Donte moncrief

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
Ron_Y
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Donte moncrief

Postby Ron_Y » Fri May 16, 2014 12:28 pm

Can you guys all him to me? He's got Alot of hype and I don't get it. I've watched entire game tape and also his highlight reels and don't get the love... Just wondering what I'm missing.

From what I saw... He loses concentration and drops more easy balls than any other wr I've watched.... Including Benjamin.... Catches the ball against his body too often... Etc.
Primary League10 Team, 2QB, 2TE, .5 PPR: 3x Champion, 1x Runner Up
QB: Herbert, Carr, Howell
RB: Saquon, Mixon, A. Jones Henderson, Mitchell, CEH, Wilson
WR: Jefferson, Chase, Amon-Ra, Meyers, QJohnston, Zay. Mooney
TE: Kelce, Higbee, Parham, Likely,

Team Tacos
MVP
MVP

Re: Donte moncrief

Postby Team Tacos » Fri May 16, 2014 3:06 pm

I agree about his tape, I think his speed and measurables are what make him special. I've started looking at him a bit more, but not too seriously.
WR: OBJ, Dez, AJG, K. Allen, Crowder, K. White;
RB: Gurley, Montgomery, Lacy; QB: Wilson, Goff; TE: Eifert;
DL: Bosa, Danielle H., Ansah, Frank Clark;
LB: Telvin, Kwon, Collins, Jatavis, D. Lee; DEF: KC;
DB: Burnett, C-Dix, S. Davis; K:

Rookie Bench: C. Coleman, Doctson, N. Spence, Jaylon, Jack;
IR:

Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 RB/WR/TE, 2 WR, 1 WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, 4 LB, 3 DL, 4 DB
12 teams, Non-PPR, tackle heavy w/ TFL.

TheRealFunk
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby TheRealFunk » Fri May 16, 2014 3:11 pm

He is a raw deep threat with a size/speed combo that you can't teach. Very much a work in progress and may never get there as an all-around WR, but at least he will stretch the field and catch some bombs. I think his ceiling is as a Mike Wallace/Torrey Smith type of player.

Ron_Y
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ron_Y » Fri May 16, 2014 3:25 pm

Thats what ive seen too. Of course you cant teach measurables such as size/speed....but that alone wont do it. In my opinion and from history....guys who cant catch dont do well in the NFL as a WR. That sounds like the most obvious, redundant statement of all time, i know....but seriously.

failblazer
All Pro
All Pro

Postby failblazer » Fri May 16, 2014 3:54 pm

Stephen Hill 2.0
16 Team PPR (11th Year Dynasty - Former 2 Time Champion)
P. Mahomes, Z. Wilson
C. McCaffrey, N. Harris, C. Hubbard
D. Hopkins, A. Cooper, C. Kupp, D. Johnson, G. Davis, D. Mims, J. Palmer
D. Waller, C. Kmet, B. Jordan

C. Young, R. Quinn
D. Leonard, M. Milano, C. Mosely, B. Okereke, J. Davis
J. Simmons, J. Fuller

Picks - 1.01, 2.12, 3.01, 3.15, 4.14

16 Team PPR (10th Year Dynasty - Reigning 5 Time Champion)
A. Rodgers, J. Fields
C. McCaffrey, D. Henry, J. Dobbins, M. Davis
D. Hopkins, D. Adams, C. Kupp, M. Jones, M. Valdes-Scantling, A. Green, T. Johnson, Dy. Brown, G. Pickens, J. Tolbert,
N. Fant, A. Okwugbunam, J. Harris
J. Elliott

D. Lawrence, R. Quinn, T. Hendrickson
R. Smith, B. Okereke, L. Wilson, J. Davis, D. Tranquil, B. Asamoah
J. Simmons, W. Harris

ConnSKINS26
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ConnSKINS26 » Fri May 16, 2014 9:49 pm

If you watch his highlights, you get his TD passes and big plays and almost none of them are high-point type plucks. Not sexy, because he toasts coverage and catches it over his shoulder or cradles it in the endzone. Doesn't look special. It's the getting open part that is important in the highlights.

But if you watch entire games/cut-ups you see that he CAN pluck the ball and be aggressive, he just goes through stretches where he doesn't, he disappears for some reason. But then he'll go through a dominant stretch where he'll catch with his hands and use his height and leaping ability, and you'll see that crazy potential. Those plays just aren't really your traditional highlights.

He needs to get more consistent catching with his hands, that's for sure. But he's shown he can do it.

Ron_Y
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ron_Y » Sat May 17, 2014 8:42 am

ConnSKINS26 wrote:If you watch his highlights, you get his TD passes and big plays and almost none of them are high-point type plucks. Not sexy, because he toasts coverage and catches it over his shoulder or cradles it in the endzone. Doesn't look special. It's the getting open part that is important in the highlights.

But if you watch entire games/cut-ups you see that he CAN pluck the ball and be aggressive, he just goes through stretches where he doesn't, he disappears for some reason. But then he'll go through a dominant stretch where he'll catch with his hands and use his height and leaping ability, and you'll see that crazy potential. Those plays just aren't really your traditional highlights.

He needs to get more consistent catching with his hands, that's for sure. But he's shown he can do it.
Thats the point....i did watch entire games (only offensive plays of course) and watched every play he was involved in for 3 games. Not a GIANT sample, but still, thats alot of plays.

-He stretched the field at times with his size and speed, and caught some deep passes...yes in the cradle because thats how its done.
-He could not run many routes. I saw one nice double move, but he ran lazy out/in routes, his hitch and go's were abysmal, etc. He really...really only looked like a WR when he was running a streak or a deep post.
-When he tried to catch with his hands, he dropped a large portion.
-His focus if there was any defender around him was shot...taking away any ability he has to work the inside of the field.

I see a huge mix of Stephen Hill and Greg Little with him.

If i were to watch a highlight reel of him, which i have, yes he looks fine and dandy but thats the point of those....to HIGHLIGHT his pros...not point out his negatives.

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Tue May 20, 2014 10:08 am

His hands are very small.