Top prospects for 2015

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
yooperbacker
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Top prospects for 2015

Postby yooperbacker » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:07 pm

That is where I'm at after evaluating a few of the top prospects. The depth is at the RB position, but there are some top end wr and qb prospects to be had.
16 Team 53 man roster ppr tack heavy idp (1qb, 1-3rbs, 2-5wrs, 1-3te)
Qb:P. Rivers, T. Taylor, C. Daniels
Rb:D. Johnson, G. Bernard, J. Mixon, A. Kamara
Wr:S. Watkins, K. Allen, D. Moncrief, A. Cooper, K. White, Doctson, C. Davis
Te: T. Eifert, Z. Ertz, A. Derby

ConnSKINS26
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ConnSKINS26 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:00 pm

I agree with you, pretty much.

Although I think a lot of the depth RB's people are excited about now outside of Gurley/Gordon/Abdullah will end up being flawed enough in their own ways that a ton of these WR's will rise above them eventually in rankings. Other than the RB's elevated by enticing situations, of course.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:04 pm

ConnSKINS26 wrote:I agree with you, pretty much.

Although I think a lot of the depth RB's people are excited about now outside of Gurley/Gordon/Abdullah will end up being flawed enough in their own ways that a ton of these WR's will rise above them eventually in rankings. Other than the RB's elevated by enticing situations, of course.
I think RB is very situational, and depending on where they go Mike Davis, Javorious Allen, Duke Johnson could be pretty solid.

dynasty12
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby dynasty12 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:20 pm

Duke Williams and Jay ajayi are my two favorite prospects. Assuming both go pro.

yooperbacker
Role Player
Role Player

Postby yooperbacker » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:28 am

Anyone care to post their revised 2015 rookie ranks?
16 Team 53 man roster ppr tack heavy idp (1qb, 1-3rbs, 2-5wrs, 1-3te)
Qb:P. Rivers, T. Taylor, C. Daniels
Rb:D. Johnson, G. Bernard, J. Mixon, A. Kamara
Wr:S. Watkins, K. Allen, D. Moncrief, A. Cooper, K. White, Doctson, C. Davis
Te: T. Eifert, Z. Ertz, A. Derby

ConnSKINS26
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ConnSKINS26 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:53 pm

Gurley
Cooper
Gordon
Kevin White
Funchess
Abdullah
Strong/Parker
Davis

Guys like Coates, Duke Williams, Duke Johnson, Stefon Diggs will all slot in after I've looked at them more and will depend a lot more on landing spot, in some cases. I also haven't seen enough of Tevin Coleman. And I need to see a lot more from Karlos Williams before I can be sure about him, I really liked him but he's not putting it together yet.

Probably missing some guys, this is just off the top of my head.

dlf_scottf
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby dlf_scottf » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:06 pm

Hey guys, I don't know how many know about this, but I'm running 2015 Dynasty Rookie mocks. The first one is going on right now. I'm going to publish something on DLF about the first one. I'm hoping to do many and get some ADP. If you would like to take part in one let me know. These mocks are a mix of DLF writers, writers from other sites, and non-writers who told me they wanted in.

You can follow the first one here: http://dynastyleaguefootball.com/DLF-in ... k1&bg=blue

Mike_Blahnik
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Mike_Blahnik » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:03 pm

yooperbacker wrote:Anyone care to post their revised 2015 rookie ranks?
I don't have hard and fast rankings or a big board, but I will throw out some tiered groupings that are starting to take shape for me personally:

Tier 1:
Gurley
Gordon

Tier 2:
Funchess
Cooper
Ajayi
White
Strong
Davis
Parker

Tier 3:
Duke Johnson
Duke Williams
Yeldon
DGB

Tier 4:
Abdullah
Coleman
Coates
Diggs
Greene
Mariota

Sure I'm missing a couple but, eh, it's still October :D
League of Economical Gentlemen
12 Team 2QB .5ppr with return yardage
QB/QB/RB/WR/TE/Flex/Flex/Flex

For the Gipper
Newton/Tannehill/G. Smith/Henne/Fitzpatrick
Bernard/Ivory/Hunter/Carey/
Patterson/Floyd/Blackmon/Shorts/T Williams/Adams
Gronkowski/ASJ/Gresham

Mike_Blahnik
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Mike_Blahnik » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:08 pm

ConnSKINS26 wrote:Gurley
Cooper
Gordon
Kevin White
Funchess
Abdullah
Strong/Parker
Davis

Guys like Coates, Duke Williams, Duke Johnson, Stefon Diggs will all slot in after I've looked at them more and will depend a lot more on landing spot, in some cases. I also haven't seen enough of Tevin Coleman. And I need to see a lot more from Karlos Williams before I can be sure about him, I really liked him but he's not putting it together yet.

Probably missing some guys, this is just off the top of my head.
I was hoping for big things from Williams but have been disappointed to this point. He doesn't break contact or run between the tackles like the big mean animal his physical dimensions say he should be. I will be watching him closely over the remainder of the season, and hope to see him turn up the intensity.
League of Economical Gentlemen
12 Team 2QB .5ppr with return yardage
QB/QB/RB/WR/TE/Flex/Flex/Flex

For the Gipper
Newton/Tannehill/G. Smith/Henne/Fitzpatrick
Bernard/Ivory/Hunter/Carey/
Patterson/Floyd/Blackmon/Shorts/T Williams/Adams
Gronkowski/ASJ/Gresham

heydangle
All Pro
All Pro

Postby heydangle » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:06 am

I expect Davante Parker to rise up draft boards

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:19 am

How come everyone ranks Gurley ahead of Gordon? I really like both prospects, much more than the past few year's draft classes, but I think Gordon is clearly the superior prospect to Gurley - what am I missing?

I can't help but see a little T-Rich in Gurley's game, but there's no doubt that he's a physical, bellcow RB that doesn't really have any glaring weakness. However, it worries me that it takes him a couple extra strides to get up to full speed, which I think really gets exposed at the NFL level.

Gordon, on the other hand, goes from 0-60 in the blink of an eye and his 60 is faster than everyone else's. He's got great vision, and while he's billed as a speed back, he's more physical than people give him credit for and is still tremendous running the ball between the tackles. I'm guessing people are concerned about his lack of involvement in the passing game, but the few times I've seen the opportunity present itself, Gordon has looked more than capable catching the ball.

Can someone convince me otherwise?
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

bigchiefbc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby bigchiefbc » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:57 pm

The receiving portion is a very big deal in today's NFL, and I tend to play in PPR leagues so that is also a big deal for me. Gordon has finally put up a dozen catches or so to prove he can, but it's never been his strength. Whereas Gurley has shown that he's an excellent and dependable pass catcher. He caught 37/441/6 in only 10 games last year, which pro-rates to 59 for 705 over a 16-game schedule. I've always felt that most Gurley comps are off; I think he could be the next Matt Forte. They're both 6'2", they both run 4.45-4.50 40s, Gurley has about 15 extra pounds, but I think it's a pretty solid comp.

Bronx Bomber
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Bronx Bomber » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:42 am

Why would Wisc think they need to get Gordon receptions though, he does whatever he wants just by handing the ball to him. Have they lost any games yet where people are saying they should have got Gordon more receptions? (serious question)

bigchiefbc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby bigchiefbc » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:02 pm

Bronx Bomber wrote:Why would Wisc think they need to get Gordon receptions though, he does whatever he wants just by handing the ball to him. Have they lost any games yet where people are saying they should have got Gordon more receptions? (serious question)
No, Wisconsin doesn't give a crap about building up Gordon's draft stock, they care about winning games. But NFL teams care about whether a guy can catch, run routes, and pass block, and Gordon hasn't really had much of an opportunity to showcase that. Hopefully he prepares to do all of that for the combine/pro day.

RYRY3757
Rookie
Rookie

Postby RYRY3757 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:43 pm

Biggest flaw with Gordon is his inability to run in traffic. He has obviously been working on it being that he is tremendously better than last year when he was a Jet Sweep machine. When you look at most of his runs he is not running between the tackles navigating through traffic. He doesn't typically get the tough yards up the middle. He shys away and tries to bounce it outside on most plays. College level he is able to do this with great success being that Wisconsin has a dominate offensive line that seals the defensive ends, making them unable to pursue. NFL level LB's and D Lineman will go east and west with him all day. All this said his talent is obviously there and I look forward to seeing him transition to the NFL BUT I think it will be exactly that a transition.