Top prospects for 2015

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
yooperbacker
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Top prospects for 2015

Postby yooperbacker » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:35 pm

I know I was very disappointed in Funchess (and the rest of the wolverines) this past Saturday. Gardner tried forcing him the ball all day and Devin just didn't seem to have the "my ball" mentality that you look for in big possession receivers. In his defense he did seem to be hobbled by injury, but he's definitely going to be under a microscope the rest of the season.
16 Team 53 man roster ppr tack heavy idp (1qb, 1-3rbs, 2-5wrs, 1-3te)
Qb:P. Rivers, T. Taylor, C. Daniels
Rb:D. Johnson, G. Bernard, J. Mixon, A. Kamara
Wr:S. Watkins, K. Allen, D. Moncrief, A. Cooper, K. White, Doctson, C. Davis
Te: T. Eifert, Z. Ertz, A. Derby

hailtoyourvictor
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby hailtoyourvictor » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:13 pm

yooperbacker wrote:I know I was very disappointed in Funchess (and the rest of the wolverines) this past Saturday. Gardner tried forcing him the ball all day and Devin just didn't seem to have the "my ball" mentality that you look for in big possession receivers. In his defense he did seem to be hobbled by injury, but he's definitely going to be under a microscope the rest of the season.
Devin Funchess could barely walk. It showed him hopping around on the sideline after one of the plays and completely avoiding putting any weight on that ankle.

Mike_Blahnik
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Mike_Blahnik » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:53 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
yooperbacker wrote:I know I was very disappointed in Funchess (and the rest of the wolverines) this past Saturday. Gardner tried forcing him the ball all day and Devin just didn't seem to have the "my ball" mentality that you look for in big possession receivers. In his defense he did seem to be hobbled by injury, but he's definitely going to be under a microscope the rest of the season.
Devin Funchess could barely walk. It showed him hopping around on the sideline after one of the plays and completely avoiding putting any weight on that ankle.
Agree with Hail and injury concerns mentioned here... I wouldn't hold this most recent performance against Funchess. He's clearly not 100%.

Maintain your opinion but don't write it in ink until he rounds back into form, then re-evaluate.
I'm still optimistic.
League of Economical Gentlemen
12 Team 2QB .5ppr with return yardage
QB/QB/RB/WR/TE/Flex/Flex/Flex

For the Gipper
Newton/Tannehill/G. Smith/Henne/Fitzpatrick
Bernard/Ivory/Hunter/Carey/
Patterson/Floyd/Blackmon/Shorts/T Williams/Adams
Gronkowski/ASJ/Gresham

yooperbacker
Role Player
Role Player

Postby yooperbacker » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:35 pm

I have 5 high 1st round picks in 2015. Definitely grabbing Gurley and either yeldon or gordon. Just wondering where the top receivers in this class would rank with receivers from last year. Should I use my 3 remaining 1sts on rookie wrs or trade my picks for last year's rookie or package for something proven? Team is in sig and is in full rebuild.

Jimmy Jones
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Jimmy Jones » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:02 pm

Anyone with knowledge of college football mind putting up a top 5 or top 10 list of guys to watch including the teams they play for? When I scroll through the games I literally know nothing about any of the teams playing other than Gurley, Georgia; Gordon, Wisconsin; and Cooper, Alabama. I don't see any of those teams playing..
The Green Bay Packers
10 Team Superflex, Pass Heavy Scoring
1QB, 1QB/RB/WR/TE, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Def, 1K
Passing: 2pt/20yds 5pt/TD; Rushing/Receiving: 2pt/10yds; 1PPR

QB's: ARod, Rivers, Sanchez, Manziel, Mallett, Mettenberger
RB's: Charles, Lacy, Ellington, Oliver, Davis, Starks, CMike
WR's: Julio, Maclin, Sanders, Watkins, Crabtree, Patterson, Quick
TE's: Graham, Kelce, ASJ

yooperbacker
Role Player
Role Player

Postby yooperbacker » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:29 pm

Matt Walkman RSP. Just started a new series with Draft breakdown where he and a guest pick 2 prospects and analyze some film. Great stuff!

jteezy
Captain
Captain

Postby jteezy » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:41 am

Jimmy Jones wrote:Anyone with knowledge of college football mind putting up a top 5 or top 10 list of guys to watch including the teams they play for? When I scroll through the games I literally know nothing about any of the teams playing other than Gurley, Georgia; Gordon, Wisconsin; and Cooper, Alabama. I don't see any of those teams playing..
I don't watch as much as I should but some guys I'm watching:

QB
Marcus Mariotta - Oregon
Christian Hackenburg - Penn State

RB
Ameer Abdullah - Nebraska
Jay Ayaji - Boise State
Duke Johnson - Miami
Alex Collins - Arkansas

WR
Laquon Treadwell - Ole Miss
Rasheed Greene - Florida State
Stefon Diggs - Maryland
Jaleen Strong - Arizona State

Hope this is helpful.
PPR/IDP 14-team. 40 active roster.
Starting req. QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, K, 3 DB, 3 DL, 3 LB, DB/DL/LB

QB - Ryan, Eli, Bradford
RB - Charles, Lacy, Sims, De'Anthony Thomas, Starks, Oliver, DMC, Pierce
WR - AJG, Julio, Floyd, Jarvis Landry, Torrey Smith, Fitzgerald, Sanu
TE - Witten, ASJ, Cook
K - Tucker, Walsh
DB - Griffin, Earl, Barron , Gay
DL - Quinn, JPP, Moore
LB - Kendricks, Houston, Posluzny, Telvin, Burris

IR:
Dennis Pitta, Stephen Tulloch, Justin Blackmon
PS:
(1) Todd Gurley
(2) Amari Cooper
(3) Stefon Diggs
(4) Laquon Treadwell

2.01, 2.02, 2.04
2016 1st - 5th

yooperbacker
Role Player
Role Player

Postby yooperbacker » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:37 pm

Just looked at Kevin White on draft breakdown after hearing scouts comparing him to Larry Fitzgerald. Passes the eye test and is producing in a big way this year.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:06 pm

QB:
The mobile QB's are nice but pay attention to Sean Mannion and Connor Cook. Those two could be true NFL Quarterbacks.

RB:
Gurley is the best RB prospect in some time.
Also watch for TJ Yeldon, Melvin Gordon is probably the most explosive. Duke Johnson is good too but a little small. Same with Ameer Abdullah. Going to be an interesting draft.

WR:
Cooper #1. Love Ty Montgomery, he's a beast. Kevin White out of WVU will climb come the draft. Rashad Greene is a little light weight so I think scouts will pick him apart during the draft process and I think he could be a steal.Nelson Aghular isn't any more special than all the other USC guys, nice route runner, won't be a superstar.

Watch for Jaelen Strong too, 6'3 215ish.

TE:
Gross. Funchess needs to put on weight to block at TE. O'leary out of FSU is only 6'3, so he could be a h-back/move tight end a la Dwayne Allen. Rory Anderson out of S. Carolina has nice hands but he's a bit of tweener as well.

ConnSKINS26
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ConnSKINS26 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:37 pm

Jason3123 wrote:QB:
The mobile QB's are nice but pay attention to Sean Mannion and Connor Cook. Those two could be true NFL Quarterbacks.

RB:
Also watch for TJ Yeldon, Melvin Gordon is probably the most explosive. Duke Johnson is good too but a little small. Same with Ameer Abdullah. Going to be an interesting draft.

WR:
Cooper #1. Love Ty Montgomery, he's a beast. Kevin White out of WVU will climb come the draft. Rashad Greene is a little light weight so I think scouts will pick him apart during the draft process and I think he could be a steal.Nelson Aghular isn't any more special than all the other USC guys, nice route runner, won't be a superstar.

TE:
Gross. Funchess needs to put on weight to block at TE. O'leary out of FSU is only 6'3, so he could be a h-back/move tight end a la Dwayne Allen. Rory Anderson out of S. Carolina has nice hands but he's a bit of tweener as well.
Funchess is a WR prospect, not a TE prospect. And a top-5 one in this class, at that. Probably top-3.

yooperbacker
Role Player
Role Player

Postby yooperbacker » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:58 pm

ConnSKINS 26 you seem to be well versed in devy leagues. Where do the top wrs in this class (cooper, funchess, white, dgb) rank with last years rookies?

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:08 pm

ConnSKINS26 wrote:

RB:

WR:

TE:
Funchess is a WR prospect, not a TE prospect. And a top-5 one in this class, at that. Probably top-3.
He would be better off putting on weight to play TE. He'd be a special prospect that way.

yooperbacker
Role Player
Role Player

Postby yooperbacker » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:27 pm

I think Funchess is a TE like Jimmy Graham or Ladarius Green are TEs. In name and franchise tag designation only.

ConnSKINS26
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ConnSKINS26 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:38 pm

Jason3123 wrote:
ConnSKINS26 wrote:

RB:

WR:

TE:
He would be better off putting on weight to play TE. He'd be a special prospect that way.
Not really. He could stay exactly as he is and play that same jumbo slot WR role if an NFL team desires, without putting on needless weight and slowing down. He's never going to throw a useful block, so the weight would be useless. He's never going to play the in-line spot.

He's much more Alshon Jeffery than Jimmy Graham. He's a WR. He'll time faster than 4.6, easily. And he's athletic. Hurdles guys and makes moves on screens like he's a much smaller receiver.

ConnSKINS26
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ConnSKINS26 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:46 pm

yooperbacker wrote:ConnSKINS 26 you seem to be well versed in devy leagues. Where do the top wrs in this class (cooper, funchess, white, dgb) rank with last years rookies?
I'd have them like this right now (with the understanding that I'm projecting these college WR's to finish the year and perform at the combine as I expect):

Watkins
Cooper
Evans/Funchess/White
Cooks/Benjamin (using hindsight)
Mathews

DGB (who I actually own in a devy league, to put this in context) I won't even rank without more info. Despite all his issues he could go in the late 1st or early 2nd, or he could go completely undrafted like Da'Rick Rogers. Or, he actually returns to school, which I don't think he'll do. But DGB isn't a guy I'm comfortable ranking among guys I KNOW will get drafted right now. Too much risk, and his game never came together on the field enough for me to overlook it at this point.

Guys I also like who have a chance to be better prospects than the Beckham/Robinson/Lee/etc. tier include:

Stefon Diggs
Duke Williams
De'Runnya Wilson
Jaelen Strong
DeVante Parker
Sammie Coates
Ty Montgomery

This WR class could be even more stacked at the top than last years, and might be as deep. With MORE prototypical #1 WR sized prospects.