Sam Bradford Update

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
Cojo 2020
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Cojo 2020 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:23 am

It sure seems like this will hurt his draft status. He no longer will be the #1 QB taken (if he ever was) if he goes into the draft after a season ending injury. If I was his adviser, I would recommend he go back to school one more year at this point. As a person who was hoarding first round picks in hopes of having a shot at him, I am bummed either way. I may have to rate him lower if he comes out.
ROCHESTER ROADKILL: 10 team league: Starts 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR,, 1 TE, 1 PK, 1 DST 1 flex RB/WR, 1 superflex QB/RB/WR/TE.

Superflex, PPR, Pass TD = 6 pts.

QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Lance, B.Young, A.Richardson, M.Cunningham
RB: Chubb, A.Jones, Bijan, Gibbs, J.Williams (DEN), Dobbins, Dillon, Z.White, T. Spears, R.Johnson, Z.Evans
WR: Lamb, Higgins, M.Brown (ARI), Ridley, Pittman, E.Moore, J.Williams (DET), Dotson, Doubs, Q.Johnston, Smith-Njigba
TE: Schultz, Kincaid
PK: Koo
DST: Chiefs. Lions
2024 picks: 1.02, 1.05, 1.06, 2.06, 3.02, 3.08, 3.10
League Champion: 2017, 2018, 2020, 2022

the_lung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby the_lung » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:13 pm

stevea
All Pro
All Pro

Postby stevea » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:44 pm

It's a complete crapshoot at this point. I still like him better than Locker regardless of what he does and he's still my #1 QB in the 2011 draft at this point in time. Surgery or no? Leave or return. Until he makes an announcement, we're just grasping at straws.

the_lung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby the_lung » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:24 pm

Bradford’s best option: staying one more year
Sooners QB will enhance his draft stock if he returns in 2010.

Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford began the season as one of the nation’s top prospects for the 2010 NFL Draft, but he’s now facing some major decisions regarding his future. Bradford sprained the AC joint in his throwing shoulder in week one vs. BYU, forcing him to miss the next three games, then aggravated it in the first quarter Saturday against Texas. Rumors are now flying about Bradford possibly having season-ending surgery as well as the possibility he might leave early for the draft.

Bradford is currently ranked 28th on the National Football Post’s Super 30, listed as the nation’s fourth-best quarterback prospect, and has now fallen behind juniors Jake Locker (Washington), Jimmy Clausen (Notre Dame) and red-shirt sophomore Ryan Mallett (Arkansas). If Bradford declares for the 2010 draft, where would he rank?

The first question that needs to be answered is: Who would make up the underclassman quarterback class coming out early? If Bradford, Locker, Mallett and Clausen all enter next year’s draft, Bradford would have a tough time moving past those three to secure the top spot in the group. Locker and Mallett are far more physically gifted than Bradford, while Clausen, who possesses a similar physical skill set to Bradford, has displayed an ability to be productive in an offense that’s more conducive to transitioning to the NFL than Bradford plays in.

continued...

stevea
All Pro
All Pro

Postby stevea » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:41 am

Everything I have heard since Sunday morning is that Bradford will opt for surgery and then declare for the NFL draft.

Cojo 2020
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Cojo 2020 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:07 am

ROCHESTER ROADKILL: 10 team league: Starts 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR,, 1 TE, 1 PK, 1 DST 1 flex RB/WR, 1 superflex QB/RB/WR/TE.

Superflex, PPR, Pass TD = 6 pts.

QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Lance, B.Young, A.Richardson, M.Cunningham
RB: Chubb, A.Jones, Bijan, Gibbs, J.Williams (DEN), Dobbins, Dillon, Z.White, T. Spears, R.Johnson, Z.Evans
WR: Lamb, Higgins, M.Brown (ARI), Ridley, Pittman, E.Moore, J.Williams (DET), Dotson, Doubs, Q.Johnston, Smith-Njigba
TE: Schultz, Kincaid
PK: Koo
DST: Chiefs. Lions
2024 picks: 1.02, 1.05, 1.06, 2.06, 3.02, 3.08, 3.10
League Champion: 2017, 2018, 2020, 2022

stevea
All Pro
All Pro

Postby stevea » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:46 am

The key to the article is this line:

"One well-known scout said there’s always one team willing to take a gamble, and as long as Bradford is physically repaired, he can still go in the top 10."

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:32 am

dlf_stevea wrote:The key to the article is this line:

"One well-known scout said there’s always one team willing to take a gamble, and as long as Bradford is physically repaired, he can still go in the top 10."
my thoughts as well. He will go top 10 if he check out in the physical.

ccteam
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ccteam » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:08 pm

and that team is... the Oakland Raiders... lol.

I personally don't like Bradford.. at least not to be a top 10 fantasy QB. I'm not sure how a player like Graham Harrell puts up big numbers in a pass happy offense, and goes undrafted (probably rightfully so), but then Sam Bradford puts up big numbers in a pass happy offense, and he's first round material? Maybe he's a little better than Harrell, but I think the biggest factor is the school he plays for.

I just know one thing, I won't be touching him in fantasy drafts, and I sure hope the Browns don't touch him in NFL drafts.
12 team PPR Q, R, R, W, W, W/R, W/T, TE, K - 36 player rosters
E Manning Dalton
Sproles, D Brown Mendenhall, Blount, Hillis, Gerhart, Moreno
Fitz, White, Holmes, Rice TBMW, Royal, Edwards, Bess
Pettigrew H Miller

stevea
All Pro
All Pro

Postby stevea » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:47 pm

I do know there are at least 5 teams that no longer have Bradford on their board regardless of where he "drops" to. While not having an injury history prior to the shoulder, they feel he is damaged goods and, even with surgery, the chance of re-injuring a throwing shoulder (while trying to stay upright in the NFL) is just too great.

I am leaving him at #1 for the time being on the draft board, but that could very easily become 3, 4, or 5 in the next few weeks depending on what I hear.

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:20 pm

dlf_stevea wrote:

I do know there are at least 5 teams that no longer have Bradford on their board regardless of where he "drops" to. While not having an injury history prior to the shoulder, they feel he is damaged goods and, even with surgery, the chance of re-injuring a throwing shoulder (while trying to stay upright in the NFL) is just too great.

I am leaving him at #1 for the time being on the draft board, but that could very easily become 3, 4, or 5 in the next few weeks depending on what I hear.
Who are they???

the_lung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby the_lung » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:12 pm

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:52 pm

Pilate wrote:
dlf_stevea wrote:

Who are they???
I have to think he's on Seattle's radar - whether there are smokescreens or not.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars