Do any of these upcoming QBs have top 5-7 potential?

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Do any of these upcoming QBs have top 5-7 potential?

Postby Phaded » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:30 pm

I've been looking to upgrade on Matt Ryan/Russell Wilson.

Do Mariota, Winston or whomever else have the potential to be top 5-7? Or at least, better than Matt Ryan and/or Russell Wilson?

RightlegTucker
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Do any of these upcoming QBs have top 5-7 potential?

Postby RightlegTucker » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:02 pm

Winston's the best QB prospect to come out since Luck. To quantify it, off the field issues aside he may be a better prospect than RG3 was coming out. He can read the field, has a cannon for an arm, and perhaps contrary to popular belief, is a smart kid. His most glaring issue is his decision making. On the field, he routinely throws passes off his back foot and generally trusts his arm more than he should, while his off the field antics have been widely reported and do not need to be elaborated on any further. The controversy surrounding him from the juvenile stuff to the serious allegations need to be taken into consideration when evaluating him though, he is immensely talented but that doesn't mean jack if he can't keep his nose clean. I like Mariota as well as a pro-prospect, to me he looks like a more polished Kaepernick with a weaker arm, I haven't watched that much of him as of yet and am ill-equipped to elaborate beyond this general statement. In summation, Winston's the only one I see having top 5 potential and is the overall better passer, Mariota has the higher floor but I don't see him having elite upside.

heydangle
All Pro
All Pro

Postby heydangle » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:29 pm

Agree ^

xchrisntiffx
Role Player
Role Player

Postby xchrisntiffx » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:10 am

Hoping I can land either one but I won't pick until 10 probably.

For me it depends on where they go. If mariota goes to the Bucks, Evans makes him elite top 5 upside. If he goes to the jets.... Yuck.
10 team non ppr -Scoring:10 yards rush or receiving = 1 pt and 20 return = 1pt. 6 pt rush/rec td. Passing TD 4 points
Start: QB, WR,RB, TE, (W/R/T)x4,K, IPD flex, LB, DT, DE,CB,S
QB: Cam Newton(Car). Winston
TE: Gronkowski( NE), Ebron (det) Eifert (Cin)
RB: A.peterson(min), t.yeldon(jax), tre mason, CJ Spiller, Giovani Bernard(Cin),, M. Ingram(NO),a.blue (hou), c.pain((car),J Mckinnon(Min),I. crowell (Cle)
WR's: Dez, AJ Green(cin),Julio Jones(atl),Randall Cobb(GB), Kennan Allen (San),Kelvin Benjermin ( Car)