Rookie QB Rankings

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Rookie QB Rankings

Postby Phaded » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:56 pm

Servo wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:42 pm Mason Rudolph now getting 1st RD buzz
Now? I thought he always was..

Rtreilly81
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Rtreilly81 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:42 pm

bsp27 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:26 pm 1. Mayfield
2. Jackson
3. Rosen
4. Darnold
5. Rudolph

I really don't understand how you could have Allen above Jackson
I would move Rudolph to 3 if he lands in a prime spot but I would agree with this list pre draft.
16 team ppr superflex

QB: Garoppolo, Ben Roethlisberger
RB: Mixon, Henry, Booker, Miller, Mack, McNichols, Ballage
WR: Davis, Treadwell, Jmatt, Beasley, DJ Moore, J Washington, Tre’ Smith, Prich, Taywan Taylor, Chad Williams, Benjamin, Krishawn Hogan
TE: Njoku, McDonald

18 picks: 1.13, 2.07, 2.13, 3.02

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:31 pm

Mayfield
Darnold
Allen
Rosen
Rudolph
Jackson
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

Ravenous
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Ravenous » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:26 pm

Here is a question to everyone posting about landing spots....

The way I see things now...every single team that is in the market for an early QB has a viable bridge QB except.....Bills.

Browns - Taylor
Giants - Eli
Jets - McCown, Teddy
Broncos - Keenum
Cardinals - Bradford, (Glennon??? lol)
Dolphins - Tannehill
Bills - ??? AJ McCarron ???

Out of all these situations...AJ McCarron has the cheapest contract and the least experience...he is essentially like a 5th year rookie. Lets say the Bills either trade up and get Darnold/Mayfield/Rosen/Allen or they stay put and end up with Jackson/Rudolph...Would the QB that lands on the Bills get a huge bump in rookie draft value based on the clearest path to immediate playing time?

I think whichever of the top 5 fantasy QBs (Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Jackson, Allen) lands in Buffalo might jump up to the 1st fantasy drafted QB in rookie drafts...while Rudolph may see big jump in ADP. For SF/2QB that would put most of the top 6 QBs drafted within the first 14 picks in rookie drafts (probably earlier).

Alternatively...do you guys think these guys tumble in SF/2QB drafts because of all of the viable bridge QBs? If so...how far do you see them dropping?

edit--quick thought-- Last year..in the 2QB league i was in..Watson went at 1.05 and Mahomes/Trubisky/Kizer all went around picks 12-16 and their bridge QBs were considerably weaker. Watson/Savage -- Mahomes/Smith -- Trubisky/Glennon -- Kizer/Kessler. Albeit...last years class was much less hyped in real life and fantasy.
Too many teams and lineup changes to keep track of them all.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:12 am

Immediate playing time that does not matter to me when drafting a QB. I am more interested in my assessment of the QB, then the support structure of the team he's going to (coaches, franchise stability) and talent to support him. Obviously having a clear path to when they will hit the field is important too, as I don't want to hold for three years, but if a QB goes top two rounds it generally is less than that anyway. I worry about forced starts within a weak offence and upcoming coaching change, but then again we've seen Goff and now Tubisky go through it and get huge upticks because of the change, so who knows.

As for the Bills, I don't like that landing spot at all personally. I likely would drop the QB a bit, except perhaps Lamar Jackson, as he would use his legs a lot and could generate some early hype to move him (or hold with a Tyrod-plus type outlook, which was solid for fantasy but with more long term security).

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:26 pm

Buffalo also just lost 2 starting linemen this offseason and other than Shady, it's pretty barren when it comes to skill positions.

And in all honesty, don't know how I could trust McDermott as a HC when he seemed to attempt everything to blow up the team last year.

Blackout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Blackout » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:41 pm

Mayfield
Darnold
Rosen
Rudolph
Jackson
Allen

Camperhead
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Camperhead » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:52 am

Honestly, "path to immediate playing time" is a bit of a red flag for me. Last year, I spent picks 8 and 10 on Kizer and Mahomes (felt they had the most upside of all the QBs in the class). One is now primed to take the next step in his development, while the other is already barely rosterable.

As was pointed out earlier, a lot of the teams supposedly in the market for a QB appear to have an adequate bridge in place, but if the Giants, Saints, Steelers, or Chargers spend a first-round pick on a QB, that QB is moving up my board.
10-Team Superflex League, 25 rosters spots
ROSTERS CUT TO 15 MID-AUGUST
ROOKIE/FREE AGENT DRAFT LATE AUGUST

Lineup requirements: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR/TE, 1 K, 1 Def, 1 Flex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
TD=6, TDP=4, 15 yds rush/rec=1, 35 yds pass=1, 2 rec=1

QB - Mahomes, Wilson, Bridgewater, Hurts, Heinicke, Eason
RB - Kamara, Chubb, LeVeon Bell, David Johnson, Dillon
WR/TE - Hopkins, Godwin, A.J. Brown, Sutton, Lamb, Harry, A.J. Green, B.Edwards, P.Williams, G.Davis
K* - Tucker, Prater
DT* - Ravens, Buccaneers
* two of each required per league rules

LEAGUE CHAMPS 2013, 2014, 2016, 2018, 2020

hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Postby hjernazian » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:21 pm

Servo wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:42 pm Mason Rudolph now getting 1st RD buzz
Wonder if the Pats take a dive here with one of their two late firsts.
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

QB: P. Mahomes $5, C. Newton $20, B. Mayfield $2, D. Brees
RB: D. Johnson $54, N. Chubb $4, T. Coleman $4, D. Henry $14, I. Crowell $3, J. Richard $9, J. Adams $3
WR: A. Robinson $41, T.Y. Hilton $24, J. Landry $25, C. Davis $4, C. Godwin $4, D. Hamilton $3, K. Cole, S. Shephard $10
TE: E. Engram $4, D. Njoku $2, K. Rudolph $3, V. McDonald $4
K/DEF: Irrelevant

2019: 2.04, 2.05, 2.06, 3.06, 4.06

Team 2

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE - 25 man roster + 4 TAXI

QB: T. Brady, M. Ryan, N. Foles
RB: K. Hunt, C. McCaffrey, D. Johnson, T. Coleman, S. Ware, D. Williams, Ito Smith, D. Sproles
WR: AJ Green, A. Robinson, A. Thielen, E. Sanders, G. Tate, S. Roberts
TE: J. Reed, J. Butt, M. Roberts, V. Davis, M. Williams
TAXI: S. Darnold, D. Fountain, D. Cain, Jaleel Scott

Dynos
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Dynos » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:49 am

for me it's

mayfield
jackson
darnold
rosen
allen
rudolph

i hope baker fall a little bit and a team like the saints, chargers trade up to get him

or he gets drafted by broncos!
2019 Champion! 2022 Champion!

Team 1: Superflex, Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex WR/TE,1 Sflex

QB:P. Mahomes, R.Tannehill, J.Hurts
RB: E.Elliott,James Robinson, Chris Carson, L.Fournette, T.Etienne , Tony Pollard,hassan haskins,donta foreman, jaylen warren
WR: Justin Jefferson A.J Brown, M.Thomas, Marquise Brown, T.Lockett, skyy moore, romeo doubs, alec pierce Donovan Peoples-Jones, J.Palmer
TE: kyle pitts, juwan johnson,mckitty

2021 Champion!
Team 2: Superflex, Start 1Qb, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex Wr/TE. 1 SFlex, 1 Flex RB/WR/TE
QB: J.Herbert, Z.Wilson, K.Cousins, K.Pickett,K.Mond
RB: J.Taylor, JK Dobbins, N.Harris, N.Hines, G.Edwards, James Cook, J.Ford, Dameon Pierce, P.Strong, D.Foreman (Jermaine Burton Devy)
WR: J.Chase,Garett Wilson , B.Aiyuk, C.Sutton, R.Bateman, G.Davis, M.Hardman,J.Palmer,
TE: D.Waller R.Tonyan, B.Jordan, Cameron Brate, Cade Otton, G.Everett

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:53 am

hjernazian wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:21 pm Wonder if the Pats take a dive here with one of their two late firsts.
Talk about good timing, believe there was a blurb today on Rotoworld stating the Pats are "interested".

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:17 am

Any ACC fans have opinions on Kurt Benkert?

I'd never heard his name before today and neither the stats nor combine numbers stand out but he ticks a lot of other boxes and the tape is interesting. He has size, arm strength and can make plays on the move. He is my QB 6 and top sleeper now for deeper leagues.

hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Postby hjernazian » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:44 pm

Servo wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:53 am
hjernazian wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:21 pm Wonder if the Pats take a dive here with one of their two late firsts.
Talk about good timing, believe there was a blurb today on Rotoworld stating the Pats are "interested".
Yeah. even if they don't end up moving up to grab one of the top 4, would be interesting to see who they value... as it could be the clearest indicator out of any measure out there who the best QB in this class is. Could dictate who the best QB pick should be in this draft. I read that they are highly intrigued by Baker.
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

RB: D. Johnson $54, N. Chubb $4, T. Coleman $4, D. Henry $14, I. Crowell $3, J. Richard $9, J. Adams $3
WR: A. Robinson $41, T.Y. Hilton $24, J. Landry $25, C. Davis $4, C. Godwin $4, D. Hamilton $3, K. Cole, S. Shephard $10

Team 2

RB: K. Hunt, C. McCaffrey, D. Johnson, T. Coleman, S. Ware, D. Williams, Ito Smith, D. Sproles

hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Postby hjernazian » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:48 pm

Camperhead wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:52 am Honestly, "path to immediate playing time" is a bit of a red flag for me. Last year, I spent picks 8 and 10 on Kizer and Mahomes (felt they had the most upside of all the QBs in the class). One is now primed to take the next step in his development, while the other is already barely rosterable.

As was pointed out earlier, a lot of the teams supposedly in the market for a QB appear to have an adequate bridge in place, but if the Giants, Saints, Steelers, or Chargers spend a first-round pick on a QB, that QB is moving up my board.
Don't blame Kizer for the Browns or the NFL's transparent lack of ability to develop QBs. They have no idea what they are doing here. Take a look at any of the recent Matt Waldman pods on dynasty blueprint, DLF podcast, and dynasty nerds. He talks about it in detail, along with coverage in his RSP (well worth the read).

As for Mahomes and Kizer, I believe the buzz last year that the player to make the best immediate impact was Watson, and best long-term was Mahomes. The former ended up being true, and I drafted Watson accordingly for that reason. I'm just hoping the latter is true, as I have since then flipped Watson for Dalvin Cook and a first rounder, and acquired Mahomes for a mid-second.

Also, if we are playing the long-term game, you should be very happy that Mahomes wasn't thrust to the wolves year one, as most QBs that are asked to do this... flop. Again, NFL has no idea how to develop QBs. In the guy(s) I will be drafting this year, I would be ecstatic to see them sit for a year. If I'm looking for immediate impact, I trade for a guy like Alex Smith or Drew Brees (both have great value right now for varying reasons) and taking the QB that sits behind Drew Brees or Tom Brady.
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

Team 2

Spinkso
Captain
Captain

Postby Spinkso » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:41 am

Nanananananana wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:21 pm
benpickering44 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:26 pm 1. Mayfield
2. Jackson
3. Rosen
4. Darnold
5. Rudolph

I really don't understand how you could have Allen above Jackson
Do yourself a favor and watch Jackson in interviews, there is more to being an nfl qb than athletic ability.
Watch Jackson in interviews? Rosen and Mayfield get flagged by a lot from interviews. Allen threw teammates under the bus. If you're putting weight into interviews, Darnold is your only clean top end guy.