QB Value 14-Team Sflex

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Re: QB Value 14-Team Sflex

Postby moishetreats » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:28 am

pierson242 wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:46 am
moishetreats wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:58 pm All this being said, it is exactly this kind of thread that makes me LOVE 2QB and SF leagues -- thank y'all for the different insights and approaches. It really is amazing how many more ways there are to construct a team and win (or lose!!!) in these leagues over 1QB leagues!!
Just because you don't agree doesn't make it wrong, ive won many championships this way. Thats whats fun if we all built the same way it would be boring. Always remembe, theres more than one way to skin a cat
:thumbup: :D
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:57 am

pierson242 wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:46 am Just because you don't agree doesn't make it wrong, ive won many championships this way. Theres more than one way to skin a cat
Pierson, I hope you're not skinning any cats.

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:17 pm

Goddard wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:57 am
pierson242 wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:46 am Just because you don't agree doesn't make it wrong, ive won many championships this way. Theres more than one way to skin a cat
Pierson, I hope you're not skinning any cats.
I can confidently say I use that expression lightly as I'm only taking someones word for it, ive never skinned a cat :thumbup: :lol:
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:40 am

Not sure you can put a price tag on elite QBs, friends and I started a 12 Team, SF, .5 PPR league in 2016

One guy drafted Luck + Rodgers with his first two picks, he did also have great value picks in Melvin Gordon + Jordan Howard + Brate off Free Agency, which helped but Rodgers + Luck consistently putting up 20-30 points carried him to the ship where he beat me... :problem:

His best WRs that year were Mike Wallace + Davante Parker + Tyler Boyd

2017 was obviously a different story but just winning 1 ship pays for some nice things or pays for your fantasy leagues for a couple years. Not a bad trade-off. I think QB value goes even higher in a 14 Team League.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:46 pm

Unfortunately most of my superflex leagues are still too early in their careers to know for certain which strategies are playing out the best. Would be nice to see SF leagues that have been around 8-10 years. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

snaps06
Captain
Captain

Postby snaps06 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:14 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:18 am
moishetreats wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:58 pm
Goddard wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:46 am Let the other owners go after the RB or WR in a startup and laugh at them when they have one startable QB on their roster and you have 2-3 good ones.
Or 4-5 good ones! They'll have to come paying then.
horrible strategy that always backfires. the whole league sees you are hoarding to try to gouge an onwer in a trade and nobody will approach you trying to give what you are hoping to get
Not always... I sold Stafford for Watkins, McCoy, McCown, 2018 1st (turned into 1.7), and 2018 4th last year because I had 3 startable QBs in a 14 tm SF.

Kcarr
Captain
Captain

Postby Kcarr » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:16 pm

Yeah, it is near impossible to replace qb starters. For instance, as this is a 14 team discussion let's say you have a top qb, and for this also a crystal ball to know Russell Wilson would be the top qb. Now if we pair him with a mid qb 2 like Matt Ryan looking at the scoring from one league last year, granted only 4 point tds and 3 point picks that would have been 31.6 points per game. Had it been wilson and the 28th qb, so even distribution, would be 29.5. Interestingly going by even distribution the 14th and 15th would have been worth 28.6 per game.

Now how much would something like case keenum and Josh mccown cost goiing into the season? They would have given you 27.6. Even if you had the 27th and 28th guys that is 21.5, just 8 points off. V

Meanwhile going from the top rb to even a mid level rb1, we will say the 7th one, in half ppr is 9 points per game. Even if we ignore Gurley at the top from 2nd to 8th is a 5 point drop. Nearly as much with just one rb as with the two qbs and more if we count Gurley.

Now this assumes we know how they will finish but a top rb will have much more impact, especially assuming you are picking 1st and will pick at the 2/3 turn
4th and long: ppr, 10 team, qb, rb, rb, wr, wr, wr, flex, flex, te, k, dl, dl, lb, lb, db, db, dflex, dflex

QB: Kirk Cousins Tyrod Taylor, Jared Goff
RB: Melvin Gordon, Ezekiel Elliot, Theo Riddick, D'Onta Foreman, James Conner, Jamal Williams
WR: Alshon Jeffrey, Amari Cooper, Sammy Watkins, Keenan Allen, Jordan Matthews, Cole Beasley, Robby Anderson, Corey Davis, Breshad Perriman, Eli Rogers
TE: Eric Ebron, , David Njoku, Jack Doyle
K: Will Lutz
DL: Frank Clark, Danielle Hunter
LB: Luke Kuechley, Bobby Wagner, Jordan Hicks, Mark Barron, Darron Lee
DB: Sean Davis, Morgan Burnett,

IR: Clayton Geathers, Quincy Enunwa, Raekwon McMillan

Kcarr
Captain
Captain

Postby Kcarr » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:27 pm

moishetreats wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:16 am
millworkguy wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:32 am
pokerplayer1000 wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:09 am Just curious if you would give a bump in value to QBs in a 14 team SFlex?

How early would you take a QB? top pick? top 5, end of 1st?

I personally think it would be a big advantage to having 3 starting QBs in a 14 teamer. Thoughts?
1) yes
2) start-up or rookie: both-> no yes yes
3) of course
I agree with everything except the "no". In a start-up, the first few picks and most of the first two rounds should be QBs. In a rookie draft, in general, taking a QB 1st (and 2nd) would not be crazy. This year alone might be an exception.
I already expressed my thoughts on a startup but in rookie drafts with this year being the exception where you would take a non qb first I would have to disagree personally. 2013 the and were hot garbage. 2014 I wasnt that high on the first two taken, bottles and Manziel, Carr was the only one I really liked and that may have been a same last name thing. 2015 i liked the qbs but would have considered gurley and cooper above winston. 2016 I would have had zeke over Goff or wentz and still would today. Last year there were a handful of guys I would have taken over Watson or Mitch and I still would. This year I think the qbs will be closer to worth it but barkley is to valuable. 2012 with luck would have been the last time I would have had a qb as the top guy on my board
4th and long: ppr, 10 team, qb, rb, rb, wr, wr, wr, flex, flex, te, k, dl, dl, lb, lb, db, db, dflex, dflex

RB: Melvin Gordon, Ezekiel Elliot, Theo Riddick, D'Onta Foreman, James Conner, Jamal Williams
WR: Alshon Jeffrey, Amari Cooper, Sammy Watkins, Keenan Allen, Jordan Matthews, Cole Beasley, Robby Anderson, Corey Davis, Breshad Perriman, Eli Rogers

pokerplayer1000
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerplayer1000 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:37 pm

Kcarr wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:16 pm Yeah, it is near impossible to replace qb starters. For instance, as this is a 14 team discussion let's say you have a top qb, and for this also a crystal ball to know Russell Wilson would be the top qb. Now if we pair him with a mid qb 2 like Matt Ryan looking at the scoring from one league last year, granted only 4 point tds and 3 point picks that would have been 31.6 points per game. Had it been wilson and the 28th qb, so even distribution, would be 29.5. Interestingly going by even distribution the 14th and 15th would have been worth 28.6 per game.

Now how much would something like case keenum and Josh mccown cost goiing into the season? They would have given you 27.6. Even if you had the 27th and 28th guys that is 21.5, just 8 points off. V

Meanwhile going from the top rb to even a mid level rb1, we will say the 7th one, in half ppr is 9 points per game. Even if we ignore Gurley at the top from 2nd to 8th is a 5 point drop. Nearly as much with just one rb as with the two qbs and more if we count Gurley.

Now this assumes we know how they will finish but a top rb will have much more impact, especially assuming you are picking 1st and will pick at the 2/3 turn
I completely understand what you are saying when it comes to comparing the top qb to a mid tier qb vs top rb to mid tier rb...but in sflex you aren't comparing those two...it comes down to whom you would be starting in that superflex position. You can start your RB3/4 or wr4/5 vs a QB2, that PPG comparison is going to be pretty drastic.
10Team-2QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 2FLX 1DL 1LB 1DB
QB: Watson/Lamar/FitzMAGIC
RB: Cook/Jacobs/Kamara/Guice/JWilliams
WR: Kupp/Landry/CRidley/Sutton/Fitz/Campbell/Agholar/Boykin
TE: Henry/Hooper/Fant
DL: Houston/Calias
LB: Littleton/Blake
DB: Walker/Bell
20: 1.02,1.08,2.01,2.05,2.08
21: 2 1sts
-
10Team-2QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 2FLX 1 DE,DT,LB,S,CB,FLX,DL/DB
QB: Goff/Stafford/Fitz/Allen/Luck
RB: Zeke/CMC/DJ/Thompson/Barber/Laird
WR: OBJ/Amari/Keenan/Thielen/Fitz/Deebo/Beasley/Boykin/Renfrow/Harmon(TS)
TE: Ebron/Hooper/Vance/Hurst(TS)/Knox(TS)
DE: Jordan/Bosa/Lawerence
DT: Lawerence/Reader
LB: Jaylon/Martinez/Roquan/Campbell
CB: TWhite/King
S: Johnson III/Bell/Jenkins
-
10Team-2QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 1DL 1LB 1DB 1FLX
QB: Goff/BigBen/Ryan/Rivers/Minshew
RB: MG3/Kamara/Thompson/AP
WR: Julio/Nuk/Adams/MJones/Fitz/Lazard/Tate/Isabella(TS)/Renfrow(TS)
TE: Ertz/Higbee/Ebron/Vance/Knox
DL: Lawerence/Jones(KC)/Ingram
LB: DWhite/Leonard/Werner
DB: Walker/Humphrey
20: 1.06, 1.10, 2.06

Kcarr
Captain
Captain

Postby Kcarr » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:46 pm

Yes, and if you are filling in with a non qb it becomes worse. That said, each season there are guys with a price tag of free or almost so that go on to be viable starters just as with any position. Last year it was mccown, keenum, brissett, etc. The difference between elite and these guys is sometimes less than between the top rb and a mid rb1 and often not enough to keep you from competing