Eric Ebron

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
Home Bake
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Eric Ebron

Postby Home Bake » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:40 am

In 2 TE league, any problems with looking at Ebron with the 1.03? I think he would have huge value there but would like some opinions.

terryb24
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Eric Ebron

Postby terryb24 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:49 am

In a 2 TE league I think it's fine. He may go top ten in the NFL Draft. I would probably take him at 1.03.
14 team league: TD ONLY: TD- 7 points, FGs- 3 Points and XP- 1 Point
QB- Carson Wentz, Ryan Tannehill, Jay Cutler, Brock Osweiler, Teddy Bridgewater
RB- Tevin Coleman, Spencer Ware, Jonathan Stewart, Matt Forte
WR- Brandin Cooks, Jarvis Landry, Jordan Matthews, Sterling Shepard, John Brown, Mike Wallace
TE- Coby Fleener
K- Dustin Hopkins, Matt Prater
2017- 3rd overall, 4th overall, 8th overall, 9th overall, 10th overall, 12th overall, 13th overall, 17th overall, 21st overall, 25th overall, and 31st overall.
2018- 3 firsts, 3 seconds, 1 third.
2019- 2 firsts.

Jimmy Jones
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Jimmy Jones » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:27 am

Depending on how high you are on Evans and Lee I'd say between 1.02 and 1.04. I'd take him at 1.03 if I had the pick in a 2TE league
The Green Bay Packers
10 Team Superflex, Pass Heavy Scoring
1QB, 1QB/RB/WR/TE, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Def, 1K
Passing: 2pt/20yds 5pt/TD; Rushing/Receiving: 2pt/10yds; 1PPR

QB's: ARod, Rivers, Sanchez, Manziel, Mallett, Mettenberger
RB's: Charles, Lacy, Ellington, Oliver, Davis, Starks, CMike
WR's: Julio, Maclin, Sanders, Watkins, Crabtree, Patterson, Quick
TE's: Graham, Kelce, ASJ

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:59 am

situation will determine how early i would look at him in a 2 te format. i feel that there are some pretty special players in this draft and ebron has that skillset, but im comfortable rolling the dice with te's. it seems like new guys emerge all the time as startable options. i would rank your players and take the highest ranked guy available, not just draft ebron because of format.

oogieboogie
Role Player
Role Player

Postby oogieboogie » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:27 am

I would consider Amaro and ASJ before Ebron.

We will see where everyone lands first.
12 teams - PPR
1QB, 2-4RB, 3-5WR, 1-3TE

QB-Ryan, Tua, Fitz, Winston
RB-Zeke, Gurley, Conner, Henry, McKinnon, Drake
WR-Adams, Cooper, Woods, Parker, Pittman, M.Jones, DJax, MVS, Fitz, Foster
TE-Cook, Alie-Cox, Fells, Doyle, Okwuegbunam
Draft Picks: 2021 1,2,3,4,4

League Champion: 2017, 2018, 2019

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:06 am

patriotsbeatz wrote:I would consider Amaro and ASJ before Ebron.

We will see where everyone lands first.

x2
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

rock-hammerson
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby rock-hammerson » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:04 pm

Why so down on ebron?
10 team ppr 32 man rosters when season starts. 1QB- 2RB- 3WR- 1TE- 2Flex and k/def
QB- Luck, Winston, Glennon
RB- Gurley, Lynch, J. Howard, Gore, Rawls, Prosise, CJ Anderson, J. Williams(BUF), Lasco, DJ Foster, M. Brown, Perkins
WR- OBJ, Hopkins, Evans, Michael Thomas, Pryor, Gordon, Snead, Latimer, Mitchell, Spruce, Turner, K. Bell, Billingsly, Carter, Campanaro
TE- Gronkowski, Rudolph, M. Williams, Swoope, Gathers
K- Gostkowski
DST- Carolina

oogieboogie
Role Player
Role Player

Postby oogieboogie » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:17 pm

Well, for one, I think Amaro has a pretty high floor and if he gets into the right situation (New England?) then he could begin to produce good fantasy numbers within half of a season. Though, I don't know if I am sold on Amaro enough to use the 1.03 on him in your league format; then again in a TE premium league where you start just 1 TE premium I've seen Amaro go 1.04 in rookie mocks.

ASJ actually has the size and talent to be a "baby Gronk." If you watch him play, he is a very capable inline blocker or receiver. He can split out wide or wherever you want him. That means he can be on the field more often and be used for more routes. Also, I like ASJ measurables better.

Uhh... I could probably say some other things but I'll just leave some quotes from Matt Waldman on Ebron. This is not to say I don't like Ebron, I'm just not cray cray for him.
After my first look at Ebron, he looked like a player with upside worth comparing to Vernon Davis. However, subsequent study reveals a player not close to Davis in overall ability. By no means is this a death knell for Ebron’s prospects, but it’s important to keep expectations manageable for a player likely to earn top billing on my post-draft board.
One of the reasons I’m emphasizing cautious optimisim with Ebron’s game is his lack of skill converting tough targets. He comes close to making some specatular adjustments in the middle of the field but doesn’t convert at a rate commensurate with his hype.
Ebron is a fine player with room to improve. If he can develop skill as an option route runner, address his overall route techniques, and eliminate lapses of concentration as a pass catcher, he can become a productive NFL receiver at the line, the wing, the slot, and split wide.

If Ebron can make these contest plays consistently, he’ll be a top-tier NFL tight end in this league. If he can’t, he’ll aspire to be a starter with some big play upside, but not one of the best.
12 teams - PPR
1QB, 2-4RB, 3-5WR, 1-3TE

QB-Ryan, Tua, Fitz, Winston
RB-Zeke, Gurley, Conner, Henry, McKinnon, Drake
WR-Adams, Cooper, Woods, Parker, Pittman, M.Jones, DJax, MVS, Fitz, Foster
TE-Cook, Alie-Cox, Fells, Doyle, Okwuegbunam
Draft Picks: 2021 1,2,3,4,4

League Champion: 2017, 2018, 2019

hamburglar
All Pro
All Pro

Postby hamburglar » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:13 am

Wow... I have the 1.5 in Fites Legion Of Supervillains (in sig) and have been side eyeing Ebron. It's a two TE and QB Flex league. And I already feel like I have a decent stable of TEs... but if this kid is special? Well every single team between my #5 and #10 picks could use an elite TE pretty badly so I'm pretty sure if I pass on him at #5 he wont be there at #10.

I'm pretty sure Watkins, Evans, a QB and a RB will go 1-4 ahead of me. I had considered Bridgewater if he fell to #5 (QB Flex and QB is a bit of a ? for me) but his slide is dropping him down my boards as well. No one seems to have that special tingle about ANY of the RBs in this draft although I could use to improve my RB situation on this team.

I guess if people dont think he's nuts to take at 1.03 in a 2 TE league me taking him at 1.05 would be a slam dunk, right?

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:16 am

Every time I watch Ebron, I am reminded of Cook for some reason. Seemingly tons of potential and upside but just never lives up to it. And Homebake if I could see the rest of your team I could comment on your draft question.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

abecksta
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby abecksta » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:15 pm

patriotsbeatz wrote:Well, for one, I think Amaro has a pretty high floor and if he gets into the right situation (New England?) then he could begin to produce good fantasy numbers within half of a season. Though, I don't know if I am sold on Amaro enough to use the 1.03 on him in your league format; then again in a TE premium league where you start just 1 TE premium I've seen Amaro go 1.04 in rookie mocks.

ASJ actually has the size and talent to be a "baby Gronk." If you watch him play, he is a very capable inline blocker or receiver. He can split out wide or wherever you want him. That means he can be on the field more often and be used for more routes. Also, I like ASJ measurables better.

Uhh... I could probably say some other things but I'll just leave some quotes from Matt Waldman on Ebron. This is not to say I don't like Ebron, I'm just not cray cray for him.
After my first look at Ebron, he looked like a player with upside worth comparing to Vernon Davis. However, subsequent study reveals a player not close to Davis in overall ability. By no means is this a death knell for Ebron’s prospects, but it’s important to keep expectations manageable for a player likely to earn top billing on my post-draft board.
One of the reasons I’m emphasizing cautious optimisim with Ebron’s game is his lack of skill converting tough targets. He comes close to making some specatular adjustments in the middle of the field but doesn’t convert at a rate commensurate with his hype.
Ebron is a fine player with room to improve. If he can develop skill as an option route runner, address his overall route techniques, and eliminate lapses of concentration as a pass catcher, he can become a productive NFL receiver at the line, the wing, the slot, and split wide.

If Ebron can make these contest plays consistently, he’ll be a top-tier NFL tight end in this league. If he can’t, he’ll aspire to be a starter with some big play upside, but not one of the best.
I know the Patriots broke the TE paradigm with Hernandez and Gronk, but can we please stop projecting any TE who plays or looks anything like those guys, to not only go to the patriots but to be be as good as those guys. I mean if Patriot fans think they know what Belicheck is doing and puff up the value of these guys, great, but as far as I can tell Bellichek is smarter than trying to recreate the offense they had in 2012. He realizes that you don't just plug players into a system and it magically works because it worked before. He sees that you build a team around the talented players that you have and make the system work for the players you have, not vice versa.

voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Postby voiceofunreason » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:53 pm

abecksta wrote:
patriotsbeatz wrote:Well, for one, I think Amaro has a pretty high floor and if he gets into the right situation (New England?) then he could begin to produce good fantasy numbers within half of a season. Though, I don't know if I am sold on Amaro enough to use the 1.03 on him in your league format; then again in a TE premium league where you start just 1 TE premium I've seen Amaro go 1.04 in rookie mocks.

I know the Patriots broke the TE paradigm with Hernandez and Gronk, but can we please stop projecting any TE who plays or looks anything like those guys, to not only go to the patriots but to be be as good as those guys. I mean if Patriot fans think they know what Belicheck is doing and puff up the value of these guys, great, but as far as I can tell Bellichek is smarter than trying to recreate the offense they had in 2012. He realizes that you don't just plug players into a system and it magically works because it worked before. He sees that you build a team around the talented players that you have and make the system work for the players you have, not vice versa.
x100