Who are the 3rd and 4th best rookie RBs this year?

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
Team Tacos
MVP
MVP

Who are the 3rd and 4th best rookie RBs this year?

Postby Team Tacos » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:03 pm

After Gordon and Gurley, how do you rank them? Exciting year for RBs! Now that Yeldon has declared, is he the next one up? I'm thinking him, then Duke, then Abdullah.
Last edited by Team Tacos on Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
WR: OBJ, Dez, AJG, K. Allen, Crowder, K. White;
RB: Gurley, Montgomery, Lacy; QB: Wilson, Goff; TE: Eifert;
DL: Bosa, Danielle H., Ansah, Frank Clark;
LB: Telvin, Kwon, Collins, Jatavis, D. Lee; DEF: KC;
DB: Burnett, C-Dix, S. Davis; K:

Rookie Bench: C. Coleman, Doctson, N. Spence, Jaylon, Jack;
IR:

Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 RB/WR/TE, 2 WR, 1 WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, 4 LB, 3 DL, 4 DB
12 teams, Non-PPR, tackle heavy w/ TFL.

ConnSKINS26
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Who is the 3rd and 4th best rookie RBs this year?

Postby ConnSKINS26 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:16 pm

Abdullah, then Coleman for me so far.

Johnnygolf9
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Johnnygolf9 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:33 pm

Coleman and ajayi by a slight margin and then Yeldon and Duke johnson imo

nwhalen
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Who are the 3rd and 4th best rookie RBs this year?

Postby nwhalen » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:33 am

http://dynastyleaguefootball.com/rookie-rb-rankings/

You guys can see my rankings and others here. But I have Ajayi easily over the rest at #3. The rest I have Coleman, Mike Davis, Yeldon, Abdullah, Duke.

ConnSKINS26
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ConnSKINS26 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:21 pm

Johnnygolf9 wrote:Coleman and ajayi by a slight margin and then Yeldon and Duke johnson imo
Not an Abdullah fan? I think ranking at least Duke Johnson over him is kind of projecting onto him what we want him to be--Gio, basically. But he's a much more straight-line player.

Swampdonkey17
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Swampdonkey17 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:14 pm

For some reason, I really like Michael Dyer. I think the 1A tier is muddled, landing spots will dictate, but I really like the way he runs. I know hes a thug, but something about him running. Corey Dillon? Coleman is my other choice.
Journal of my first orphan rebuild. If you're in a rebuild and want to get ideas or give some, feel free.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=92442
QB: Andrew Luck,Andy Dalton, Brett Hundley, Trevor Siemian
RB: Lamar Miller, Eddie Lacy,Carlos Hyde,Dion Lewis, Mark Ingram, Thomas Rawls,Terrell Watson, Legarette Blount, Daniel Lasco, DJ Foster
WR: Deandre Hopkins,Alshon Jeffrey,Randall Cobb,Kelvin Benjamin,Jarvis Landry, Devante Parker, Tyrell Williams,
TE: Greg Olsen, Eric Ebron,Julius Thomas
D: Denver, Baltimore

ConnSKINS26
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ConnSKINS26 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:36 pm

Swampdonkey17 wrote:For some reason, I really like Michael Dyer. I think the 1A tier is muddled, landing spots will dictate, but I really like the way he runs. I know hes a thug, but something about him running. Corey Dillon? Coleman is my other choice.
Dyer is a talented runner, but by virtue of his age and where he'll get drafted, he can't even be in someone's top-5, realistically.

Swampdonkey17
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Swampdonkey17 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:52 pm

ConnSKINS26 wrote:
Swampdonkey17 wrote:For some reason, I really like Michael Dyer. I think the 1A tier is muddled, landing spots will dictate, but I really like the way he runs. I know hes a thug, but something about him running. Corey Dillon? Coleman is my other choice.
Dyer is a talented runner, but by virtue of his age and where he'll get drafted, he can't even be in someone's top-5, realistically.
This is an incredibly ignorant comment. It is a FACT that he's in my top 5. It's my opinion, but my opinion makes your comment false and ignorant.
Journal of my first orphan rebuild. If you're in a rebuild and want to get ideas or give some, feel free.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=92442
QB: Andrew Luck,Andy Dalton, Brett Hundley, Trevor Siemian
RB: Lamar Miller, Eddie Lacy,Carlos Hyde,Dion Lewis, Mark Ingram, Thomas Rawls,Terrell Watson, Legarette Blount, Daniel Lasco, DJ Foster
WR: Deandre Hopkins,Alshon Jeffrey,Randall Cobb,Kelvin Benjamin,Jarvis Landry, Devante Parker, Tyrell Williams,
TE: Greg Olsen, Eric Ebron,Julius Thomas
D: Denver, Baltimore

ConnSKINS26
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ConnSKINS26 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:21 pm

Swampdonkey17 wrote:
ConnSKINS26 wrote:
This is an incredibly ignorant comment. It is a FACT that he's in my top 5. It's my opinion, but my opinion makes your comment false and ignorant.
"Someone" meaning your generic dynasty owner. You of course are your own individual, rank guys however you please. I meant that out of any random sample of dynasty owners, due to the things I listed, it's unrealistic to think he'll make the top-5 in the vast majority of rankings. I wouldn't tell you how to think--especially now that I know how you react when you think that's what's going on. :)

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:57 am

love ajayi at 3rd but his butterfingers could be his undoing
and 4th I have mike davis .... I think he was never right(health wise) this season & johnson in a dead heat

as to the previous 2 posts you guys are arguing more over michael dyer than 80% of NFL personel depts will ... I would think he is off most boards already
and is not such a talent that most adults would risk their jobs to take a chance on him that leaves 5 or 6 teams that might take a shot if they have a need / cannot find someone else to fill that role w/o the baggage.
I remember a thread a year or so ago where I predicted to CONNSKINS that dyer never even carries the football in an NFL regular season game ....
I could still see that as a distinct possibility
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Lssd2012
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lssd2012 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:16 pm

I will go with a bit of a wild card and say Josh Robinson is the 3rd best back. He looks to me be an almost identical clone of Jeremy Hill/CJ Anderson. We'll see how he tests out in the combine but he's shown that he is one of the most elusive rb's in the class and has enough production to back it up. If he can run a 4.5, i see no reason why he cant be taken over guys like coleman, ajayi,yeldon, duke etc who have shown they have major question marks.

italian_stallion21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby italian_stallion21 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:47 am

ConnSKINS26 wrote:
With all his problems and the fact he would be a 25 year old rookie, I don't think you're going to see much buzz around him.

cactusdave
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cactusdave » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:31 am

I'm actually pretty high on Jeremy Langford so far, but need to see how he tests at the combine. My reasons are these:

Michigan State has steadily produced NFL caliber backs over the years, the latest being Le'Veon Bell.

I like that Langford has demonstrated his workhorse capability the past two seasons with upwards of 250 carries a season yet still has an amazing YPC average for that much use.

And speaking of use, I don't worry about overuse with him the way i would with Abdullah, because the two seasons prior Langford was holding down other positions (first a defensive back and then a wide receiver).

He's got good size, a little lanky for a RB maybe. Not much wiggle, pretty much a straight line runner but okay between the tackles, rarely goes down on first contact and shows enough speed to take it to the edge.

But most of all, I LOVE this kid's clutch play. He showed a knack for making the big play whenever the Spartans needed it. Whether it's a yard, a short run in the red zone or a long run with the game hanging in the balance.

Like I said, need to see more. I like what I've seen so far. My 2 cents
12 Team, Full PPR, 17 Man Rosters,
Lineups: 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB or TE), 2 Flex (RB or WR or TE) for total of 8 starters.

QB: Russell Wilson, Dak Prescott
RB: Le'Veon Bell, CJ Anderson, Spencer Ware, Christine Michael, CJ Prosise.
WR: Julio Jones, DeAndre Hopkins, Allen Robinson, Tyler Lockett, Marvin Jones, Quincy Enunwa.
TE: Dwayne Allen, Virgil Green, Josh Hill, Maxx Williams.

RightlegTucker
All Pro
All Pro

Postby RightlegTucker » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:38 am

My current rankings for the 2nd tier are as follows:

Yeldon
Johnson
Davis
Abdullah
Ajayi
Coleman

Langford would be my next guy followed by either Cobb or Robinson. I'm higher on Yeldon than most, but the more I watch tape on him the more I like his game. I think you're really splitting hairs past Gordon/Gurley at this point in time, no one has really distanced themselves from the pack. I think the 2nd tier will largely be determined by situation unless someone blows up the combine, which Johnson or Coleman are capable of doing.