How early/late are you taking...

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
Swampdonkey17
All Pro
All Pro

How early/late are you taking...

Postby Swampdonkey17 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:05 pm

Maxx Williams, Mariota, Winston? Either plan on or have seen in mocks. They seem to be a 10-18 pick swing in their position, real tough to gauge.
Journal of my first orphan rebuild. If you're in a rebuild and want to get ideas or give some, feel free.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=92442
QB: Andrew Luck,Andy Dalton, Brett Hundley, Trevor Siemian
RB: Lamar Miller, Eddie Lacy,Carlos Hyde,Dion Lewis, Mark Ingram, Thomas Rawls,Terrell Watson, Legarette Blount, Daniel Lasco, DJ Foster
WR: Deandre Hopkins,Alshon Jeffrey,Randall Cobb,Kelvin Benjamin,Jarvis Landry, Devante Parker, Tyrell Williams,
TE: Greg Olsen, Eric Ebron,Julius Thomas
D: Denver, Baltimore

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: How early/late are you taking...

Postby Lotto4Life » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:43 am

Won't draft Williams unless he's there at the end of the 3rd round.
Mariota maybe end of 2nd, depending on whether or not I have Winston.
Winston I might with one of my later first round picks. I'm old at QB.

Swampdonkey17
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Swampdonkey17 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:17 am

Lotto4Life wrote:Won't draft Williams unless he's there at the end of the 3rd round.
Interesting. I'm not too wild about enough 3rd rd prospects at WR/RB to wait that long for Maxx I don't think. He looks pretty NFL ready. Mariota and Winston seems to keep flipping back and forth to late 1st-mid 2nd. But never in the same tier, one is always higher than the other. Thanks.
Journal of my first orphan rebuild. If you're in a rebuild and want to get ideas or give some, feel free.
RB: Lamar Miller, Eddie Lacy,Carlos Hyde,Dion Lewis, Mark Ingram, Thomas Rawls,Terrell Watson, Legarette Blount, Daniel Lasco, DJ Foster
WR: Deandre Hopkins,Alshon Jeffrey,Randall Cobb,Kelvin Benjamin,Jarvis Landry, Devante Parker, Tyrell Williams,

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:22 am

Williams - Currently have him mid 2nd.
Winston - Mid 2nd
Mariota - Late 2nd/Early 3rd

Williams looks like the real deal. Love what I see from him and a TE-needy situation would bolster him.

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:58 am

I should have clarified on Williams that I probably won't draft him until the third because of how my roster is composed and I already own several TEs that I think are as good as Williams will become. And my 3rd round pick is late. If I had an early third I'd probably use it on him if he was there.

Swampdonkey17
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Swampdonkey17 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:45 am

Fair enough, and I kinda figured that. I probably shouldv'e said "in a vaccum". I'm pretty sure DLF members have that trademarked.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:46 pm

Lotto4Life wrote:Won't draft Williams unless he's there at the end of the 3rd round.

this ^^^ w/ winston my sig team needs an injection but my other teams I would not draft either qb
and williams I have done no work on , so I cannot pass judgement but I have heard a couple of guys rave about him so I would keep an open mind . I am young at TE across the board so it would be a luxury pick or he would need to be an extra value in my estimation for me to draft him.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Detroitcity
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Detroitcity » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:40 pm

I'm not a huge fan of taking TEs or QBs early because unless they are Elite like Luck, I'd rather trade for them after I see then play a little. Look at guys like Manziel, Bridgewater, and Ebron from last year...for the most part you can get a discount on them now vs where they were drafted last year. Bridgewater is probably the expect ion but it's not like he is much more expensive now vs last year. I'd say in a 12 team I'd go....

Williams : 2.6 -2.12 range
Mariota: 2.8 - 3.2 range
Winston: 3.1 -3.5 range

In a recent mock, Williams went 2.2, Winston 2.4, and Mariota 2.5

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:27 pm

Swampdonkey17 wrote:Maxx Williams, Mariota, Winston? Either plan on or have seen in mocks. They seem to be a 10-18 pick swing in their position, real tough to gauge.
In my 16 team, 1/3 ppr, leagues, I can see Williams going the end of the 1st round, especially depending on where he lands. The QBs will also depend on where they land and starting potential, but I think they are both good enough prospects that I can see them going early to mid first round.

The earliest I will take Mariotta in my 16 team leagues is probably 1.03 or 1.04, and the latest I expect him to fall is around 1.10.
Williams I expect will fall around 1.12 - 2.02, but I won't take him until later 2nd, but that's just a personal TE bias.
Winston, same as Mariotta, but I personally won't select him until after Mariotta.

-oo-

Stevens61310
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Stevens61310 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:41 pm

How late you take any of these players will almost certainly depend on the size of the league, individual team needs, and league set up.

For instance I'm in a 16 team league that has an OP and a flex spot. I have the 10th pick and am dearly in need of a second QB (for all intents and purposes the OP spot is second QB slot). There are at least 3 teams in the first 9 picks that need QBs. I would be very surprised if Mariota and Winston weren't both gone by pick 5.

In almost all the dynasty leagues I'm in QBs go very quickly. Even last year with how polarizing a player Manziel was--he was gone by pick 4 in every league I was in.

Swampdonkey17
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Swampdonkey17 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:46 pm

Im in a 12 team, ppr, 1QB league.