The highest ceiling players in 2015?

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

The highest ceiling players in 2015?

Postby Phaded » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:09 pm

I unfortunately don't really get the chance to follow NCAA much. In Canada, they don't have immense coverage of it. It's hard to find much of it. The extent of any college football I know typically comes from forums and other fantasy websites.

With that said - which players in the upcoming draft have the highest ceilings?

I'm not talking about considering low-floor guys or guys with high risk - strictly just high ceiling.

I am currently sitting at 1.09 & may be picking up the 1.04 pick as well. One owner has managed to trade for the first three picks and he seems keen on Gordon, Gurley & Cooper. Although that could change.

One guy I have my eye on is DGB - I know he is high risk but seems to have a very high ceiling. That is if he even declares for 2015.

Who are some other of highest ceiling guys? That may or may not be "safe"?

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: The highest ceiling players in 2015?

Postby Jason3123 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:26 pm

I'm also going to be picking 9th in my league. Here are a few "high-ceiling" guys..

WR Devante Parker - Louisville, 6'3, 200+ with nice speed and leaping ability.
WR/TE Devin Funchess - Michigan, 6'5 230. He's huge (Mike Evans size), but we're not sure if he's a WR or a TE yet, and a lot of people are iffy on him. With his size though he could be an absolute stud.
WR Kevin White - West Virginia - Burst onto the scene this year. Amazing hands. Lots of Fitz comparisons (I think people tend to compare him to Larry cause of the dreads)
WR Jalen Strong - Arizona State. Big body, 6'3, 220+. Concerns with him are speed, but he is a physical monster.

All the 2nd tier RB's... Yeldon (Alabama), Coleman (Indiana), Johnson (Miami), Ajayi (Boise).

RightlegTucker
All Pro
All Pro

Postby RightlegTucker » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:41 pm

Gurley, Funchess (at TE), DGB.

AS3Dynasty
Role Player
Role Player

Postby AS3Dynasty » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:33 pm

Jason3123 wrote:I'm also going to be picking 9th in my league. Here are a few "high-ceiling" guys..

WR Devante Parker - Louisville, 6'3, 200+ with nice speed and leaping ability.
WR/TE Devin Funchess - Michigan, 6'5 230. He's huge (Mike Evans size), but we're not sure if he's a WR or a TE yet, and a lot of people are iffy on him. With his size though he could be an absolute stud.
WR Kevin White - West Virginia - Burst onto the scene this year. Amazing hands. Lots of Fitz comparisons (I think people tend to compare him to Larry cause of the dreads)
WR Jalen Strong - Arizona State. Big body, 6'3, 220+. Concerns with him are speed, but he is a physical monster.

All the 2nd tier RB's... Yeldon (Alabama), Coleman (Indiana), Johnson (Miami), Ajayi (Boise).
I think this list is pretty much spot on. I personally think Funchess is a fraud (and I'm a huge Michigan fan). However, he certainly qualifies as high-ceiling. Outside of the guys mentioned, I don't think the list expands much further. I do like Ajayi as a 2nd tier RB, and Tevin Coleman even more than him.
Team 1 - 10 Team, PPR, IDP, Year 2
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, 2 LB, 2 DL, 2 DB
QB: Ryan, Palmer
RB: Gurley, Gordon, Hill, Gio, Spiller, Mason
WR: Julio, AJG, BMarsh, Cooks, JBrown, Wallace, Quick, Crowder, Huff
TE: Gates, Julius, Ladarius, Watson
K: Prater
LB: Bowman, Shazier, Posluszny
DL: Quinn, Hardy
DB: Chancellor, Talib, Norman
IR: JGordon, Fowler, Zenner

Team 2 - 10 Team, PPR, IDP-Tackle Heavy, Year 2
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, 1 LB, 1 DL, 1 DB
QB: Tanny, Kaep, Bradford
RB: Foster, Hill, Yeldon, Abdullah, Duke, Bell, Blue, Mason
WR: AJG, Alshon, Floyd, Quick, Perriman, Dorsett, Huff, Conley, Woods, DSmith, Latimer, Coleman
TE: Reed, Rudolph, Watson
K: Bailey
LB: Ogletree, Telvin
DL: ABailey
DB: Cyprien
IR: Jordy, JGordon, DCobb

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:01 pm

Hmmm alright. Thanks for the names guys; I'll make sure I monitor them.

Jimmy Jones
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Jimmy Jones » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:47 pm

D'haquille (Duke) Williams, WR out of Auburn and his counterpart Sammie Coates. Williams is supposedly on par with Julio Jones athletically. 6'2 220 4.40 40. Tevin Coleman is probably the highest ceiling RB after Gurley and Gordon. He's big, fast, and strong though he does a lot of his damage on big gaping holes that he won't see in the NFL and runs upright. Not the best at maximizing yardage in the small run game. Waldman compared him to McFadden. If suggest checking out the film room thread that Plank put up in the dynasty league discussion section.
The Green Bay Packers
10 Team Superflex, Pass Heavy Scoring
1QB, 1QB/RB/WR/TE, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Def, 1K
Passing: 2pt/20yds 5pt/TD; Rushing/Receiving: 2pt/10yds; 1PPR

QB's: ARod, Rivers, Sanchez, Manziel, Mallett, Mettenberger
RB's: Charles, Lacy, Ellington, Oliver, Davis, Starks, CMike
WR's: Julio, Maclin, Sanders, Watkins, Crabtree, Patterson, Quick
TE's: Graham, Kelce, ASJ