Reverse logic on trading 1.1

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
Swampdonkey17
All Pro
All Pro

Reverse logic on trading 1.1

Postby Swampdonkey17 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:13 am

So I know the time to get picks is now or already past, and it's harder to get them closer to rookie fever season. HOWEVER, everyone knows who Gurley is. Everyone has him penciled in at 1.1. It's Gurley and than the rest. Not everyone has done thorough research on the rest of the draft class. So those mid-late 1sts, maybe even early 1sts aren't worth now what they will be in April. Everyone had Sammy and Evans 1A, 1B. But looking back, it would be nice to get Cooks, Hyde for Sammy no?

So for a savvy owner who is looking to trade back for more rebuild ammo, is NOW the time to sell that pick for "worthless" 1sts?
What in your opinion would you trade the 1.1 for (including 2016 picks)

is 1.1 for 1.6ish, 2nd and 2016 1st outlndish?
Journal of my first orphan rebuild. If you're in a rebuild and want to get ideas or give some, feel free.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=92442
QB: Andrew Luck,Andy Dalton, Brett Hundley, Trevor Siemian
RB: Lamar Miller, Eddie Lacy,Carlos Hyde,Dion Lewis, Mark Ingram, Thomas Rawls,Terrell Watson, Legarette Blount, Daniel Lasco, DJ Foster
WR: Deandre Hopkins,Alshon Jeffrey,Randall Cobb,Kelvin Benjamin,Jarvis Landry, Devante Parker, Tyrell Williams,
TE: Greg Olsen, Eric Ebron,Julius Thomas
D: Denver, Baltimore

jteezy
Captain
Captain

Re: Reverse logic on trading 1.1

Postby jteezy » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:28 pm

I wouldn't sell 1.01 for that. I'd wait but if you you are insistent on selling now, I'd probably want a top 3 pick + 1.07ish and a 2016 1st.
PPR/IDP 14-team. 40 active roster.
Starting req. QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, K, 3 DB, 3 DL, 3 LB, DB/DL/LB

QB - Ryan, Eli, Bradford
RB - Charles, Lacy, Sims, De'Anthony Thomas, Starks, Oliver, DMC, Pierce
WR - AJG, Julio, Floyd, Jarvis Landry, Torrey Smith, Fitzgerald, Sanu
TE - Witten, ASJ, Cook
K - Tucker, Walsh
DB - Griffin, Earl, Barron , Gay
DL - Quinn, JPP, Moore
LB - Kendricks, Houston, Posluzny, Telvin, Burris

IR:
Dennis Pitta, Stephen Tulloch, Justin Blackmon
PS:
(1) Todd Gurley
(2) Amari Cooper
(3) Stefon Diggs
(4) Laquon Treadwell

2.01, 2.02, 2.04
2016 1st - 5th

ConnSKINS26
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ConnSKINS26 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:26 pm

No. You'll still get way more by waiting until close to your rookie draft or when you're actually on the clock. Just like every single year, with every single draft pick.

Swampdonkey17
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Swampdonkey17 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:38 pm

jteezy wrote:I wouldn't sell 1.01 for that. I'd wait but if you you are insistent on selling now, I'd probably want a top 3 pick + 1.07ish and a 2016 1st.
this is what I was hoping for
Journal of my first orphan rebuild. If you're in a rebuild and want to get ideas or give some, feel free.
RB: Lamar Miller, Eddie Lacy,Carlos Hyde,Dion Lewis, Mark Ingram, Thomas Rawls,Terrell Watson, Legarette Blount, Daniel Lasco, DJ Foster
WR: Deandre Hopkins,Alshon Jeffrey,Randall Cobb,Kelvin Benjamin,Jarvis Landry, Devante Parker, Tyrell Williams,

jteezy
Captain
Captain

Postby jteezy » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:56 pm

Swampdonkey17 wrote:
jteezy wrote:I wouldn't sell 1.01 for that. I'd wait but if you you are insistent on selling now, I'd probably want a top 3 pick + 1.07ish and a 2016 1st.
this is what I was hoping for
And you could probably turn 1.07(ish) into a 2015 mid 2nd + 2016 1st. This should help your rebuild unless the player at that pick is a must have.
PPR/IDP 14-team. 40 active roster.
Starting req. QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, K, 3 DB, 3 DL, 3 LB, DB/DL/LB

QB - Ryan, Eli, Bradford
RB - Charles, Lacy, Sims, De'Anthony Thomas, Starks, Oliver, DMC, Pierce
WR - AJG, Julio, Floyd, Jarvis Landry, Torrey Smith, Fitzgerald, Sanu
TE - Witten, ASJ, Cook
K - Tucker, Walsh
DB - Griffin, Earl, Barron , Gay
DL - Quinn, JPP, Moore
LB - Kendricks, Houston, Posluzny, Telvin, Burris

IR:
Dennis Pitta, Stephen Tulloch, Justin Blackmon
PS:
(1) Todd Gurley
(2) Amari Cooper
(3) Stefon Diggs
(4) Laquon Treadwell

2.01, 2.02, 2.04
2016 1st - 5th

rubber_duck
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby rubber_duck » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:00 am

The 2015 class is looking like a good one to trade back in, maybe better than the 2014 class for trading back. This last year was great for WRs, but not so much for RBs.

2015 may be solid to very good when looking at the top prospects at all three positions: QB, RB and WR. Trading your 1.01 for a couple of mid-1st and a little extra ... yeah, I'd look for a deal like that.

My early impression of the 2016 class has me thinking it will be a bit of a let down. If you've got the same thoughts, then moving your 2016 picks into 2015 might be savvy. Although, I generally don't like to sell future picks.

Swampdonkey17
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Swampdonkey17 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:05 am

rubber_duck wrote:The 2015 class is looking like a good one to trade back in, maybe better than the 2014 class for trading back. This last year was great for WRs, but not so much for RBs.

2015 may be solid to very good when looking at the top prospects at all three positions: QB, RB and WR. Trading your 1.01 for a couple of mid-1st and a little extra ... yeah, I'd look for a deal like that.

My early impression of the 2016 class has me thinking it will be a bit of a let down. If you've got the same thoughts, then moving your 2016 picks into 2015 might be savvy. Although, I generally don't like to sell future picks.
I agree about 2015. But every single year we say this year is loaded, and next is a letdown. 6 months ago 2015 draft had a couple rbs and thats it. Now its deep as hell. Funny

Johnnygolf9
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Johnnygolf9 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:31 am

How is 2016 look bad? it has Marquez North, Laquan, Tyner, Clement, Henry, Boyd, Collins, Howard, the next Andrew Luck in Hackenberg

Doggie
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Doggie » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:32 am

If Gurley is not "your guy" then YES, trade back and get a bundle for the 1.01

Just don't short-change yourself by taking too little.

Someone will pay handsomely for the 1.01 around the combine or immediately after the NFL draft.

The Combine was when I acquired Aaron Rodgers last year in a package deal for my 1.06 pick

The guy fell in love with Ebron at the combine and text me like crazy that day

Now my team is epic.. because I horde draft picks and wait for opportunities to present themselves.

In this game, draft picks are the closest thing we have to currency.

RightlegTucker
All Pro
All Pro

Postby RightlegTucker » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:18 pm

I love both Cooks and Hyde, I think they both have top 10 potential at their respective positions. However, I also think that Sammy is a special talent, and give the choice between the two I'd take Watkins all day. Comparatively speaking, I believe Gurley is the same type of player, and is arguably the best running back prospect to come out since Adrian Peterson. When there is a clear cut top tier player in the class, I can't see trading 1.1 to accumulate other picks, but that's just my take on it. There is incredible depth at RB this year. I hope people keep sleeping on guys like Mike Davis and Duke Johnson until it's too late.

Swampdonkey17
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Swampdonkey17 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:56 am

RightlegTucker wrote:I love both Cooks and Hyde, I think they both have top 10 potential at their respective positions. However, I also think that Sammy is a special talent, and give the choice between the two I'd take Watkins all day. Comparatively speaking, I believe Gurley is the same type of player, and is arguably the best running back prospect to come out since Adrian Peterson. When there is a clear cut top tier player in the class, I can't see trading 1.1 to accumulate other picks, but that's just my take on it. There is incredible depth at RB this year. I hope people keep sleeping on guys like Mike Davis and Duke Johnson until it's too late.

Isn't that all the more reason to trade back? Get Amari Cooper, Mike Davis and say a 2nd or 2016 1st? My team is hurting at WR, strong at every other position for next year. I'm real strong at RB, which I think is gonna work out beautifully for me while others are strong at WR. I'll trade back for the RB they desperately need, and grab 2 WR's. I know it's typically BPA, but I can go for needs early with my roster and draft class and get a rb or 2 later

Doggie
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Doggie » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:47 am

Or you could trade the 1.1 for an existing stud WR

Wait to see who gets rookie fever in your league

Someone will be willing to grossly overpay