Best Running Back in 2015? (not including Gurley or Gordon)

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.

Who would you take in a rookie draft first?

Tevin Coleman
21%
Tj Yeldon
17%
Duke Johnson
22%
Jay Ajayi
21%
Mike Davis
8%
Ameer Abdullah
11%

Total votes: 138

RightlegTucker
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Best Running Back in 2015? (not including Gurley or Gord

Postby RightlegTucker » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:24 am

Plank wrote:Keep hearing over and over on twitter ... that Coleman only wins in space, is too stiff, and is going to have problems transitioning in the NFL...
That's what I saw as well, I think he has better power than I've been giving him credit for, but aside from his stiff hips I question his leg drive.

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:38 am

This past Thanksgiving, my brother in law's nephew (who plays for Boise) answered a few questions I had regarding Jay Ajayi and Amari Cooper. Turns out, he was actually roommates with Jay.

When asked if Jay was the real deal, he agreed whole heartedly. He mentioned though, that Jay didn't always go 100%. When Jay is focused, he is one of the best backs in college football. He told me to tune in to their final game to see what a focused Jay was capable of. I believe he had a pretty solid performance. Now that he is headed for the pros, I don't believe motivation will be a problem. From what I am hearing, he is in full beast mode. I will be selecting Ajayi whereever I can.

Other comments...

He said players had a TREMENDOUS amount of repect for Amari Cooper. The guy is a flat out BEAST. Called him the best receiver in college football.
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:27 pm

Thanks for posting that QandA .. I really did have questions whether Jay really loved the game or if it was a showcase of his skill set .. I think its pretty evident in his film sometimes, like it was a boxer going into the ring just because he's so much better than everyone else, but hates to box... if that makes sense.

I'd really like to know if the kid lives, loves and breathes football.. heh.
@PlankMelody