Cody Latimer

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
cditty75
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: Cody Latimer

Postby cditty75 » Mon May 05, 2014 6:27 pm

I heard waldman was supposed to be one of the better scouts to listen to why are you down on him?

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Wed May 07, 2014 9:53 am

Prospects that rise before the draft often do so because teams and coaches are looking at the tape and are exposed to some players for the first time as scouting departments and FO staff really put things together. I find it best to look at multiple sources for information. I avoid ESPN as a general rule, but some guys do have NFL contacts and we can take certain people with grains of salt. Others I respect have quality info on Latimer.

Also, it's not just about college production. It's about how a player's skills and talents will translate to the NFL. Latimer has qualities that will allow him to beat DBs in press coverage (strength, power, explosion), speed to eat up cusion and gain separation deep, and many other things - such as my favorite trait a WR can have and that's EXCELLENT HANDS. Some are calling this guy Braylon Edwards but with great hands. Not a slashing, game-breaker per se. A more linear athlete that can win outside. There is a lot to like here and to put a guy like Matthews up in different stratospheres may be short-sighted. There is a lot to like about both players. :)
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

WelkerTexasRanger
Starter
Starter

Postby WelkerTexasRanger » Fri May 16, 2014 1:56 pm

Love the guy as a prospect, love the team fit as well but I found this an interesting read:

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_25 ... roken-foot

a) Recovering from injury

b) Broncos' rookie receivers not very productive first year or two

I know everyone is looking for the instant impact but this looks like a guy who won't give you much year 1. Be patient if you drafted him.

failblazer
All Pro
All Pro

Postby failblazer » Fri May 16, 2014 2:23 pm

I agree. I find all this talk of Latimer making an instant impact a little hard to swallow. Love him as a prospect but coming off injury and sitting behind DT, Welker, Sanders and maybe Caldwell, he'll struggle to see the field barring an injury.

Still, my general philosophy is to expect nothing out of a player's rookie season when I draft them. Impossible to rely on all but the most obvious starters to really perform strongly and consistantly so doing so often burns owners.
16 Team PPR (11th Year Dynasty - Former 2 Time Champion)
P. Mahomes, Z. Wilson
C. McCaffrey, N. Harris, C. Hubbard
D. Hopkins, A. Cooper, C. Kupp, D. Johnson, G. Davis, D. Mims, J. Palmer
D. Waller, C. Kmet, B. Jordan

C. Young, R. Quinn
D. Leonard, M. Milano, C. Mosely, B. Okereke, J. Davis
J. Simmons, J. Fuller

Picks - 1.01, 2.12, 3.01, 3.15, 4.14

16 Team PPR (10th Year Dynasty - Reigning 5 Time Champion)
A. Rodgers, J. Fields
C. McCaffrey, D. Henry, J. Dobbins, M. Davis
D. Hopkins, D. Adams, C. Kupp, M. Jones, M. Valdes-Scantling, A. Green, T. Johnson, Dy. Brown, G. Pickens, J. Tolbert,
N. Fant, A. Okwugbunam, J. Harris
J. Elliott

D. Lawrence, R. Quinn, T. Hendrickson
R. Smith, B. Okereke, L. Wilson, J. Davis, D. Tranquil, B. Asamoah
J. Simmons, W. Harris