Derrick Henry (Alabama)

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Derrick Henry (Alabama)

Postby Plank » Sat May 23, 2015 10:18 am

I have no point of reference for a RB like Derrick Henry, the kid is 6'3", 238 pounds and runs a 4.4-4.5... SparQ score of 123.09 ..

While most big backs we can compare him to we get this vision of all the punishing type backs like Jacobs, Nigerian Nightmare, Eddie George .. but Henry really isn't that. He uses his power relatively sparingly, but he does use it .. You don't see him plow into safeties or linebackers at the end of plays to pick up those extra yards, instead we see him try to evade them and outrun them like a smaller back, but he isn't afraid of contact either ..

I also know most conversations will go into the pad level type arguments, that he doesn't run low enough, he will get lit up in the NFL etc. But for his size, he is incredibly dynamic.

But like I said I have no point of reference for him at the moment, what do you guys think? Does he translate well? Does he stay at RB at the next level?
@PlankMelody

lifesyourcup
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Derrick Henry (Alabama)

Postby lifesyourcup » Sat May 23, 2015 10:12 pm

He's Melvin Gordon + Todd Gurley. Yes, he'll translate well. He's better than Yeldon and has better pad level.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun May 24, 2015 7:29 pm

I think he's going to be a beast. Love his run style.

nwhalen
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby nwhalen » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:39 pm

I'm not touching Henry as his current price exceeds his value IMO.

He's a 6'3" 240lb RB that runs like he's 6'0" 200lb. He tries to avoid more than use his power and dances more than I thought. Great feet/athlete for his size. But i'm not convinced he can get small to fit through an NFL hole. He'll play in the NFL, I just don't see the superstar price people are paying for him.

bpatrick
Starter
Starter

Postby bpatrick » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:24 pm

dlf_nickw wrote:I'm not touching Henry as his current price exceeds his value IMO.
I recently acquired Henry for B Sankey and Funchess. I thought it was decent value considering Funchess is an early 2nd rd Rookie draft pick and Sankey is not fetching much. I view Henry as a Top 5 Pick in Rookie drafts next year.
Team #1: 12 team, (1 QB 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, DEF), PPR (0.5/1/1), 22-player roster

QB: Newton, Foles, Carr
RB: Hill, TRich, Taliaferro, A Williams, D Williams
WR: AJ, Gordon, Benjamin, M Bryant, Jennings, C Hogan, Austin, Dobson, Janis, D Carter, C Washington
TE: Graham

Team #2: 12-team, (1 QB 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, K, DEF), PPR (0.5/1/1), 25-player roster

QB: Ryan, Bridgewater
RB: Forte, Ellington, Forsett, Hill, Bush, Taliaferro, Cunningham
WR: Megatron, Julio, Gordon, A Johnson, VJax, CPatt, Colston, D Baldwin, C Hogan, Charles Johnson
TE: Gronk, Witten
IR: C Palmer, K Moreno, T Gaffney

nwhalen
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby nwhalen » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:40 am

bpatrick wrote:
dlf_nickw wrote:I'm not touching Henry as his current price exceeds his value IMO.
I recently acquired Henry for B Sankey and Funchess. I thought it was decent value considering Funchess is an early 2nd rd Rookie draft pick and Sankey is not fetching much. I view Henry as a Top 5 Pick in Rookie drafts next year.
That's about what i'd value him at(sankey/funchess) but not as a top 5 rookie pick. If he has a couple of big games, i'd sell high.