Winston or Mariota?

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.

Winston or Mariota?

Winston
44%
Mariota
56%

Total votes: 80

TomBobAnderson
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Winston or Mariota?

Postby TomBobAnderson » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:04 pm

Not trying to get into a silly argument with you but I didn't imply anything. I wrote exactly what I meant. "I don't ever remember him making one NFL throw"... But let's get back to what the real conversation is. If you prefer Mariota that's fine, but I also don't remember one QB from a spread offense have long term success in the NFL. (Again not saying there aren't any just don't remember.) But hey, I thought Cam Newton would be a bust and that Byron Leftwich would be a franchise QB. There's a reason I'm not an NFL GM. We'll see what happens with both Mariota and Winston in about 5 years.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:24 pm

Swampdonkey17 wrote: 5000 yards, 50 tds, and he didn't throw ONE?
Gotta give Mariota props. He mastered Oregon's offense, made the right plays, made little errors and was extremely mobile.

But as far as NFL promise, he just doesn't make many of those plays. Is he capable? None of us really know. People who know him best say he is, but the offense Oregon runs will never show it. Winston on the other hand looks like an NFL QB on the field, but looks like a dumbass off the field. He has a lot of growing up to do and there's no guarantee it will happen.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:11 pm

We should learn a lot more over the next few weeks, but what are any of your thoughts now on Winston vs Mariota?

News is always gloing in camp so I don't put too much faith in that.

I am still where I was after the draft. I like Winston more but think Mariota's legs might give him a higher floor, maybe even a higher ceiling. I prefer Winston's odds. Of becoming a high level pro qb though to Mariota's
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

heydangle
All Pro
All Pro

Postby heydangle » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:50 pm

Still like Winston and his situation better..

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:13 pm

Rye300 wrote:There is positively 0.00% chance that the Titans draft Mariota. Unless they fire Whisenhunt before the draft. He does NOT want his QB to run under nearly any circumstance and he is coaching for his job next year and the GM is on the hot seat right now. Now way they take a rookie QB at 2, especially Mariota who doesn't fit what they want to do. I see them taking Randy Gregory, Leionard Williams or trading down. Maybe a small chance of Amari Vooper since they really only have Wright and Hunter with Washington on his way out. Every si gle mock draft that has Mariota to the Titans is an absolute joke and they clearly aren't doing any research, rant over Lol.
This is pretty good

TomBobAnderson
All Pro
All Pro

Postby TomBobAnderson » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:53 pm

zfifelski wrote:
Rye300 wrote:There is positively 0.00% chance that the Titans draft Mariota. Unless they fire Whisenhunt before the draft. He does NOT want his QB to run under nearly any circumstance and he is coaching for his job next year and the GM is on the hot seat right now. Now way they take a rookie QB at 2, especially Mariota who doesn't fit what they want to do. I see them taking Randy Gregory, Leionard Williams or trading down. Maybe a small chance of Amari Vooper since they really only have Wright and Hunter with Washington on his way out. Every si gle mock draft that has Mariota to the Titans is an absolute joke and they clearly aren't doing any research, rant over Lol.
This is pretty good

To his defense, I thought the Titans would trade the pick away.

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:53 am

SUGARRAYJOSE wrote:
zfifelski wrote:
This is pretty good

To his defense, I thought the Titans would trade the pick away.
Oh I know. I was ready for something crazy to happen at 1.02 as well. Somehow I found this browsing yesterday and thought the comments in retrospect are interesting. I'm sure I've made a few bold statements myself that someone could dig up and make me eat crow for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diti51
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Diti51 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:06 pm

Vooper for Rye3000 and Marioto for the NFL commish are clear studs. Lousy Smarch weather. Kidding. haha. My chair of typos.
Team 1- Friday Night Lights
12 tm dynasty PPR, TE premiumQB/2RB/2WR/TE/3FLEX/K/D
http://www63.myfantasyleague.com/2017/home/14805#0
QB: Mahomes/Mayfield/Levis
RB: Jonathan Taylor/Singletary/Allgier/Ty Chandler/Bigsby/AGibson
WR: Garret Wilson/Nico Collins/Diontae Johnson/Mi Williams/Marquise Brown/Zay Flowers
TE: Goeddert/Njoku/Ferguson/Harrison Bryant

Team 2 - Good Life
12 tm dynasty PPR, TE premiumQB/2RB/2WR/TE/2FLEX/K/D
http://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2017/home/58823#0
QB: Josh Allen/Dobbs
RB: Jon Taylor/Roschon Johnson/JK Dobbins/Ty Chandler
WR: Diggs/Lockett/Diontae Johnson/Pittman/Elijah Moore/Jayden Reed/Wandale Robinson
TE: Ferguson/Okwonkwo/Juwan Johnson/Tucker Kraft/Ruckert

Team 3 - WFL
12 tm dynasty superflex, PPR, 26 man roster salary cap - no K/DST
QB: Fields/TLawrence/Zach Wilson/Mills
RB: Gibson/Chandler
WR: ACooper/Lockett/Godwin/Rashee Rice/Josh Downs/Mingo/Elijah Moore/WRobinson
TE: Goeddert/Trautman/Brevin Jordan