, and one of my 2019 1sts? I have 3 for next year as of right now
16 team Tiered PPR league, TE Premium, 52 man roster, 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1W/R, 1TE/W, Full IDP
QB- Russ, Justin Herbert

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:52 am

Unless you're really confident in your valuation of the two, I'm not sure now is a good time to sell Ryan for Goff. Just last season Ryan was QB1 and Goff was awful. Now this season Ryan predictably regressed and Goff looked much better, but with recency bias you're selling very low on Ryan and buying high on Goff.

That could still work out, obviously, if Ryan keeps getting worse and Goff turns into a stud. But generally I think Ryan is a hold right now.

wingnutty
Starter
Starter

Postby wingnutty » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:52 pm

jeffster wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:52 am Unless you're really confident in your valuation of the two, I'm not sure now is a good time to sell Ryan for Goff. Just last season Ryan was QB1 and Goff was awful. Now this season Ryan predictably regressed and Goff looked much better, but with recency bias you're selling very low on Ryan and buying high on Goff.

That could still work out, obviously, if Ryan keeps getting worse and Goff turns into a stud. But generally I think Ryan is a hold right now.
I would actually agree with this assessment. I'm not sure I would be selling Ryan right now. In 2 recent auctions he went really cheap, like 1/2 the price of Goff. I'm not sure he is actually 1/2 as valuable, esp not from a ppg standpoint. I think it would take ryan + 1st to get goff and I'm not sure I'd pay that price right now. I think Ryan still has a lot of decent football left.

gunzwil guinea pigs
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gunzwil guinea pigs » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:29 am

I hold at the moment, ryan should bounce back a bit and goff could easily regress this upcoming season
2QB-Dynasty - 10 Team standard scoring - 30man roster
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, K, D/ST

QB: Joe Burrow, Jalen Hurts, Matthew Stafford, Mike White, Dorian Thompson-Robinson, Marcus Mariota
RB: Breece Hall, Tony Pollard, Najee Harris, Joe Mixon, Rashaad Penny, Damien Harris
WR: CeDee Lamb, Garrett Wilson, Stefon Diggs, Devonta Smith, Terry McLaurin, George Pickens, Calvin Ridley, Zay Flowers, Robert Woods, John Metchie, Marvin Mims
TE: Kyle Pitts, Irv Smith, Trey McBride
K: Tyler Bass
D/ST: Browns, Washington, Packers

Picks 2024: 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
Picks 2025: 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
Picks 2026: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

pokerplayer1000
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerplayer1000 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:19 pm

I am going to pile on here. I think Ryan's 2016 season was a bit of an anomaly for him, but he has been a consistent QB2 in the SFLEX/2QB format. More than likely if you own him you are playing him every week. Granted Goff had a very good season last year and looks like the real deal he is far from achieving what Ryan has done for 10+ years, and he probably has another 5+ left.

It seems that Goff's value is through the roof as he was an afterthought last year and now he, I believe is a top 8 dynasty startup QB.

I think in my opinion that he and Ryan will end up with similar careers, but one guys value is way down and one is way up when in reality they are much closer together.

All in all, I think you would be using trying to buy a guy who may be at his peak (value wise, Goff) with a guy who may be near his bottom (Ryan)
10Team-2QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 2FLX 1DL 1LB 1DB
QB: Watson/Lamar/FitzMAGIC
RB: Cook/Jacobs/Kamara/Guice/JWilliams
WR: Kupp/Landry/CRidley/Sutton/Fitz/Campbell/Agholar/Boykin
TE: Henry/Hooper/Fant
DL: Houston/Calias
LB: Littleton/Blake
DB: Walker/Bell
20: 1.02,1.08,2.01,2.05,2.08
21: 2 1sts
-
10Team-2QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 2FLX 1 DE,DT,LB,S,CB,FLX,DL/DB
QB: Goff/Stafford/Fitz/Allen/Luck
RB: Zeke/CMC/DJ/Thompson/Barber/Laird
WR: OBJ/Amari/Keenan/Thielen/Fitz/Deebo/Beasley/Boykin/Renfrow/Harmon(TS)
TE: Ebron/Hooper/Vance/Hurst(TS)/Knox(TS)
DE: Jordan/Bosa/Lawerence
DT: Lawerence/Reader
LB: Jaylon/Martinez/Roquan/Campbell
CB: TWhite/King
S: Johnson III/Bell/Jenkins
-
10Team-2QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 1DL 1LB 1DB 1FLX
QB: Goff/BigBen/Ryan/Rivers/Minshew
RB: MG3/Kamara/Thompson/AP
WR: Julio/Nuk/Adams/MJones/Fitz/Lazard/Tate/Isabella(TS)/Renfrow(TS)
TE: Ertz/Higbee/Ebron/Vance/Knox
DL: Lawerence/Jones(KC)/Ingram
LB: DWhite/Leonard/Werner
DB: Walker/Humphrey
20: 1.06, 1.10, 2.06

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:41 pm

jeffster wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:52 am Unless you're really confident in your valuation of the two, I'm not sure now is a good time to sell Ryan for Goff. Just last season Ryan was QB1 and Goff was awful. Now this season Ryan predictably regressed and Goff looked much better, but with recency bias you're selling very low on Ryan and buying high on Goff.

couldn't agree more.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Easy Breesy
Captain
Captain

Postby Easy Breesy » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:14 pm

Thanks for everyonrs responses i think im going to hold for now and buy low on another qb during the season
QB- Russ, Justin Herbert

Easy Breesy
Captain
Captain

Postby Easy Breesy » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:14 pm

Thanks for everyonrs responses i think im going to hold for now and buy low on another qb during the season
QB- Russ, Justin Herbert

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:12 pm

Not only should you hold Ryan, but you should be looking into adding a 3rd starting QB instead of swapping one for another. In a 16 team 2QB league, having a 3rd starting QB is almost a must and there is no other position that would come close to being as valuable.

hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Postby hjernazian » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:41 am

I'd wait to see how Goff does without the attention that Sammy drew last year in coverage. For the most part, Woods was left in 1 on 1 coverage, same as Kupp. Now, Woods is clearly the teams WR1 and he does not have the dominant physical presence that just breaks through defenders. A lot of Goff's success was tied to a lot of single coverage WR's not-named Watkins, and the eliteness of the run game. I like the guy, just feel he may be overpriced atm.
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

QB: P. Mahomes $5, C. Newton $20, B. Mayfield $2, D. Brees
RB: D. Johnson $54, N. Chubb $4, T. Coleman $4, D. Henry $14, I. Crowell $3, J. Richard $9, J. Adams $3
WR: A. Robinson $41, T.Y. Hilton $24, J. Landry $25, C. Davis $4, C. Godwin $4, D. Hamilton $3, K. Cole, S. Shephard $10
TE: E. Engram $4, D. Njoku $2, K. Rudolph $3, V. McDonald $4
K/DEF: Irrelevant

2019: 2.04, 2.05, 2.06, 3.06, 4.06

Team 2

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE - 25 man roster + 4 TAXI

QB: T. Brady, M. Ryan, N. Foles
RB: K. Hunt, C. McCaffrey, D. Johnson, T. Coleman, S. Ware, D. Williams, Ito Smith, D. Sproles
WR: AJ Green, A. Robinson, A. Thielen, E. Sanders, G. Tate, S. Roberts
TE: J. Reed, J. Butt, M. Roberts, V. Davis, M. Williams
TAXI: S. Darnold, D. Fountain, D. Cain, Jaleel Scott