Best Rookie LB in Tackle Heavy League??

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
Dbolicious
Rookie
Rookie

Best Rookie LB in Tackle Heavy League??

Postby Dbolicious » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:31 am

I know the team that selects them and situation will be the final as of yet determined variable in some of these rankings, but I was wondering how people would rank the rookie LB's with the following scoring in mind;

Solo 1pt
Asst Tackle .5pt
Sack 2pt
Int 3pt
Tackle for Loss 1.25

I've been really high on Ryan Shazier and think he may be a better pick then Mack as Mack will be used more to go after the Quarterback and thus would be worth more in a big play IDP format. I'm also pretty high on Mosley as well. In the league that I have IDP in it's a contract league and we get to keep rookies for life, everyone else eventually gets rotated back into the draft, so my emphasis is trying to build a dynasty team from rookie classes over the years to come.

I'm in a great position in my draft due to building off of the rookies on offense listed below over the last 2 years, so while the rest of my league is still looking to try and still build their offense I believe I will be able to pickup at least 2 of Kuechly/David/Posluszny/Kiko and would like to pick up the top 2 rookie candidates as well.

As always I appreciate the breadth of knowledge and discussion this forum always brings, making this my favorite FF site by far! I also posted this in the IDP forum as it fits there as well but figured there may be more prospect and rookie minded folk here :)

Cheers
Dear Leader
10team non PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1 TE, 1TE/WRflx, 4IDP Flex - 25 man rosters
QB-Luck,Ben
RB-Giovanni,Morris,TRich,Mason,Hyde,McKinnon
WR- Marshall, Alshon, Cobb, DeAndre, Patterson, J.Hunter, Robinson, Moncrief
TE-Cameron, ASJ, Reed
LB - David, Kuechly, Burfict, Shazier

IT ERTZ WHEN EIFERT
nonPPR 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1 TE, 1WR/RB flex - 25 man
QB- Luck, Stafford
RB- Shady, Giovanni, Miller,Pierce,C Michael, Turbin, Crowell, Simms, Latavius, Mason
WR- Julio, Evans, Floyd, Hopkins, Robinson, OBJ, Moncrief, Randle, Woods
TE- Gronk, Ladarius, Amaro
2015 picks (3) 1sts and (2) 3rds

Blackout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Best Rookie LB in Tackle Heavy League??

Postby Blackout » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:28 am

Mosley could be Kuechly ? Nope.

Shazier could be Lavonte ? Yes

Skov could be Posz.

Borland could be Alonso.

Matticus
Captain
Captain

Re: Best Rookie LB in Tackle Heavy League??

Postby Matticus » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:49 pm

Blackout wrote:Mosley could be Kuechly ? Nope.

Shazier could be Lavonte ? Yes

Skov could be Posz.

Borland could be Alonso.
Skov too slow to be Posz. Not a 4-3 backer, must end up in a 3-4 to succeed.

My favorite is Shazier. Not sure he's going to be Lavonte, but I definitely see a lot of DJ in his game